Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

What separates Mittlestadt from lots of other skilled players is his relentlessness on the puck. He plays a complete 200 foot game, which at his age and talent level is a rarity. I see more Datsyuk and Forsberg in him than anything else.

I think you underestimate Middlestadt’s speed, he show it in quck bursts and occassionally flies up the wall. He skates different than Jack, not as powerful but better quickness and turning radius. But have great sticks and Jack has a tremendous shot while Casey’s shot very accurate and is a helluv a dangler.

No, I given him full marks for being quick and agile, but he's nowhere near the top end speed that Eichel is and he certainly does not accelerate like Eichel (very few players do).  Casey can stick handle in a phone booth, there's no doubt about that.  Eichel cannot, but he can also keep pucks further from players than Middlestadt.

If Middlestadt can come to the NHL and do what he's doing right now we will be pretty happy fans.  I just hope there isn't TOO much put on him.  Even McDavid isn't making Edmonton a playoff team this year.

What separates Mittlestadt from lots of other skilled players is his relentlessness on the puck. He plays a complete 200 foot game, which at his age and talent level is a rarity. I see more Datsyuk and Forsberg in him than anything else.

Absolutely.  He said it in an interview and you see it on the ice.  He hates losing the puck and he's damn determined to get it back.  He is relentless and that's just an awesome thing to see.

Yeah, I was at the three USA games to date and he is their best player.

Dogged puck pursuit and once he gets it he is shifty and a great stick handler. He made some beautiful passes to set up some scoring chances. In the outdoor game I felt like he would make a difference every shift and he seemed to be out there every second shift.

Very impressive for this level. Now if he continues to work out and manage a pull up.....

Insight!

O'Reilly - Eichel - Nylander

2018 1st - Mittelstadt - Pu

Smith - Asplund - Okposo

Maybe in a few years..

Reinhart can replace Pu or Okposo if he finds a way to get it together, and isn't moved in a trade.

Really don't know what the fascination of some is by putting O'Reilly on the wing.  

Really don't know what the fascination of some is by putting O'Reilly on the wing.

For me, it's that he had his best statistical season at wing. Centers can play wing. He would provide a nice defensive element on that line, I believe.

And if Eichel, Mittelstadt, O'Reilly and Asplund are all here, I'm thinking one is playing wing, why not O'Reilly. I'd want our two offensive stud centres in their natural position if possible.

Absolutely.  He said it in an interview and you see it on the ice.  He hates losing the puck and he's damn determined to get it back.  He is relentless and that's just an awesome thing to see.

That is the one quality Jack is missing.  If he had that dogged pursuit of the puck, he'd be better than McDavid.

I hope this kid reaches his ceiling.  We really need that one two center punch.

If there are two better centers than him on the roster, it makes sense.  He has had success on the wing.

stock up on D to learn from the previous errors by GMTM??

We need talent top to bottom. The one thing I will say, lately there's been good defenders found in round 2. Good forwards less so. Either way, take the most talented player.

yeah if we go for a forward he would be a good choice but if we win the lottery do we pass up on dahlin??

If guhle is ready and we pick up a dman in a deal for Kane do we go for a forward??

No, Dhalin is the #1 pick. Considering we've barely had a defender score, you draft Dhalin.

I think I'd rather Brady Tkachuk at this point.

You are the 2017 version of "I'd rather have Eichel than McDavid because of size." Luckily for you, tomorrow is 2018, so you still have time to come to your senses :p

Everyone seems to forget that Murray had to go for forwards because there were none left.

Right. Murray's key mistake wasn't going too many forwards, but rather, picking the wrong forwards (Nylander TBD still).

Woah, i.'ll guess you haven't seen Dahlin play to this point?

If you want to start talking about Tkachuk at #2, I'll listen but I don't care how Guhle looks to be, there is no way you pass up Dahlin at #1. He is the McDavid of defensemen.

You are the 2017 version of "I'd rather have Eichel than McDavid because of size." Luckily for you, tomorrow is 2018, so you still have time to come to your senses :P

I have NOT seen a lot of Dahlin and of course I trust that he is the better pick.

I just love me some Brady next to Casey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.