COVID-19

Indabuff

17 hours ago, SDS said:

Sorry to hear that. It’s never a good time for any of those things, but it’s awful when someone goes during this event.

My father died about 10 days ago. Unlike your family, he was more of a mistake of nature. He got a big Bills send off though on TBD. ?

Sorry for you loss.

@SwampD and @SDS, my condolences to you and your families. May your memories and celebrations of them be joyful and heartening.

19 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Fever spiked back up again... not horrible but still sequestered for another 72 hours... where is Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte when you need them.

How are you feeling today, NB? Get well soon.

Nick Nolte is running around as an Ugnaught these days.

Doing ok fever got up to 101.2 took some tylenol now its around 99.6 so i feel a bit better still stuck

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

@SwampD and @SDS, my condolences to you and your families. May your memories and celebrations of them be joyful and heartening.

How are you feeling today, NB? Get well soon.

Nick Nolte is running around as an Ugnaught these days.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Or not

Hey now, spoilers...

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Doing ok fever got up to 101.2 took some tylenol now its around 99.6 so i feel a bit better still stuck

The seclusion, yeah, it's no fun. But keep on replenishing your midichlorians body and cells and kick that crap out of you. 

Watched Charlotte's Web with the kids last night.  They've never seen it and I figured it would be a miniscule way to honor the little warrior princess who basically got the ball rolling on CBD.  I've been able to maintain a pretty good demeanor through this ***** until I saw her life was taken by this piece of ***** virus.

• Like (+1) 2

fever spiked at midnite again took Tylenol, at 4am woke up sweating like a stuck pig, went back to sleep, at 7am and temp was 98.2 feel quite a bit better.  We will see as it is day 8 since symptoms onset.  So unpredictable it is so weird in that it comes and goes...

33 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

fever spiked at midnite again took Tylenol, at 4am woke up sweating like a stuck pig, went back to sleep, at 7am and temp was 98.2 feel quite a bit better.  We will see as it is day 8 since symptoms onset.  So unpredictable it is so weird in that it comes and goes...

Do you think it's Covid?

Here's an article about a potentially meaningful German study that seeks to nail down the fatality rate for those infected with the virus: https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preliminary-german-study-shows-a-covid-19-infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

What we really need to know is the infection fatality rate: the percentage of all the people infected who eventually die of the disease. That's what the German study attempts to do.

Over the last two weeks, German virologists tested nearly 80 percent of the population of Gangelt for antibodies that indicate whether they'd been infected by the coronavirus. Around 15 percent had been infected, allowing them to calculate a COVID-19 infection fatality rate of about 0.37 percent. The researchers also concluded that people who recover from the infection are immune to reinfection, at least for a while.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:10 AM, Crosschecking said:

Thanks. Now I can dig a little deeper into places like Epoch Times. They've been flooding the Net with some really slick ads, and I have become suspicious of them.

I'm sorry, you have only just now become suspicious of Epoch? I wouldn't trust Epoch if they told hello. Get better sources. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Treating like it is but really wont know till get tested  for antibodies

I think that'll be coming sooner than later. Hopefully you're in a good position to get tested, working in healthcare in NYC area.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm sorry, you have only just now become suspicious of Epoch? I wouldn't trust Epoch if they told hello. Get better sources. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Better late than never. I was never a serious user of their website to begin with. Having said that, I was sent a reminder on FB to watch a video from OANN. I unliked them immediately.

Furthermore, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've actually been visiting websites such as Right Wing Watch and The Friendly Atheist. Why? I need to know what they're saying. I don't have to agree with them. I just need to remember to keep my facts straight because they're watching.

More good news everyone. The players in the Edmonton Oilers organization have come together and allotted  $100,000 to the COVID19 crisis. It's nice to people coming together, regardless of economic background, and pitching in to help others! Bravo to them!

Edited by Theana745
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Theana745 said:

More good news everyone. The players in the Edmonton Oilers organization have come together and allotted  $100,000 to the COVID19 crisis. It's nice to people coming together, regardless of economic background, and pitching in to help others! Bravo to them!

Yay! Hopefully the fans can band together after this is all over and make these fellas whole!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Yay! Hopefully the fans can band together after this is all over and make these fellas whole!

Dammit Ethan Bear, why didn't you liquidate your ELC house purchase, while the economy is teetering on the edge of recession or worse, so that you can give more moneys to corona?!? Greedy douche! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dammit Ethan Bear, why didn't you liquidate your ELC house purchase, while the economy is teetering on the edge of recession or worse, so that you can give more moneys to corona?!? Greedy douche! 

I can't believe you would be that harsh. Those couple grand couldn't have been easy for Ethan to come up with. I truly believe it would be nice for the fans to chip in at some point and get him back on level financial footing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't believe you would be that harsh. Those couple grand couldn't have been easy for Ethan to come up with. I truly believe it would be nice for the fans to chip in at some point and get him back on level financial footing.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not ha ha. In fairness, how much money did everyone here donate? Smh at all the people on instagram and reddit. But I digress 

Edited by Theana745

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not ha ha. In fairness, how much money did everyone here donate? Smh at all the people on instagram and reddit. But I digress 

Careful ...  you’re leaving the comfort zone of “others should do this” for the discomfort zone of “I’m going to do this”.  CAREFUL, careful ...  this can be an OTHERS SHOULD topic!

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Careful ...  you’re leaving the comfort zone of “others should do this” for the discomfort zone of “I’m going to do this”.  CAREFUL, careful ...  this is can be an OTHERS SHOULD topic!

Only reason why I bring it up is because if people yell at others for donating, they'll never donate again.

I'm ashamed to say so far I've given only a fraction of what these generous young men have. I know I can't personally make up the difference and make them whole, which is why I proposed, some how, some way, paying these selfless kids back. Maybe in the fall...

• Haha (+1) 1