Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I *knew* it was Finkle and Einhorn behind the decision to refuse to add a 2nd line C since 2018 or a goalie of merit. 

Also, -1 to me for missing your initial point

Wax my car. It's a 2009 Vibe. Bring some Snickers. And no bitching.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Why are people thinking Vatrano?

I mean he’s an OK 3rd liner and kinda plays an Adams style.

But 27-year-old pending UFA and LW to boot just doesn’t seem like the kinda player we’d be targeting.

Rumors it was him last night

Just now, dudacek said:

But 27-year-old pending UFA and LW to boot just doesn’t seem like the kinda player we’d be targeting.

I thought he was a center.

Just now, dudacek said:

Chad. If he's wrong here we never speak his name again, he caused too much trauma 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Wax my car. It's a 2009 Vibe. Bring some Snickers. And no bitching.

2009 vibes all day then for me. Division win on the way and I'm still young! Half-Blood Prince is in theatres!

I can promise one of the last two 

Just now, Second Line Center said:

Chad makes the point I'm making about RFA status

Plenty have been harping on that Reinhart bridge for years. I know one guy.

Adams also bridged him. 

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is he not the ideal C you bring in if you believe in half the idea that you need to insulate the youth with talent?

The insulation could be there. And it'd be the type a team that doesn't want to win would target, IMO

Edited by Thorny

So who is going to replace Sam's 60 plus point potential on an already low scoring team?  WTH is in their minds right now? That is the bigger question.  I am hoping some bigger plan is at work. We will see.  If not we might not win 25 games next year.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

2009 vibes all day then for me. Division win on the way and I'm still young! Half-Blood Prince is in theatres!

I can promise one of the last two 

Plenty have been harping on that Reinhart bridge for years. I know one guy.

Adams also bridged him. 

Botts set the stage. I think Rhino would have signed then.

I highly doubt KA is planning to tank, nor do I think trading Risto and Reino (and Eichel, if and when that happens) should be interpreted as planning to tank.

He is rebuilding the team culture, which was terrible.  He's now shipped out 2 guys who pretty clearly wanted out and were both highly likely to leave after this year in UFA.

I, whacked-out on hopium, believe he is planning on a major upgrade in goal, which by itself will create a huge improvement over last year and keep the Sabres well clear of the bottom 5.  I think he also plans on adding at least 1 center and 1 defenseman who both fit his fast-gritty-good character target profile.

Let's see how it goes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I highly doubt KA is planning to tank, nor do I think trading Risto and Reino (and Eichel, if and when that happens) should be interpreted as planning to tank.

He is rebuilding the team culture, which was terrible.  He's now shipped out 2 guys who pretty clearly wanted out and were both highly likely to leave after this year in UFA.

I, whacked-out on hopium, believe he is planning on a major upgrade in goal, which by itself will create a huge improvement over last year and keep the Sabres well clear of the bottom 5.  I think he also plans on adding at least 1 center and 1 defenseman who both fit his fast-gritty-good character target profile.

Let's see how it goes.

Think you're right on here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Let's see how it goes.

He isn't planning on being last.  They want to win.  That message will be clear.  

It just isn't going to happen.  

This will take years.

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Let's see how it goes.

There's no other  option you just lost 85% of your offense.

giphy.webp

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.