Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Wonder if this leak came from Florida prematurely.

We didn't have any reason to excite our fans at midnight last night.  

At the very least we'll have gotten this entertaining thread out of it to pass the time 

Wait a sec . . . We get a #1, an everyday defenseman and a #2 next year for Risto and all we get back for Sam is prospect goalie Devon Levi & a seventh-round pick in 2020 who will play this year at Northeastern University?!?!?!?

THAT may be the hold-up!!

Unless Levi walks in as starter - we're getting nothing in return IMO.  Reinhart is more valuable than an injured Eichel, plus his play is on the up-tick despite the sad sack team we were last year (even played well under the soccer coach)!  I'm hoping this is why the deal isn't done + we face Florida all the time and it'll be a nightmare if we give him away for nothing of value and have to see him 8 times each year!.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Wait a sec . . . We get a #1, an everyday defenseman and a #2 next year for Risto and all we get back for Sam is prospect goalie Devon Levi & a seventh-round pick in 2020 who will play this year at Northeastern University?!?!?!?

THAT may be the hold-up!!

Unless Levi walks in as starter - we're getting nothing in return IMO.  Reinhart is more valuable than an injured Eichel, plus his play is on the up-tick despite the sad sack team we were last year (even played well under the soccer coach)!  I'm hoping this is why the deal isn't done + we face Florida all the time and it'll be a nightmare if we give him away for nothing of value and have to see him 8 times each year!.

Never give up! There might be more! 

• Like (+1) 1

Credible sources have reported Sam has been told he’s been traded to Florida and Levi’s camp believes he’s coming to Buffalo. They’ve also reported the holdup is about conditions tied to the picks (plural) involved.

We’ll find out when the conditions are sorted out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Credible sources have reported Sam has been told he’s been traded to Florida and Levi’s camp believes he’s coming to Buffalo. They’ve also reported the holdup is about conditions tied to the picks (plural) involved.

We’ll find out when the conditions are sorted out.

What an odd trade

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What an odd trade

The new CBA implemented last year took away the ability to make picks conditional on whether or not a player with an expiring contract re-signs with a team.  I gotta believe that this is what's gumming up the works, as the value of Reinhart-the-longterm-player vastly outweighs the value of Reinhart-the-one-year-rental, and Buffalo wants to maximize return.

Because it's been this long, I wonder if Reinhart and his agent are being included in discussions as part of a sign-and-trade.  Getting Reinhart to sign a deal that is both satisfactory to Reinhart and the Panthers would inherently be a slow process, especially if the Panthers' office is busy drafting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

The new CBA implemented last year took away the ability to make picks conditional on whether or not a player with an expiring contract re-signs with a team.  I gotta believe that this is what's gumming up the works, as the value of Reinhart-the-longterm-player vastly outweighs the value of Reinhart-the-one-year-rental, and Buffalo wants to maximize return.

Because it's been this long, I wonder if Reinhart and his agent are being included in discussions as part of a sign-and-trade.  Getting Reinhart to sign a deal that is both satisfactory to Reinhart and the Panthers would inherently be a slow process, especially if the Panthers' office is busy drafting.

I believe this is the reason why the Seth Jones trade was finalized before the draft.  An expension needed to be worked out, but still can't be signed officially until Wednesday ... UFA day.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I believe this is the reason why the Seth Jones trade was finalized before the draft.  An expension needed to be worked out, but still can't be signed officially until Wednesday ... UFA day.

Reinhart can sign an extension though, immediately. He doesn't have a contract currently.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.