Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

A) it is the deadline price with no worries about injury or paying $3M for a half a year

B) Jack is better and signed for multiple years at a price that will be a bargain in two years. Not even close to the same thing.

A) penny wise and pound foolish if Casey and Dylan get beat on. I’ll reserve judgment until I see how they replace Sam.

B) Certainly they are very different in terms of contract situations, but not in the “take the best offer for a guy that doesn’t want to be here” premise of your initial post, or Kevyn’s statement last night of the move having to make the Sabres better. Again, we’ll have to see the actual return, and how they replace Sam.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

After seeing what the Rangers got for Buchnevich I wasn't very excited about this trade but I believe Sam, Risto and Jack are part of the culture killers here imo so I think fresh start is a must for those 3. 

The Reinhart trade is a symptom of fan anger right now.  Of course, his contract status means less of a return, but the real issue is I gather most fans do not want to rebuild.  The team of course isn't calling it that, but sending out productive veterans signals a tear down.    

Besides, most fans didn't have a problem with Reinhart or Eichel along the lines it seems management has.  In sum, there's a huge disconnect between fans and management.  The former has lost most if not all of their trust in the latter. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.