Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

If he's not playing an ahl year he needs 1 more year at college.

FWIW Kris Baker seems to think he's NHL bound next season likely.

https://twitter.com/sabresprospects/status/946399737619648513

https://twitter.com/sabresprospects/status/946400654280593408

Also doesn't think Rochester is likely.

https://twitter.com/sabresprospects/status/946410605791072256

Edited by Bjorn Borg

There's a physical element to his game that Eichel is beginning to utilize more that Casey will never have, but Casey's stickhandling is on another level from Eichel's. Both are superior playmakers, I think when Eichel is firing on all cylinders his shot gives him the edge over Casey, but who knows. Mittelstadt has been significantly more impressive at the WJC, for one. He seems to have more natural finish, too. Very soft hands in tight.

I'm getting pretty excited they are both going to be Sabres.

Now all we have to do is draft Brady Tkachuk and we'd have a line for the ages.

I disagree by the way on Casey never being physical.  He reminds me of Jack 2.0 and has the physical stature to add muscle and like Jack, learn to use his body more.  Minn has him listed at 6'  201lbs.  If he can get the 201 lbs into muscle, he'll be impossible to move off the puck.  He is hard to get the puck away from now.

Now all we have to do is draft Brady Tkachuk and we'd have a line for the ages.

I disagree by the way on Casey never being physical.  He reminds me of Jack 2.0 and has the physical stature to add muscle and like Jack, learn to use his body more.  Minn has him listed at 6'  201lbs.  If he can get the 201 lbs into muscle, he'll be impossible to move off the puck.  He is hard to get the puck away from now.

Him or Zadina if we can't get the two Swedish D.

Slot Nylander and Reinhart to our 3rd line :p

Edited by blåbär

Slot Nylander and Reinhart to our 3rd line :P

If we miss out on Dahlin it would be interesting to see what route Botts decides to take. With guhle hopefully being ready next year and if kane is traded and we get more D in return do we go after a forward??  Svechnikov, Tkachuk or Zadina??

Middlestadt does not have the speed or the shot that Eichel has.  They both have incredible hands and can put the puck on a teammates tape from seemingly anywhere be it forehand or backhand.

Middlestadt does better along the boards where as Eichel uses his reach to create open ice space.

Right now Team USA runs its power play through Middlestadt the same as the Sabres running it through Eichel.

They are both players who drive puck possession and they do it in different ways which is what makes me very excited.  It's quite possible those two will never see a line together as they can both make every one of their linemates better.

I think you underestimate Middlestadt’s speed, he show it in quck bursts and occassionally flies up the wall. He skates different than Jack, not as powerful but better quickness and turning radius. But have great sticks and Jack has a tremendous shot while Casey’s shot very accurate and is a helluv a dangler.

Slot Nylander and Reinhart to our 3rd line :P

You laugh, but having them as a 3rd line would be very lethal.  Maybe with Asplund as the center.  (centre for our Canadian friends).  

Tkachuk Jack Mittelstud

Bailey ROR Okposo

Nylander Asplund Reinhart

I could live with that top 9

You laugh, but having them as a 3rd line would be very lethal.  Maybe with Asplund as the center.  (centre for our Canadian friends).  

Tkachuk Jack Mittelstud

Bailey ROR Okposo

Only issue is that Casey and Tkachuk are both LW.

With the way Jack has been playing since Samson was moved to his RW, why not keep them together?

Allows Mittelstadt to play Center. Both Eichel and Mittelstadt need the puck on their stick.

If Sabres remain 2nd last (but don't land Dahlin)

Tkachuk/svechnikov/zadina. Eichel Reinhart

Nylander. Mittelstadt. Okposo

CJ smith. ROR. Bailey

Girgensons. Asplund. Baptiste

Hopefully they get a NHL ready prospect for Kane to fit n there somewhere. Wouldn't mind seeing Asplund in the Ahl for a year

Maybe I'll dare to dream that they trade Kane but are able to resign him?

Tkachuk Jack Mittelstud

Bailey ROR Okposo

No way Bailey is in our top 6 again for any appreciable length of time.  He's another AAA guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.