COVID-19

Indabuff

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

I lost my dad December 27. I lost my 57 year old sister to cancer yesterday. They were both forces of nature and her Facebook page bears that out today. They were both always about “what’s next.”

We will weather this storm. I will weather this storm. ***** Covid. ***** cancer.

OK, now, what’s for dinner.

Sorry to hear that. It’s never a good time for any of those things, but it’s awful when someone goes during this event.

My father died about 10 days ago. Unlike your family, he was more of a mistake of nature. He got a big Bills send off though on TBD. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 8

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

+++++

I ventured into the big, bad city today to pick some groceries for us and our elderly neighbour.

So far, so good.  I will be heading home to the country soon.  Wish me luck ...

Other than necessities, stay the blazes home! LOL.

I’ve watched a few of your Premier’s news conferences. Looks like a decent leader.

39 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sorry to hear that. It’s never a good time for any of those things, but it’s awful when someone goes during this event.

My father died about 10 days ago. Unlike your family, he was more of a mistake of nature. He got a big Bills send off though on TBD. ?

Sorry for your loss, as well.

So far 2020 can go screw.

Just now, SwampD said:

Sorry for your loss, as well.

So far 2020 can go screw.

Even with my relatively minor situations, yes I agree.  2020 go to to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

You guys all have my condolences.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Weave said:

I’m pretty sure you missed what I was getting at, but that’s OK.  It’s probably not a subject for this thread anyway.

I deleted that comment after SDS quoted me and said that it had been labeled as an extremist site and went on to say that sources matter.

I couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Scott,

Very saddened for your loss.  Didn't see this until now.  

You have my condolences.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Sorry for your loss. Mine died 10 years ago this month.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

My father died about 10 days ago. Unlike your family, he was more of a mistake of nature. He got a big Bills send off though on TBD.

Ugh sorry.  This has been just such a bad time for you and Swamp.  Hang in there, guys.  I haven't lost a parent, but I have suffered loss as you are aware, and if you ever want to talk, just let me know.

Edited by Eleven

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Scott,

Very saddened for your loss.  Didn't see this until now.  

You have my condolences.

He was Kemp2Warlick on TBD. Completely messed up situation. 

I appreciate the thoughts. The tragedy is much more in the opportunity missed as opposed to what it was - which was literally nothing. It is what it is.

Thoughts should be directed to Swamp. 

Thanks to SIP and the volatility of the oil markets, gas prices have plummeted. I just saw $1.17 for gas in Franklin, OH. However, diesel is still high because of the big rigs. 2.39 cash/2.45 credit.*

*I don't know how the whole cash/credit thing works. I've always been a company driver, so I couldn't tell you what the difference is.

32 minutes ago, SDS said:

He was Kemp2Warlick on TBD. Completely messed up situation. 

I appreciate the thoughts. The tragedy is much more in the opportunity missed as opposed to what it was - which was literally nothing. It is what it is.

Thoughts should be directed to Swamp. 

10-4

59 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Wife used some older cammis to make me a COVID mask. Not sure how medically sound it is but the COVID won’t be able to see me.

Just don't let your guard down. Do everything you were doing before and realize the mask isn't going to help that much to prevent you from getting infected. It'll protect others more than you. But like they say, something is better than nothing.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Just don't let your guard down. Do everything you were doing before and realize the mask isn't going to help that much to prevent you from getting infected. It'll protect others more than you. But like they say, something is better than nothing.

I definitely keep my distance but still go in to check on everyone. Wife gets pissed I do it but it is what it is.

9 hours ago, SDS said:

bizpacreview? Labeled as an extremist site... No thank you. Sources matter. 

Not knowing anything about the site the very first question I have is who labeled them as an "extremist site"? There are numerous groups dedicated to labeling people and groups as "extremist" who are decidedly partisan and who define "extremist" as "groups and people we disagree with".

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Not knowing anything about the site the very first question I have is who labeled them as an "extremist site"? There are numerous groups dedicated to labeling people and groups as "extremist" who are decidedly partisan and who define "extremist" as "groups and people we disagree with".

I don't know what SDS uses, but I've used mediabiasfactcheck.com before. Here is their page on bizpacreview: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bizpac-review/

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

I don't know what SDS uses, but I've used mediabiasfactcheck.com before. Here is their page on bizpacreview: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bizpac-review/

Thanks. Now I can dig a little deeper into places like Epoch Times. They've been flooding the Net with some really slick ads, and I have become suspicious of them.

16 hours ago, French Collection said:

Other than necessities, stay the blazes home! LOL.

I’ve watched a few of your Premier’s news conferences. Looks like a decent leader.

That quote is so Nova Scotian.  It's great and it's getting play all over North America, art least.

I am not a big fan of our Premier and think he has done some very shady things over his term in office.  That said, I think he and our Chief Medical Officer have handled this crisis extremely well.