Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

It all depends on the deal though doesn’t it.  If Minnesota was trying to say Dumba, Rask, Boldy/Rossi, and a 1st, is that enough?

That seems to fit with what it appears to me to be their  blue print. 

Edited by Radar

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Whose blueprint?  Not the blueprint that Adams has laid out.

Get young promising prospects and high draft choices. This is obviously not about winning short term. This is total rebuild. I say rebuild because they I don't think are trying to lose but they are willing to in order to build from ground up. 

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Get young promising prospects and high draft choices. This is obviously not about winning short term. This is total rebuild. I say rebuild because they I don't think are trying to lose but they are willing to in order to build from ground up. 

The blueprint that seems to have been laid out is 4 good young pieces, of 1st round pick equivalent value.

Just now, Curt said:

The blueprint that seems to have been laid out is 4 good young pieces, of 1st round pick equivalent value.

Okay. Yes that's true but it's also true they need a goalkeeper and probably are in a position to take on money to get those young prospects off other teams. 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

The desire that the Sabres wanted 4 good young pieces for Jack that are at a 1st round value were returns that were hoped for. There is nothing wrong with starting off negotiations at a highpoint. If the market doesn't respond to your initial high stance then you adjust and move your expectations downward. If the Sabres can come away with 2 or surprisingly 3 high value returns I will be more than satisfied. The Sabres are not driving this market; it is responding to it. It comes down to expectation facing the reality of the marketplace. 

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The desire that the Sabres wanted 4 good young pieces for Jack that are at a 1st round value were returns that were hoped for. There is nothing wrong with starting off negotiations at a highpoint. If the market doesn't respond to your initial high stance then you adjust and move your expectations downward. If the Sabres can come away with 2 or surprisingly 3 high value returns I will be more than satisfied. The Sabres are not driving this market; it is responding to it. It comes down to expectation facing the reality of the marketplace. 

There has to be some immediate help though. A good  NHL defenseman, perhaps a goalie who could play now, and after that I'm cool with pulling in draft picks, first and second rounders. 

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd take both. Rask is 1 year so who cares. Dumba is 2 but we need a right

I technically agree with you but I'm not sure they really want to dump Dumba, they only have 3 signed Dmen so far including Dumba, so I'm guessing we could add 1 or 2 of our young LHD prospects (Samuelson-Johnson-Bryson) if we really want to get Boldy and Rossi ++ in return. I think both GMs are playing mind games in the media also, so I wouldn't necessarily believe much that is coming out of either of their mouths. We'll see.

34 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

There has to be some immediate help though. A good  NHL defenseman, perhaps a goalie who could play now, and after that I'm cool with pulling in draft picks, first and second rounders. 

You have a choice: You get what you can get or you wait it out a little longer and start the season with Jack on the roster. By moving out Risto and Reinhart you make it more likely that the return on Jack is less because teams recognize that eventually Jack will have to be moved. I was happy with the return for Risto but disappointed on the return for Reinhart. But when you are cornered and in a tough situation you have to adjust to it. 

There is no hiding the fact to the rest of the league that the Sabres want to move on from the three players who formed the old core. It's not a question of being in a position of strength or weakness as it is the reality of the direction where this organization is heading toward i.e. rebuilding. 

I believe that it's in Jack's and the franchise's best interest to move on from each other. I have little criticism for Jack wanting to have a fresh start somewhere else. When you have systemic failure it's not surprising that you get more player/s disillusionment. I'm at the point where if the return meets my lower expectation of getting a respectable return I will be sufficiently satisfied. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You have a choice: You get what you can get or you wait it out a little longer and start the season with Jack on the roster. By moving out Risto and Reinhart you make it more likely that the return on Jack is less because teams recognize that eventually Jack will have to be moved. I was happy with the return for Risto but disappointed on the return for Reinhart. But when you are cornered and in a tough situation you have to adjust to it. 

There is no hiding the fact to the rest of the league that the Sabres want to move on from the three players who formed the old core. It's not a question of being in a position of strength or weakness as it is the reality of the direction where this organization is heading toward i.e. rebuilding. 

I’m not so sure of that. Both of those players were basically 1 year rentals that weren’t going to sign with us. It’s natural for us wanting to get assets for them. Jack is different. He has 5 more years on his contract and if tomorrow was opening night, I still think we have a decent young roster with him included. We finally have a viable 2C. Plus, Jack is only 24. Some may even argue that Jack is even more valuable to us now that Sam and Risto have been moved. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I’m not so sure of that. Both of those players were basically 1 year rentals that weren’t going to sign with us. It’s natural for us wanting to get assets for them. Jack is different. He has 5 more years on his contract and if tomorrow was opening night, I still think we have a decent young roster with him included. We finally have a viable 2C. Plus, Jack is only 24. Some may even argue that Jack is even more valuable to us now that Sam and Risto have been moved. 

The Sabres and Jack have one thing in common. Both sides recognize that it is time to move on. Jack is not buying in to the rebuild just as Risto and Reinhart were not invested in it. What Jack wants is a fresh start somewhere else; what the franchise wants is a reset. It's in the interest of both sides to move on. How it gets done and the timing of it are to be determine. But the inevitable divorce will  get done. Adams has not been subtle about the buy-in required from his players, and Jack has made his feelings known to the organization not so much where he wants to go to but where he doesn't want to be. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres and Jack have one thing in common. Both sides recognize that it is time to move on. Jack is not buying in to the rebuild just as Risto and Reinhart were not invested in it. What Jack wants is a fresh start somewhere else; what the franchise wants is a reset. It's in the interest of both sides to move on. How it gets done and the timing of it are to be determine. But the inevitable divorce will  get done. Adams has not been subtle about the buy-in required from his players, and Jack has made his feelings known to the organization not so much where he wants to go to but where he doesn't want to be. 

I agree. Or at least would have agreed in the past. But, I’m just not 100% sure anymore. I’m not convinced that KA is going to come down on his price, nor do I think he should. Ever. That said, GMs across the league want things on the cheap. I’m not so sure they are going to “decimate their franchise” (or some other overly dramatic verbiage). So, if there is an impasse, which is incredibly possible, Jack is to going to be faced with a big decision. Sit or play hockey. Do you think KA is going to, or should, come down on his price just “to move him”?

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

A lot of buzz on Twitter that Habs  are gunning hard for jack eichel. 

I would hate this 

I absolutely agree with you.

I would hate it on two fronts.  First I don't think the Habs have enough A+ prospects to give back in a trade.  I would be shocked if they would agree to trade Caufield and that's their best piece to trade with us.  Second having to listen to the Canadian media continuously talk in the future about how they stole Eichel for their success.  It would hurt especially for me living in Ontario.  I have to listen to the arrogance about the Leafs and Habs all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Something, something ... division, conference, nonsense ... something, something ........

Unfortunately that's how the owner thinks, according to Vogl's source. Sad. Very old thinking. Is anyone surprised?