COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Dude is a complete asshat, although I hope he ends up alright

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Why is he an asshat? I don’t know anything about him. Or is it purely a political based opinion? Because, let’s not go there since all political parties have a generous share of asshats. ?

Regardless of his politics, it's fair to criticize his early response to the situation.  He has not been quite as cavalier (or in outright denial) as some other country leaders (USA, Brazil, Sweden), but he's probably in the top ten of country leaders who could and should have responded earlier and better than they did.  

He now is in ICU per Sky News.  EDIT:  Oops.  Derrick already said that.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Going through this ordeal with a young child sucks.  We have 5 kids next door to us that are outside all the time. My son would be there constantly.  Now he has to watch from the window as they all play, laugh and have fun.  The risks are too high especially with their mom being a Nurse at RGH.  She's contemplating going to NYC to help (I believe they are providing incentive).  I want to tell her for all her kids sake please don't but it's hard to turn away kindness.  

Good for you fighting the good fight there. I’d say most here just don’t get it. The adults have shut down but their kids are everywhere. It defeats the whole purpose of the adults staying in. And this is with there being at least two cases in the neighborhood so far. 

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why do people wear masks when they are alone in the car?

If you go shopping, say, your hands have touched however many things in the store so wouldn't you want to wash them first before touching your mask to take it off?

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why do people wear masks when they are alone in the car?

Probably for the same reason people wearing gloves touch their face after touching other stuff.

An awful lot don't actually understand the hows & whys of PPE.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Regardless of his politics, it's fair to criticize his early response to the situation.  He has not been quite as cavalier (or in outright denial) as some other country leaders (USA, Brazil, Sweden), but he's probably in the top ten of country leaders who could and should have responded earlier and better than they did.  

He now is in ICU per Sky News.  EDIT:  Oops.  Derrick already said that.

And he Combs his hair with a balloon.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

If you go shopping, say, your hands have touched however many things in the store so wouldn't you want to wash them first before touching your mask to take it off?

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Probably for the same reason people wearing gloves touch their face after touching other stuff.

An awful lot don't actually understand the hows & whys of PPE.

Both good answers.

This story certainly raises some interesting questions.

https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/news/u-s-emerging-as-common-denominator-in-worlds-struggle-to-secure-medical-gear/

The masks are made from materials produced in Canada, not that far up the road from me.

https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/business/nanaimos-harmac-mill-works-to-fill-doubled-pulp-order-for-medical-masks-and-gowns/

Edited by dudacek

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

These are both pretty old.  I knew of 3M's decision by yesterday morning.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are entering the steep upward swing here in NS ... average of 30 newly discovered cases each day.  Over 300 now and our first death in the province.

Stay strong, NS

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are entering the steep upward swing here in NS ... average of 30 newly discovered cases each day.  Over 300 now and our first death in the province.

Keep safe buddy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

Stay strong, NS

Thank you.  My wife and I are isolating as much as possible and only going out in our remote neighbourhood in the country ...

Below is our back yard view.  Yes.  That water is the Atlantic Ocean.  There are far worse places to be to ride out this thing.

IMG_20200407_1547403.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Co-worker of mine whose uncle was admitted for covid 3 days ago died of a heart attack today... Took them til yesterday to locate him because he switched hospitals.

On a bright note, just took a walk with my wife across the Cross River Reservoir dam... beautiful day.