Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, Rasmus_ said:

The 1st round pick in 2022, is a good get.  I hate the rest of the deal, but w/e.   ***** management, and incompetence galore. 

right... until it turns into the 28th overall pick. 

What a ***** trade. This team never learns and honestly I'm not watching much next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

If thats the best return out there then thats it. Not sure they would have received more at the deadline for a rental. I’d sure like to know what else was on the table from other teams. I hope this doesn’t constitute the goaltending fix.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bunomatic said:

If thats the best return out there then thats it. Not sure they would have received more at the deadline for a rental. I’d sure like to know what else was on the table from other teams. I hope this doesn’t constitute the goaltending fix.

For them, I think it unquestionably does. 

Saying nothing of the point in time they care about being "fixed" for 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I'd guess that Reino refused to sign an extension with Florida.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Maybe Reinhart wouldn't sign? A first for a rental would be a good return. 

It's gotta be this.  The only redeeming quality of this trade is that the 1st rounder isn't being reported as conditional or lottery-protected.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There has to be something more to this ... like Samson said he would not sign long term with any team right now and wants to test the market in a year.

Maybe the return is so little that there is a background deal that Sam will sign with the Sabres long term in a year.  

There as to be something like that.

It very well could be that he wasn’t interested in signing long term.  But still you would think he would return more.  This is probably less value than the Risto return.

If that is really all we get then this is damn near as bad as the now infamous ROR trade. Heck maybe JBotto can feel better now knowing he is no longer the answer to the question: who made the worse all time trade in Sabre history?" Absolutely f##king pathetic. Iguess if he gets a high 1st and two so-so propects for Jack KA will think he has done a great job apparently. Whatever...I give up with this team. Enough is enough... 

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t remember the particulars @nfreeman, but you’re right, I’m wrong. Give me the specs and I will pay up.

Terrible return and I like Levi. They must love Him, because that pick looks a lot more like the ROR next year’s 1st than the Erik Karlsson 1st.

Just now, sabrefanday1 said:

If that is really all we get then this is damn near as bad as the now infamous ROR trade. Heck maybe JBotto can feel better now knowing he is no longer the answer to the question: who made the worse all time trade in Sabre history?" Absolutely f##king pathetic. Iguess if he gets a high 1st and two so-so propects for Jack KA will think he has done a great job apparently. Whatever...I give up with this team. Enough is enough... 

See you ...

Just now, sabrefanday1 said:

it’s Botterill’s fault not Adam’s if the reason for the return is Reinhart contract demands. It’s not like Adam is passing up better deals if he’s choosing to trade to a division team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.