Sabres Covid List Cozens, Lazar and Risto off the list 2/16. Mittlestadt is the only remaining Sabre on the List

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

lol the reports of the Sabres being furious. No ONE and I MEAN NO ONE in this entire organization has any emotions ever. They exude boring milquetoast like attitudes perpetually. 

I do not believe this to be true.

47 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Feels like they're reaching to get something to galvanize them other then pride and win at all costs.   

I do not feel this way.

• Like (+1) 1

The concern is long term effects or death. I just read an article about Tommy Sweeney of the Bills, he had complications from Covid that made him miss an entire season. His career could be in jeopardy.

Is it worth it to the players? Probably not.

• Like (+1) 1

Never ascribe to lack of character, collusion, or conspiracy that which you can ascribe incompetence.

The first time this aphorism was led me astray was when the upper levels of the BBC went all out to destroy Doctor Who in the 1980's.  Ask yourself if the Pegulas, the management, the players, etc. are Michael Grade et al.

Addendum: there are times where I wish you could understand what it was like to laugh uncontrollably in abject discomfiture at "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy" and SNL's famous "Get a life" sketch starting William Shatner.  Sometimes, this board reminds me of them.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan

19 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If Covid starts reaking havoc on the number of games a team has cancelled, I really think the NHL will have no choice but to go to point percentage instead of total points.  There just isn't a lot of wiggle room for a team to make up games short of them ending up with crazy 4 games in 5 night stints down the road. 

MLB went to 2 games on a single day to help make the math work! 

The NHL has some options here.  They could extend the season at least by a little.  They could add more games during the week.  They could add games at 3rd party locations if a building is occupied by an NBA team on a rescheduled day, and so on. 

Not sure they would go to 2-a-days, but they could if they had to.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

MLB went to 2 games on a single day to help make the math work! 

The NHL has some options here.  They could extend the season at least by a little.  They could add more games during the week.  They could add games at 3rd party locations if a building is occupied by an NBA team on a rescheduled day, and so on. 

Not sure they would go to 2-a-days, but they could if they had to.

The old 4 games in 5 nights and 6 games in 8 nights like we had before they changed the CBA, I should think.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Or, you know. F*** the Olympics. 

This is easier said than done.  It’s a TV contract issue.  The networks already have the Olympics on the schedule.  The NHL won’t have national networks to broadcast playoff games on if they delay the season.  They are going to make sure that their playoff games get full national coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You’d think with Buffalo being a prime US tv market for hockey , the NHL would stop screwing them over ???   

Why stop? We're all still going to watch. As a matter of fact, now we're going to watch AND complain about it. That's like, double the engagement.

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Games are postponed; Ralph Krueger tests positive
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.