Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

i just read that minnesota bought out the contracts of suter and parise. i dont understand how that effects their cap. i read it on 3 different sites and still dont get it.

is it basically they stay on their cap, but for much less money each year but spread out for longer?

Edited by Mike Honcho

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

i just read that minnesota bought out the contracts of suter and parise. i dont understand how that effects their cap. i read it on 3 different sites and still dont get it.

is it basically they stay on their cap, but for much less money each year but spread out for longer?

Basically.  It saves them a bunch on the cap next season, then saves them only a little for the following 3 years, then cost them a little for a few years after that.

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

2/3 but spread out for twice the remaining contract period - if I have it right. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/ryan-suter

This is how Ryan Suter will affect their cap going forward. Look up Parise on here too for his buyout info too. 

Then for funzies lookup Cody Hodgson. We’re still paying his buyout 😕

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Per the Athletic today, Colorado and Landeskog, who is 29 and a UFA, are very far apart on an extension.

Hello KA.  

He's not coming here, and I don't see how he fits our rebuild with his age. Unless we're keeping Eichel

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's not coming here, and I don't see how he fits our rebuild with his age. Unless we're keeping Eichel

I know he’s not coming here, but he would be a fantastic addition.  Not everyone needs to be the same age — some vets are needed to take the pressure off of the kids.

Also, there aren’t going to be that many teams with the cap space to give him, say, $8MM x 5 years.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I know he’s not coming here, but he would be a fantastic addition.  Not everyone needs to be the same age — some vets are needed to take the pressure off of the kids.

Also, there aren’t going to be that many teams with the cap space to give him, say, $8MM x 5 years.  

If we trade Eichel we will need a captain. I don't think he's coming here either, but he'd be a good addition. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Is anyone picking up Zach? I'm betting the leafs thanked him and wished him the best of luck during their *talk*.

There is no room for a cup winner on the Buffalo Sabres, especially that one.

I know, I know ... you said nothing about the Sabres in your post, but what i said needed to be said, so I said it.

How's that for goodly typing?

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There is no room for a cup winner on the Buffalo Sabres, especially that one.

I know, I know ... you said nothing about the Sabres in your post, but what i said needed to be said, so I said it.

How's that for goodly typing?

Winning the cup and help winning the cup are most certainly debatable in Zach's case. If any team could use a d-man with at least third line veteran savvy and leader ship it's Toronto. They took a pass.  To find a team digger deeper into the barrel of useful d-men as Toronto is would be hard to find. Zach will find it hard for another gig.

I have a friend that grew up with the Bogosians. Always talks about how *the old man* was a stickler for an honest days work and made sure the boys knew what a hard days work was. Called them *good people*. I have no reason to dislike him at a personal level and am glad he will be finishing his career on a very high note.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, WildCard said:

He isn’t going to come to Buffalo, but he is exactly the veteran presence we need, with or without Eichel. 

Edited by Pimlach

LTIR for Weber saves a lot of cap room for Montreal.  Maybe he'll pull a Kucherov for the playoffs next year.

I can only imagine what it took to get him ready to play during the playoffs at the level he was playing with all those injuries.  Warrior.