Sabres Covid List Cozens, Lazar and Risto off the list 2/16. Mittlestadt is the only remaining Sabre on the List

Brawndo

45 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

You must not read the scientific journals I guess.  There are serious long term consequences and the more time goes by the more they find.  If you choose to stay ignorant then that is your choice, but the statement you made is false by the myriad evidence showing issues even in a lot of people with no symptoms.  

Yep...assume its fine. Smart choice. Nothing to see here. SMFH.  The COVD related death toll in 5 years is going to be staggering.  Not sure how many "colds" have done that to people.

You’re just being an airhead and willfully ignoring what I’m saying. I’m not ignoring anything. Someone says the get cancer, I don’t say hey you’ll beat the cancer but have fun with all the chemo complications. That’s called being a jack-ass. I’m going to keep going on telling everyone I know that gets it that I’m sure they will be fine and get through without issues. My god, I can’t even believe I had to say this. 

Pop off your soapbox, the air is just fine down here. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You must not read the scientific journals I guess.  There are serious long term consequences and the more time goes by the more they find.  If you choose to stay ignorant then that is your choice, but the statement you made is false by the myriad evidence showing issues even in a lot of people with no symptoms.  

Yep...assume its fine. Smart choice. Nothing to see here. SMFH.  The COVD related death toll in 5 years is going to be staggering.  Not sure how many "colds" have done that to people.

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

You’re just being an airhead and willfully ignoring what I’m saying. I’m not ignoring anything. Someone says the get cancer, I don’t say hey you’ll beat the cancer but have fun with all the chemo complications. That’s called being a jack-ass. I’m going to keep going on telling everyone I know that gets it that I’m sure they will be fine and get through without issues. My god, I can’t even believe I had to say this. 

Pop off your soapbox, the air is just fine down here. 

Time to chill out a bit, please.

• Thanks (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, but still also all about luck, I know plenty of 55 - 60 yr old men that had it with no symptoms at all.

As a 61 year old I love reading things like this but it's still a scary thing and I basically avoid everybody I can. Hopefully Ralph will be ok. I'd be worried if I was Granato. His immune system could still be compromised and that's often a bigger issue than just age. 

I wonder how many players and how many teams before the league has to hit a total pause?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

If they canceled the season next week, I really don't think I would care....so sad

I would.  I'm still looking forward to watching each game.  I think they have a good shot at the playoffs and I expect them to play meaningful and exciting games fairly late into the season. 

Would I be stunned if that didn't happen?  Of course not.  But I'm far from giving up on the season.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I would.  I'm still looking forward to watching each game.  I think they have a good shot at the playoffs and I expect them to play meaningful and exciting games fairly late into the season. 

Would I be stunned if that didn't happen?  Of course not.  But I'm far from giving up on the season.

I think they’ll be lucky to get 4th. Washington, Philly, and Boston will be the top 3, and the Isles are better than they’ve been playing.

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Every time I see Bill Daly or the NHLPA state that they do not currently have evidence of cross-team transmission, I throw up in my mouth and wonder how the ***** they claim ignorance to the well-known hockey outbreak documented by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6941a4.htm

They know cross-team transmission exists and it's revolting that they willfully and obviously ignore its existence while simultaneously claiming to have experts guiding protocol.

I'm starting to believe this is a legal consideration (and potentially a financial consideration) for both the NHL and NHLPA and not only a health consideration.  They're not interested in acknowledging transmission during games.  Maybe they're worried government guidelines and regulations won't allow them to play games if they acknowledge that games can spread the virus?  Maybe they're worried players and staff who get infected could sue?  Maybe they're worried that fan support of a season could wane if games are acknowledged as unsafe?

The NHL needs to prevent infected players and players exposed to infected players from playing in games because games spread the virus.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Every time I see Bill Daly or the NHLPA state that they do not currently have evidence of cross-team transmission, I throw up in my mouth and wonder how the ***** they claim ignorance to the well-known hockey outbreak documented by the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6941a4.htm

They know cross-team transmission exists and it's revolting that they willfully and obviously ignore its existence while simultaneously claiming to have experts guiding protocol.

I'm starting to believe this is a legal consideration (and potentially a financial consideration) for both the NHL and NHLPA and not only a health consideration.  They're not interested in acknowledging transmission during games.  Maybe they're worried government guidelines and regulations won't allow them to play games if they acknowledge that games can spread the virus?  Maybe they're worried players and staff who get infected could sue?  Maybe they're worried that fan support of a season could wane if games are acknowledged as unsafe?

The NHL needs to prevent infected players and players exposed to infected players from playing in games because games spread the virus.

They are counting on member teams, their players, and management not to squawk so that they can get paid and aren't blackballed.

This really is an argument for the forfeiture rule to be applied to the Devils.  This outbreak was eminently predictable and completely inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 4

Reminds me of the leagues stance on concussions and how they’ve done everything they can to downplay hockeys role in the head injuries that have occurred to date. This covid thing is kind of like that. Distance the leagues culpability for financial reasons.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

As a 61 year old I love reading things like this but it's still a scary thing and I basically avoid everybody I can. Hopefully Ralph will be ok. I'd be worried if I was Granato. His immune system could still be compromised and that's often a bigger issue than just age. 

I wonder how many players and how many teams before the league has to hit a total pause?

It should be scary for any age -  I'm not interested in getting chronic lung or heart desease because of this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

If they canceled the season next week, I really don't think I would care....so sad

This is where I'm at.

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'm honestly unsure whence the optimism. But good for you for having hope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.