Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

A lot of buzz on Twitter that Habs  are gunning hard for jack eichel. 

I would hate this 

Price and a first rounder. We have the cap to do it. Everyone says we need a goalkeeper!😀

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Unfortunately that's how the owner thinks, according to Vogl's source. Sad. Very old thinking. Is anyone surprised?

Hey for once I actually agree with the owner. Barring the Rangers blowing us out of the water with their offer; there's little reason to accept anything in the Conference. As for the division even more so barring sheer stupidity on the divisional team's part. Boston and Toronto though, no chance; they can offer us the world and I'd still have difficulty.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Probably just  Noise but who knows.

I didn't know Jack eichel favorite team was the Montreal Canadians?  I always thought it was Boston

That second tweet is hilarious, that isn't anything special. Trading Eichel in-division is a major no no, even more so if the best we get out of it is a below average center, a D prospect and some chaff.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Probably just  Noise but who knows.

I didn't know Jack eichel favorite team was the Montreal Canadians?  I always thought it was Boston

The Friedman stuff is from yesterday morning in reference to two days ago. The other guy I’ve never heard of and seems to be just saying a lot of junk. Nobody is getting that many specifics fed to them.

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

What would people want from Montreal?

Kotkaniemi is a bust want nothing to do with him btw

Nothing they’d be willing to give. Caufield is the only player I have interest in as a centerpiece and they won’t move him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The Friedman stuff is from yesterday morning in reference to two days ago. The other guy I’ve never heard of and seems to be just saying a lot of junk. Nobody is getting that many specifics fed to them.

You're probably right it's still fun talking about different packages 

11 minutes ago, Radar said:

Price and a first rounder. We have the cap to do it. Everyone says we need a goalkeeper!😀

I think Price would retire if that happened, or would play up the 'Serious Injury and might never play again' again their GM was trying to use to keep Seattle from taking him.....

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Allan, one of their good defensemen like Petry or Chariot and a first and second round pick 

That return is both not enough and not reflective of the direction this team is going in.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I think Price would retire if that happened, or would play up the 'Serious Injury and might never play again' again their GM was trying to use to keep Seattle from taking him.....

I think Price would. Plus isn't be on a NMC and only waived it for the expansion draft? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That's all you want ? Or that's what you think the package would be .

For me it's starts with Caufield

As long as the defenseman is signed longer term, I'd be happy. Maybe try and get another pick out of them, but I'd be happy with that return 

Just now, Radar said:

I think Price would. Plus isn't be on a NMC and only waived it for the expansion draft? 

I think so, he did have to waive it for the draft like many other did but that waive was only when it came to the draft.

I don't see him waiving anything to come to Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

(I think there should have been a conditional added to the Reinhart deal based on his signing longer term, but I'm still okay with that one as is. Maybe not full value, but necessary and maybe best we could get)

The league no longer allows conditions based on whether a player signs.

That could have been why the return for Reino was what it was:  They might have tried a sign-and-trade and he wouldn't agree to a long term deal because he does intend to go out west asap.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

In any event the recent KA comment about being fine with Eichel on the roster in the fall screams failure at getting this done and/or a transparent negotiating ploy.

And he's willing to call other teams' bluffs and stay with Eichel if need be.

37 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I agree. Or at least would have agreed in the past. But, I’m just not 100% sure anymore. I’m not convinced that KA is going to come down on his price, nor do I think he should. Ever. That said, GMs across the league want things on the cheap. I’m not so sure they are going to “decimate their franchise” (or some other overly dramatic verbiage). So, if there is an impasse, which is incredibly possible, Jack is to going to be faced with a big decision. Sit or play hockey. Do you think KA is going to, or should, come down on his price just “to move him”?

Assuming Jack is healthy he is not going to sit under any circumstances. It wouldn't be in his best interest. 

KA has a value range for Jack. If a deal can be made within the range he will make a deal. If not he will hold on until the range is met. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

For my personal choice its either ducks or kings I want that 2022 first  Unprotected and we good 

I agree that it's best to get an unprotected 1st round pick if possible but something we don't talk about with a protected 1st round pick is that you can only protect it the first year.  If it moves to the second year it's no longer protected.  Ottawa got burned on that one in the Matt Duchene trade with Colorado.  Ottawa chose to move it out a year and Colorado ended up with the 4th overall pick choosing Bowen Byram.

The counter argument is that good teams could trade an unprotected pick like San Jose did for Erik Karlsson when Ottawa received the 3rd overall pick and chose  Tim Stutzle.  I would think that this scenario is why good teams still want to insist on protecting the pick.

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

KA has a value range for Jack. If a deal can be made within the range he will make a deal. If not he will hold on until the range is met. 

Agree with this.  This isn't a Reino/Risto situation where he will be a UFA in a year, nor is it a desperate situation to get him off the team (at least it isn't unless Terry interferes).  He should hold tight.  If it's Jack who wants out, the NMC has less effect:  Okay Jack, you don't want to get traded to Arizona?  Fine, we'll just keep you.

• Like (+1) 1

Go to just before the 29 minute mark to hear Eichel stuff (ignore the 29:45 mark mentioned in the description - it’s wrong oddly). Or just read my notes!

- Florida tried getting Eichel before moving to Reinhart. Nothing came close.

- Montreal tried on Eichel on Friday but it’s unclear where things stand.

- Minnesota does not appear to be in on Eichel right now because they’re not willing to pay the price.

- The Rangers have apparently said Schneider and Nils Lundqvist are untouchable. (My note: stop talking to the Rangers, that’s ridiculous)

- Calgary is involved and keeps circling back to see if they can find a match.

- Seattle is not involved.

- They both agree Seth Jones trade helped the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

KA outright said he spent all day Friday talking with Montreal about Eichel trade.

I find the comment about K funny as the stats junkies like Jame thought he was the best player from his draft from the get go. Now he’s a bust?  Never can please anyone. 

I won’t be sad seeing Eichel on a team like Montreal. He will demand all the minutes and bring them down.