Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

From Corey Pronman

Weekly prospect update from Athletic

Casey Mittelstadt, C, Buffalo: Mittelstadt was very good in the weekend series for Minnesota versus Penn State even if his play didn’t result in a ton of goals. His skill level is fantastic for a player who will have a pro frame with time and couple that with a good skating stride you have a true elite prospect. He’s in the argument for the top player outside the NHL

Edited by BRAWNDO

From Corey Pronman

Weekly prospect update from Athletic

Casey Mittelstadt, C, Buffalo: Mittelstadt was very good in the weekend series for Minnesota versus Penn State even if his play didn’t result in a ton of goals. His skill level is fantastic for a player who will have a pro frame with time and couple that with a good skating stride you have a true elite prospect. He’s in the argument for the top player outside the NHL

Whoa friggin Nelly ! I'm liking the sound of that.

https://theathletic.com/133014/2017/10/20/casey-mittelstadt-minnesota-golden-gophers-mens-college-hockey/

For those that have The Athletic here is a great article about Casey.

Highlights he is up to 8 or 9 pull ups.

Per his Asst Coach he is on track to play in the NHL at the end of this year.

Sabres have had scouts at 3 of his 4 games played

It moved.  :w00t:

Can you imagine it:  Sabres on the bubble with a dozen games to go.  Mittelstadt signs and joins the team, finds instant chemistry as 3C and Pouliot and Griffith each score 5 goals down the stretch while he nets 8 and the Sabres roar into the playoffs!

He becomes the first player to win the Hobey Baker and the Conn Smythe in the same year!

It moved. :w00t:

Can you imagine it: Sabres on the bubble with a dozen games to go. Mittelstadt signs and joins the team, finds instant chemistry as 3C and Pouliot and Griffith each score 5 goals down the stretch while he nets 8 and the Sabres roar into the playoffs!

He becomes the first player to win the Hobey Baker and the Conn Smythe in the same year!

This won't happen, they won't burn an ELC year

https://theathletic.com/133014/2017/10/20/casey-mittelstadt-minnesota-golden-gophers-mens-college-hockey/

For those that have The Athletic here is a great article about Casey.

Highlights he is up to 8 or 9 pull ups.

Acceptable.

With Casey, as with a lot of college guys, they are going to have to burn an ELC year.

I don't expect this kid to be easy to sign. I think he has a burning ambition to win with the Gophers first.

Yeah, the Frozen Four is in Minnesota, I would think he would be pumped to be a part of that.

I dunno man. They might. 

If we are a legit playoff team by then and looking good, sure they might. Sam Bennett comes to mind. But I think we will be a bubble team and Casey will have a long season playing late into the year. He may get signed but he won't play 9 games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.