Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Friedman’s words and tone just now talking about Eichel and saying the price is still too high for teams makes it sound like Eichel is nowhere near being traded and never has been. He also said Eichel is frustrated which tells me Eichel might be the one driving this whole thing. If the team has interest in moving him they can’t ask for TOO much (yes, there is such a thing as too big of a demand).

It's a small sample size, but I trust GMKA's trade skills more than I trust his drafting prowess so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

So Minny just picked Wallstedt.... if they end up trading for Eich I wonder if he comes with the package?

Nah. Once you make the pick you fall for the pick. The time to trade Eichel was before the first round picks were made. I thought that we could trade Eichel for just as much as Yoda. I was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think other GMs thought that GMKA was desperate to trade Eichel and Reinhart before the draft and would crack by the time the draft started, whence their teams could get Eichel and Reinhart with a discount.  Kudos to GMKA for holding firm so far.

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I think other GMs thought that GMKA was desperate to trade Eichel and Reinhart before the draft and would crack by the time the draft started, whence their teams could get Eichel and Reinhart with a discount.  Kudos to GMKA for holding firm so far.

I guess it pretty much just rules out Anaheim 

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

As it should be.  Eichel is an elite talent.   

• Like (+1) 2

If I'm GMKA, the price just went up.  If you make me wait for next year's draft and now I don't know your position,  you're paying more.

If nobody wants to pay the price then KA message to Eichel is, too bad, play and do what's asked of you. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Anyone holding out hope for keeping Jack, you can kiss that goodbye. Moving Reinhart is as big as a sign you can get that Jack is gone.

agreed...in fact it makes absolutely no sense to even remotely consider keeping Jack now as you might as well go all in with the rebuild (and this is now offically a rebuild) as Jack will have no one to play with (unless you consider Skinner). Sad to think we went through the"tank" years for absolutely nothing as we have now given away what we gained from those terrible years and have not much to show for it. Gonna be long years ahead with no scoring and no superstars or even anyone close (Jack still is considered this and Sam was pretty darn close) either on the team or anywhere in the system.  I don't think Power will ever be a superstar d-man like Hedman. Safe to say there is no future superstar anywhere in the system so I have no idea what the plan is here. Be different if this year's 1st overall was a clear future superstar like McDavid or even Jack. Boy after following this team since day one this is depressing...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Anyone holding out hope for keeping Jack, you can kiss that goodbye. Moving Reinhart is as big as a sign you can get that Jack is gone.

And people should lower their expectations way, way down 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

So Minny just picked Wallstedt.... if they end up trading for Eich I wonder if he comes with the package?

I doubt it. If Minn does trade for Eichel the focus for the Sabres will probably be their top prospects such as Boldy and Rossi. I don't believe that Minn will give up both of them. 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Did everyone catch this? Harrington is right, Adams' behavior is bizarre. How do you not know that about Jack?

Harrington is right and it is clear that Adams is only talking to the agent. 

• Like (+1) 1