Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

image.thumb.png.48995ae4a12016fb58799b3209404f56.pngimage.thumb.png.2ae4fe4a934ab0987cf03ac4d1220ab3.png

Those buyouts are absurd. Left is Parise, right is Suter.

Forgot they got the same contract (I believe) so yeah their buyouts are the same.

In 2022, 23, 24 they will be spending $13-15M of the cap on those two buyouts.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

In 2022, 23, 24 they will be spending $13-15M of the cap on those two buyouts.

Exactly. How does getting Jack help your team when you have to empty the bank to get him, and you'll be cap hamstrung for the next 3 years in his prime? Just doesn't make sense to me.

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Jack getting traded to the 2012 Sabres of the Western conference would be awful though.

Probably more like the 09 Sabres. 

Better obviously, but a good underlying team missing a top C

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How does this help them with the cap? What were Parise and Suter's hit b4 the buyout?

Cap hit was $7.5 each.

So in 2021-22 they are saving a lot.  The following 3 years they aren’t saving anything.

Edited by Curt

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Exactly. How does getting Jack help your team when you have to empty the bank to get him, and you'll be cap hamstrung for the next 3 years in his prime? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Realistically speaking Bill Guerin won’t be the GM of the Wild in a Few Years and how much pressure is coming from Kaprizov’s Camp to acquire a Bonafide 1C? 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Probably more like the 09 Sabres. 

Better obviously, but a good underlying team missing a top C

Are they that good? I feel like they're pretty mediocre. I can't imagine Jack puts them any closer to contention.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Are they that good? I feel like they're pretty mediocre. I can't imagine Jack puts them any closer to contention.

Well, they've made the playoffs 7 times over the last 10 seasons. They always seem to be in and around it but not a threat to actually go deep. I think Jack could definitely be that piece. 

29 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Jack getting traded to the 2012 Sabres of the Western conference would be awful though.

Awful for Jack.  Awfully fun for me.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m lost.

Wild have made the playoffs 7 more times than Buffalo over the last decade. I'm not so sure that's awful for Jack at all, and Minnesota is a big big hockey town obviously. 

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Realistically speaking Bill Guerin won’t be the GM of the Wild in a Few Years and how much pressure is coming from Kaprizov’s Camp to acquire a Bonafide 1C? 

I'm sure there's pressure, but that's an awful solution. Better off going for Wright or just waiting for Rossi.

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

7 > 0

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m lost.

The Wild have made the playoffs 7/10 seasons, we haven't.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Wild have made the playoffs 7 more times than Buffalo over the last decade. I'm not so sure that's awful for Jack at all, and Minnesota is a big big hockey town obviously. 

And by town, I obviously mean State lol

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Let me have my Buffalo west moment!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

I'm sure there's pressure, but that's an awful solution. Better off going for Wright or just waiting for Rossi.

The Wild have made the playoffs 7/10 seasons, we haven't.

Guerin because of pressure placed on Him by Kaprizov might not be able to wait for Rossi, who is probably a minimum of year or two away from being a 1C or having less than a 17%  of getting Wright if they finish 32nd. 

Another advantage the Sabres might have is both Karmanos and Ventura have worked closely with Guerin and would know His Strengths or more importantly His Weaknesses.