Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

This won't happen, they won't burn an ELC year

Casey transcends time.

He is "banged up" and isn't playing tonight.

He's uh.. err..hmmm... I'm not sure I have anything for that.  Damn.  Guess he's just an average college player who hasn't learned to pull himself up when he gets knocked around.

That guy is lucky that Casey Mittelstadt is a just and loving God. Casey could have lit him on fire and sent him to hell, made lightning crash upon his head, sent a plague to his house, made it rain frogs, or instantly stricken him with ass cancer or some sort of face aids. He chose to be kind and forgiving though. The rest of you non-believers on this board should take it as a warning. There are only a handful of us that are truly aware of his greatness. Abandon your false gods (every God but Casey), repent, and he will forgive you, save humanity, and deliver this franchise unlimited Stanley Cups (not cusps but actual Cups).

Edited by Drunkard

That's some quality high level trolling there

Has anyone taken a look at Casey's Wikipedia page? It reads like it was put together by someone with some serious Sabres bias:

"During the 2017 NHL combine, incoming University of Minnesota freshman Casey Mittelstadt could not perform a single pull-up. This has been described by cbs sports "Casey Mittelstadt, considered by most to be a top-three North American prospect in this year's NHL Draft, didn't do himself any favors over the weekend at the NHL combine." The pure lack of upper-body strength can be devastating to this players career."

That last line, in particular. The photo on the page is also the pull up photo:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Mittelstadt

• 2 weeks later...

Some quotes from that article

Regarding the pull-ups:

“Our strength coach noticed right away that his shoulder was a little out of alignment,” coach Don Lucia said. “He got him fixed with manipulation, and [Mittelstadt] was able to do a half-dozen [pull ups] right after that.”[/size]

On being second on the team in scoring (2G, 5A - 8 games) 

Obviously for my own expectations, I think it’s been somewhat of a slow start,” Mittelstadt said. “But we’re starting to really get going, especially as a team. And I think as we get better as a team, I’ll get better.”[/size]

On being more like Jack Eichel after a poor performance:

“We had to clean up [Mittelstadt’s] language coming back to the bench,” Lucia said. “We addressed that because we’ve got the little kids back there. So we told him, ‘We know you’re upset, but let’s at least try to keep it PG-13.’ ”[/size]

Regarding his hidden identity as a member of the Justice League:

Whenever the 6-foot, 201-pound Mittelstadt gets the puck, it looks like someone has hit the fast forward button on the game film, as he maneuvers with his lightning quick hands and feet.[/size]

Love reading stuff like this.. thanks for sharing.

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.