Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

28 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They should have done this one 

Conditions:

2022 2nd is the better of the two seconds the Isles currently own (Colorado and their own)

2023 3rd transfers only if Ladd plays at least one game for the Yotes in 2022-23

1 hour ago, Der Jaeger said:

https://twitter.com/blueseatblogs/status/1416542543123259402?s=21

Not sure if this guy is credible or not, but if this trade almost went down, Adams needs to be on the phone offering up Reinhart.

Horvat>Reinhart>Buchnevich.

I mean they are on a tier I guess, but the centre factor…

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Price is a BC boy…

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Horvat>Reinhart>Buchnevich.

I mean they are on a tier I guess, but the centre factor…

Price is a BC boy…

Seattle should take him. He still has some years left and would be their MAF. He may like being closer to his family and not being under the microscope of the Montreal media.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Heiskanen got $8.45 x 8. A lot of money in this flat Cap world.
95 career points in 205 games.

Dahlin 107 in 197. His agent is licking his chops.

Heiskanen does a lot of things well but he has shortcomings too. He didn’t lead his team to the playoffs this year after a deep run.

Heiskanen is definitely considered a better player though.

He has a 12th place Norris finish, he is already playing big mins (24-25 mins) with good results on a pretty good team, he plays on both special teams.

Dallas is projecting him to continue to be their big min #1 for the next 8 years.  It’s a lot of money, maybe a little too much, buts it’s not an unreasonable bet considering what he is already doing.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

What are the dates/times coming up now?

On 7/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, LGR4GM said:

Since we are rapidly approaching the expansion draft so here are the dates you want to know courtesy of John Vogl:

7/13: Asking players to waive NMC deadline (specifically for expansion draft) 5pm eastern

7/16: Players have to respond to NMC waive requests by this time and this is the last waivers before the roster freeze (5pm)

7/17: NHL roster freeze and submission of expansion draft lists (freeze at 3pm, lists due at 5pm)

7/18: Expansion draft protection lists and exposed players released. Seattle can talk to UFA's (10am)

7/21: NHL Expansion Draft (Seattle submits picks at 10am, Draft is revealed at 8pm)

7/22: Roster freeze ends, trades and waivers may resume (1pm)

7/23: NHL entry draft 1st round (8pm eastern start time)

7/24: NHL entry draft rounds 2-7

7/28: NHL Free Agency

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, LGR4GM said:

17 hours still to go. 

Will you be surprised if Ristolainen is a Sabre game 1? We've been through this song and dance so, so many times with this guy: we can look at all the stats that say Risto is terrible but one of the stats is that he *does* get the amount of minutes qualifying him for those "underlying numbers for d men playing "this" many minutes" lists. He gets the minutes, he just does, the franchise has proven reluctant to move him and it's easy to see why: they intend to, and always have, used him a lot.

To me it's really a situation where I expect him to be here until I see otherwise.