Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

4 hours ago, klos1963 said:

This is interesting to me because I have not heard him say anything remotely like this during the whole saga. I always felt Jack was gone because the team wouldn't make a verbal commitment to him. I'm reaching, because I don't want to trade him, but this could mean a lot.

He's going to be dealt. It's just a question of when. 

From Mike Russo of The Athletic.

That’s why nothing’s transpired, at least yet, between the Wild and Sabres regarding Jack Eichel, Buffalo’s disgruntled No. 1 center.

The Sabres have not come off their ask of at least four future assets the equivalent of first-round picks for the $10 million-a-year star.

So the Wild and Sabres find themselves in a game of chicken.

Guerin doesn’t want to decimate his franchise by selling the farm, but he also can’t find a way to satisfy the Sabres’ request unless they are willing — or another team is willing — to essentially take $10 million worth of players from Minnesota.

Guerin’s either going to have to be patient and wait out the Sabres until their asking price significantly drops or simply find other ways to fill out his roster. As of now, Sabres GM Kevyn Adams doesn’t sound like he’s going to drop the price for Eichel, take on lucrative salaried players in the midst of an obvious rebuild, or retain any of Eichel’s salary.

One year of Victor Rask at 4 Million and two years of Matt Dumba at six million gets them there. 
That is if Minnesota wants to move Him
The Sabres could retain salary and flip Dumba if he doesn’t want to waive His M NTC for Buffalo 

Edited by Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s why nothing’s transpired, at least yet, between the Wild and Sabres regarding Jack Eichel, Buffalo’s disgruntled No. 1 center.

The Sabres have not come off their ask of at least four future assets the equivalent of first-round picks for the $10 million-a-year star.

Guerin doesn’t want to decimate his franchise by selling the farm, but he also can’t find a way to satisfy the Sabres’ request unless they are willing — or another team is willing — to essentially take $10 million worth of players from Minnesota.

Guerin’s either going to have to be patient and wait out the Sabres until their asking price significantly drops or simply find other ways to fill out his roster. As of now, Sabres GM Kevyn Adams doesn’t sound like he’s going to drop the price for Eichel, take on lucrative salaried players in the midst of an obvious rebuild, or retain any of Eichel’s salary.

One year of Victor Rask at 4 Million and two years of Matt Dumba at six million gets them there. 
The Sabres could retain salary and flip Dumba if he doesn’t want to waive His M NTC for Buffalo 

Sorry, I'm not taking Rask and Dumba maybe one, but not two.  ***** THAT. 

4 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Sorry, I'm not taking Rask and Dumba maybe one, but not two.  ***** THAT. 

Why?  We have to use FA to plug those holes anyway. One and two years is not a problem now with Reinhart and Risto gone

im assuming 4 blue pieces plus these two as a dump. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Why?  We have to use FA to plug those holes anyway. One and two years is not a problem now with Reinhart and Risto gone

Agreed.  As long as the contracts are 2 years or less then the Sabres should take any cap dump to offset salary.  That is how you will maximize the return. 

Sabres are obviously rebuilding again and arn't in win now mode for 2 years.  If this can get you Rossi and Boldy plus then you have to do it. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sure, give me Rossi, Boldy, 2022 1st and maybe Addison then Dumba and Rask. We'll even give you Miller at 50% retained to help with your immediate salary concerns.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd take both. Rask is 1 year so who cares. Dumba is 2 but we need a right

I just don't want Dumba because they'll state that he's a major component, and I don't really want that for Eichel.  Lets just start over. 

40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4246032

We are having a hard enough time getting an “equivalent of 4 first-rounders” return.

If we are asking that without taking on salary as well - as Russo implies - we’re *****. It’s a hand we can’t win.

Is this another Terry ultimatum like “trade him but I’m not paying the bonus?”

Only it’s accompanied by a “And don’t embarrass me either, like the O’Reilly deal?”

So Kevyn’s left looking like an unreasonable a-hole to his peers?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Goddamnit, Terry. If you were a better owner, we wouldn't be going through this.

I might be the only one but I don't want the spoiled ***** Rangers to get anything of ours

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

To be honest I'd even take Zuccarello and his 3x6mil contract if it got me Boldy and Rossi

I  Remember we were close to getting him thank God that didn't happen

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Yes, exactly. But I'm starting to wonder if there is word from the top not to take on dead salaries. Perhaps Pegula has decreed if it's a tank we spend the least possible while tanking. Certainly seems that way. I'm not sure the plan is to actually have a winner in the next year or two. 

But I'm also not convinced Minnesota is keen to move Dumba. 

I personally think the way forward is making some of the ask conditional. So, hypothetically if we want 4 assets and they only want to offer 3 we make the 4th one a pick conditional on what happens and they should be happy with that . How many points Eichel gets etc might determine the value of that future pick. What used to be called the old "future considerations".  (I think there should have been a conditional added to the Reinhart deal based on his signing longer term, but I'm still okay with that one as is. Maybe not full value, but necessary and maybe best we could get). 

In any event the recent KA comment about being fine with Eichel on the roster in the fall screams failure at getting this done and/or a transparent negotiating ploy. Letting the NMC kick in on a guy who has already stated he wants no part of another rebuild would be disastrous and he's not fooling anyone with that comment. 

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is the most obvious ***** in the world. Take on the salary to make this happen and move on. You can flip the salary players for something later but at the end of the day when you trade Jack you’re going to need to add players to get to the cap floor anyways. Get this done, take Rask and Dumba.

2 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Apparently, there was a deal involving three as the centerpiece that fell through. 

Also, one Leafs vs Sabres game likely to be an outdoor game this year. 

The Leafs/Sabres rumor comes from a tweet from John Buccigross just saying it SHOULD happen, right?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

In any event the recent KA comment about being fine with Eichel on the roster in the fall screams failure at getting this done and/or a transparent negotiating ploy. Letting the NMC kick in on a guy who has already stated he wants no part of another rebuild would be disastrous and he's not fooling anyone with that comment. 

All I can add to this is that this Adams remark was not unprompted.  It was in direct response to a question along the lines of “Is there any chance at all that Eichel is on the team at the start of next season, or is the relationship just too broken?”  With that question, I’m not sure what else Adams is supposed to say.

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is the most obvious ***** in the world. Take on the salary to make this happen and move on. You can flip the salary players for something later but at the end of the day when you trade Jack you’re going to need to add players to get to the cap floor anyways. Get this done, take Rask and Dumba.

It all depends on the deal though doesn’t it.  If Minnesota was trying to say Dumba, Rask, Boldy/Rossi, and a 1st, is that enough?