Sabres Covid List Cozens, Lazar and Risto off the list 2/16. Mittlestadt is the only remaining Sabre on the List

Brawndo

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

@Let's Go B-Lo

Yup. Same. If I'm in close contact with someone who experiences COVID symptoms, I get knocked out of work untill THEY(not me) can prove that they are negative. If they test positive, I must remain out of work for 14 days. They can go back to work the day that they receive their 2nd negative test (usually about 10 days.)

But if you hypothetically got Covid from them, wouldn’t it make sense that you would be out until a later date?  Since you contracted it after they did?

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I haven't been following this real close, is the NHL not revealing which players test positive, and which have may have come in contact with someone...instead lumping them both together under the "NHL Covid Protocol" umbrella?

Ya, I wish the league would be more clear and open on this stuff instead of all this cloak and dagger stuff. 

9 hours ago, Curt said:

But if you hypothetically got Covid from them, wouldn’t it make sense that you would be out until a later date?  Since you contracted it after they did?

Sure. But it all just seems like arbitrary numbers. What if my COVID showed up on the 14th day and I end up being asymptomatic. Now I'm back at work spreading it and no one has any idea. I don't have to get tested if I'm in close contact with a positive person. If I never experience symptoms I can return in 14 days. And even if I choose to get tested, I still can't return for 14 days no matter the outcome. 

3 hours ago, nucci said:

No updates or comments from our GM or owner?

Is it THAT important? I personally don’t think it is. What are they going to say to make the situation better? Nothing. what are they going to say to make a fan feel better? Nothing. what are they going to say to make the players feel better? Nothing. Is it really necessary to hear them speak and really say nothing of substance? Are the other teams GM’s and owners coming out and making public statements for their fans to consume? And is it really anything of substance and meaningful? If they have said anything I’m sure the fans afterwards are thinking… What was that all about? That was nothing.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Is it THAT important? I personally don’t think it is. What are they going to say to make the situation better? Nothing. what are they going to say to make a fan feel better? Nothing. what are they going to say to make the players feel better? Nothing. Is it really necessary to hear them speak and really say nothing of substance? Are the other teams GM’s and owners coming out and making public statements for their fans to consume? And is it really anything of substance and meaningful? If they have said anything I’m sure the fans afterwards are thinking… What was that all about? That was nothing.

I didn't say it was THAT important. I asked a simple question

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I didn't say it was THAT important. I asked a simple question

I understand that. I guess by asking the question… It’s sort of implies that you want the GM or owner to say some thing. Because up until you asking that question, I don’t think anyone else has asked that in quite some time. To me, It just made it sound like you want to hear from either one of them regarding this issue. No biggie. 👍🏼

32 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Amazing. It truly is. It’s going to be interesting to see how they’re going to pull this off with any semblance of fairness and timeliness.

They'll pull it off w/ roughly the same degree of fairness & timeliness the NFL showed heading into the Bills - Titans game.

Stinks.  But the Sabres have to deal w/ it.  

Trying to see a silver lining, came up w/ 2. 

1.  Provided Eichel's shoulder injury can improve simply w/ rest and not necessarily through surgery (not necessarily a given, but possible), we could see him back to form when they're finally allowed to play again.

2.  The Sabres will now have more games post-trade deadline which is when the price of a rental goalie is at its lowest.  Tougher road to get to that point, but there's a longer road to minimize Hutton's effects on outcomes.  (There is also the outside possibility, really grasping at staws here, that Hutton's poor play in his last outing was due to effects from his injury and he'll play like he did in Filly given the extra time off.  Doubt it, but refuse to be miserable about this whole thing until it's the only remaining option besides apathy.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I have a hypothesis that the team has been offered an all-star game in like 2026 or something to just keep quiet about the whole New Jersey situation.

There is no way the NHL allows an allstar game in our dump of a barn. I imagine we will be high on the list once we get a new one though. 

There is NFW that the NHL shuts this season down. 

The Canadian Division is a success story so far, with PLD being the only player in quarantine.

The ratings are very good in Canada and from a financial standpoint if the Cup Finals where only Canadian Teams, a Montreal vs Toronto would be a boon to the league’s bottom line 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.