Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

looks like sometimes the best trades are the one you don't make, as in Turris for Duchene. I still cannot figure out how Murray has kept his job inOttawa. he has made some real bad moves. Nashvlle must still be laughing...

Um.... Murray passed away well before this trade occurred. So don't sully a dead man with the idiocy of his successor. 

Derek Grant just potted his 6th of the year tonight. More than Reinhart and Okposo. Stew on that for awhile. 

I should add that Anaheim is 22nd in the league in goals scored, so a far more powerful offensive team than the Sabres. 

Seriously though, this is like Schaller, Ruhwedel, and Byron...guys who can't cut it whatsoever in Buffalo become useful players elsewhere. I mean, good for them of course but when does that happen in reverse? Off the top of my head I can't recall anyone in recent years. Maybe Justin Falk could be there if he stayed in the Top 6 but he can't even do that on the worst blueline in the NHL so maybe not. 

edit: Thought of one - Nilsson last year, but only for the 1 year. (He's doing well this year too...)

Edited by Sakman

I should add that Anaheim is 22nd in the league in goals scored, so a far more powerful offensive team than the Sabres. 

Seriously though, this is like Schaller, Ruhwedel, and Byron...guys who can't cut it whatsoever in Buffalo become useful players elsewhere. I mean, good for them of course but when does that happen in reverse? Off the top of my head I can't recall anyone in recent years. Maybe Justin Falk could be there if he stayed in the Top 6 but he can't even do that on the worst blueline in the NHL so maybe not. 

You are correct sir. Add Kulikov to the list. ...Scott Wilson has a chance to succeed...if he partners with Rodrigues.

You are correct sir. Add Kulikov to the list. ...Scott Wilson has a chance to succeed...if he partners with Rodrigues.

Kuli is a write-off.  He became damaged goods when he was injured in the preseason game and was never right after that.  It took the offseason for him to recover.  But what if we kept him and he didn't recover?  It's just one of those things.  Without the injury there's no telling how well he would have played in a Sabres uniform.

edit: Thought of one - Nilsson last year, but only for the 1 year. (He's doing well this year too...)

Part of it is patience, but more of it is being used in a way, and with other players, that maximizes your chances to succeed.

That said, Derek Grant with six goals before Christmas seems about as likely as Qwk and Freeman holding hands at a presidential campaign rally.

Couldn't believe he was only 49.  It feels like so much longer ago that he played.  Guess it wasn't that long ago...

He has one of the best names ever for hockey.  

He had one of the best names ever for anything.

And yeah it seems like he should have been 59 (which still is too young).

That play is causing a lot of controversy.  From my view, he stopped his forward momentum and at that point his chance at scoring should have ended.  I am surprised it was counted.  I am sure they will update a ruling to keep that from happening in the future.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.