Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Any Canadians here wanna tell us all what’s in this? https://twitter.com/tsnhockey/status/1418790027534999554?s=21

-irreconcilable differences between team and Jack

-ask multiple futures

-nothing suitable to pull trigger for KA yet (he must need a 6th round goalie prospect in this deal)

-possible Eichel could return but Dreger does not think that will be the case

• Thanks (+1) 1

Since KA arrived he: passed on Rossi for Quinn (time will tell), ignored the NEED to upgrade goaltending last offseason, brought in a bunch of guys with terrible analytics that played terrible, made a nice Risto trade but follows it up with this Sam *****.  Now we find out he hasn’t even communicated with Jack?

Why are the Sabres going with a rookie GM to make such franchise altering moves???  This Jack trade CANNOT look anywhere close to what the rumoured Sam deal is. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm begging you all to go get some fresh air. Please.

I plan on it.  I’m sick of wasting my time checking for updates.  I’ve been a diehard since birth but if they just give Jack away….

50 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Since KA arrived he: passed on Rossi for Quinn (time will tell), ignored the NEED to upgrade goaltending last offseason, brought in a bunch of guys with terrible analytics that played terrible, made a nice Risto trade but follows it up with this Sam *****.  Now we find out he hasn’t even communicated with Jack?

Why are the Sabres going with a rookie GM to make such franchise altering moves???  This Jack trade CANNOT look anywhere close to what the rumoured Sam deal is. 

No … he’s done quite a bit more than that ….

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Did everyone catch this? Harrington is right, Adams' behavior is bizarre. How do you not know that about Jack?

give me a minute 

I watched and I think both Harrington and Vogl are exaggerating on this.  Yes, KA is communicating with the agent and not with Eichel directly.  I think that is pretty common, especially in a situation like this where the player is estranged from the team.

I think KA's view hasn't changed:  he wants to trade Eichel but only for a rich package.  If the right package doesn't materialize -- and the odds of that outcome increased substantially after last night passed with no trade -- he won't be traded.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I watched and I think both Harrington and Vogl are exaggerating on this.  Yes, KA is communicating with the agent and not with Eichel directly.  I think that is pretty common, especially in a situation like this where the player is estranged from the team.

I think KA's view hasn't changed:  he wants to trade Eichel but only for a rich package.  If the right package doesn't materialize -- and the odds of that outcome increased substantially after last night passed with no trade -- he won't be traded.

I would love to keep Jack if things can get patched up but that seems doubtful. Still he's under contract and you don't need to make a bad trade in any case.

• Like (+1) 1

If Eichel has to play on this team next season with what the braintrust of this team just did he will be absolutely miserable. Adams is clearly intent on the first pick. So far we’ve become much worse losing Sam and Risto. I haven’t much hope left in the hopetank. 

there is absolutely no reason to keep Jack now...if they thought we was miserable before imagine now after trading two key players on the team for nothing that can help the team now. I can just hear it: "geez Jack just hang in there we may be better in 3 or 4 years". Sure Jack'll be real impressed

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

If Eichel has to play on this team next season with what the braintrust of this team just did he will be absolutely miserable. Adams is clearly intent on the first pick. So far we’ve become much worse losing Sam and Risto. I haven’t much hope left in the hopetank. 

Ask your doctor if Hopium™ is right for you.*

*Side effects include capal tunnel syndrome, dry eyes and back pain. Call your moderator if your hope remains high for more than four hours. Do not drive while on Hopium.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

there is absolutely no reason to keep Jack now...if they thought we was miserable before imagine now after trading two key players on the team for nothing that can help the team now. I can just hear it: "geez Jack just hang in there we may be better in 3 or 4 years". Sure Jack'll be real impressed

I don't care how Jack feels.  He has a contract.  Suck it up, superstar.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Ask your doctor if Hopium™ is right for you.*

*Side effects include capal tunnel syndrome, dry eyes and back pain. Call your moderator if your hope remains high for more than four hours. Do not drive while on Hopium.

I love the fine print side effects but you need an 800 number to call and a little blurb how if you can’t afford it you may qualify for free dosage.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

It's better than allowing players to dictate to the GM that they need to be moved for peanuts or else become a "distraction."

I was watching draft coverage yesterday on ESPN and John Davidson was interviewed about the Seth Jones trade.  Davidson made it clear CBJ was backed into trading him when he wouldn't re-sign.  Like they were with Duchene and allowing Bobrovsky to hit UFA before him.    

The balance of power between players and teams is shading more toward players, especially when they're signed with underperforming franchises.  It's definitely not good and makes it increasingly hard for poorly run teams to recover. 

The onus is on management to get good fast and that started in the NBA but has carried over to the NHL and NFL. 

I'm torn on Eichel because he's their best player and is under contract.  At the same time, the Sabres are a woefully run organization with no signs they're near being a championship caliber team.  And all the while, the good teams stay good and the bad ones with bad management are stuck in neutral or constantly rebuilding. 

2 minutes ago, Courier-Express said:

So this is what it all comes down to. Who will pony up a top center prospect, a current top line forward and at least one first round pick?  I can wait.

Nobody but thankfully someone will be willing to offer a lottery protected first and a 24 year old defenseman with roughly a dozen NHL games under his belt and not real skills.

• Sad 1