Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Oh does it? So Eric Stahl is worth a number 2 draft choice in a trade? 

When Eric Staal was entering his 6th year, yes he was worth a 1st round pick.

If they they decide to trade Olofsson, should Kev the Rube ask for nothing higher than a 7th round pick?

Just now, Second Line Center said:

How is Sam's contract situation not impacting this?  

If so he should have been dealt at the deadline, no?  

At the trade deadline it’s best to trade people in the summer because you get a better return. In the summer it’s better to trade people at the trade deadline because you get a better return.

Hopium. It’s an incredible drug.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

At the trade deadline it’s best to trade people in the summer because you get a better return. In the summer it’s better to trade people at the trade deadline because you get a better return.

Because teams that sense they can win it tend to spend more at the trade deadline for valuable (possible rentals) then teams over the summer who hope to keep said potential rental long term but he isn't sure he wants to stay there.

Yes I do think you'd get more in a deadline deal in this situation.  Florida isn't parting with anything significant if they don't think they can lock him up - can someone offer sheet Sam, etc.  

We'll see what the return is but if it's what's reported what other reason you got besides Adams sucks.  

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You're slow today

Get em

10 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Whatever. He'll flame out in Miami with all that booger sugar available.

Considering the talent he’ll be surrounded with I suspect Samson will blow up. His numbers will be better than he actually is.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Gretchen, stop trying to make "hopium" happen.  It's not going to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Scene: The Millennium KBC's immaculate locker room.

<Jack Eichwalker twists a handle on the bubble hockey table. There is no player on the opposite side.>

Eichwalker: I can't believe he's gone.

K-P0S0 shakes his head, Ras2, Ras3, and Arttu all beep in consolation.

<Zem' Solo rushes in>

Zem: Come on, buddy, you're not out of this yet!

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

If this really is because of the RFA market, the Sabres better be all over that market. Then I'd feel a little better 

Reinhart was the only deal where the rumours have mentioned a "now" player for Sam. I don't think going after RFAs is in the cards. 

Though, if they were wrong on the Reinhart return, maybe they are wrong on what Adams is targeting for Eichel. 

Or maybe Vatrano (if he's the dude) classifies as the "now" player Adams wanted. I dunno 

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No. I, the fan, am inevitable. 

We are correlation, not causation. We are the canvas on which the Sabres have painted their last 10 seasons. 

I meant Sam. And Jack. And all the rest. They made the choice to fester in a negative environment and eventually have to ask out.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If this really is because of the RFA market, the Sabres better be all over that market. Then I'd feel a little better 

This is all I'm trying to figure out.  Because as soon as an RFA is traded it usually comes with a new contract....I think.  

How much is his RFA status an issue?  Would we give up elite or high end prospects for an RFA that won't sign long term here?  

How much leverage does Sam have?  

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I meant Sam. And Jack. And all the rest. They made the choice to fester in a negative environment and eventually have to ask out.

I *knew* it was Finkle and Einhorn behind the decision to refuse to add a 2nd line C since 2018 or a goalie of merit. 

Also, -1 to me for missing your initial point

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.