Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

9 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Yeah, I would of used the MTL 3rd to get him for his vet presence and still being adequate for a year 

They can't. If they are protecting Risto for a team, adding Leddy just creates another player to protect. 

Sabres best move would be to trade a 3rd rounder for a player equivalent to Borgen and let Seattle choose between that player and Borgen.

Effectively, the expansion draft would cost them a 3rd rounder. A 3rd-rounder is better than the 11th best player on your roster.

Reminder of dates and times

On 7/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, LGR4GM said:

Since we are rapidly approaching the expansion draft so here are the dates you want to know courtesy of John Vogl:

7/13: Asking players to waive NMC deadline (specifically for expansion draft) 5pm eastern

7/16: Players have to respond to NMC waive requests by this time and this is the last waivers before the roster freeze (5pm)

7/17: NHL roster freeze and submission of expansion draft lists (freeze at 3pm, lists due at 5pm)

7/18: Expansion draft protection lists and exposed players released. Seattle can talk to UFA's (10am)

7/21: NHL Expansion Draft (Seattle submits picks at 10am, Draft is revealed at 8pm)

7/22: Roster freeze ends, trades and waivers may resume (1pm)

7/23: NHL entry draft 1st round (8pm eastern start time)

7/24: NHL entry draft rounds 2-7

7/28: NHL Free Agency

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Sabres best move would be to trade a 3rd rounder for a player equivalent to Borgen and let Seattle choose between that player and Borgen.

Effectively, the expansion draft would cost them a 3rd rounder. A 3rd-rounder is better than the 11th best player on your roster.

Dudacek4GM

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

8x8.45mil is being reported.

Would you give Dahlin that?

The good news is we won’t have to. This means the max Dahlin should expect over term is about $7 and that’s probably generous.

I suspect Dahlin’s camp will want a bridge in order to build a resume in order to qualify him for that deal in two years.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The good news is we won’t have to. This means the max Dahlin should expect over term is about $7 and that’s probably generous.

I suspect Dahlin’s camp will want a bridge in order to build a resume in order to qualify him for that deal in two years.

I can't keep everything straight.

Dahlin has 1 year left on his ELC, right?

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I can't keep everything straight.

Dahlin has 1 year left on his ELC, right?

No he's an RFA and needs a deal for this coming season. 

I suspect a bridge deal as well.