Seriously, where the can I get advanced stats now? I can't find anywhere 

@Buccigross

Worst Team Save %
Montreal Canadiens  .886
Arizona Coyotes         .886
Buffalo Sabres            .890
Pittsburgh Penguins  .892
Edmonton Oilers         .892

Seriously, where the ###### can I get advanced stats now? I can't find anywhere 

Natural Stat Trick?

Corsica is also back online.

Maybe I saw this here... maybe somewhere else.

A reason to like Hitch.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stars-coach-ken-hitchcock-revealing-injuries-lets-stop-dance/

Yeah good for the fans but disagree with him, opposing teams will take advantage of injuries.   Certainly come play off time.

The understated benefits of Jaromir Jagr.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-jagr-teaching-gaudreau-think-like-superstar/

I think Jagr would have been fantastic for Buffalo.

Also... Torts on forward line creation..

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-forward-lines-bunch-bs/

Always good for a chuckle.

Edited by LTS

Not sure if anyone has takled aobut this but here is alink to the Ducks' Perry taking a butt end to the chin from Jets' Chiarot...

Jets' fans have started a fund me to pay the fine...I think over 2800.00 has been paid for already!

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/jets-fan-raising-funds-for-winnipeg-charity-in-ben-chiarot-s-name-1.3694638

Edited by Ducky

Not sure if anyone has takled aobut this but here is alink to the Ducks' Perry taking a butt end to the chin from Jets' Chiarot...

Jets' fans have started a fund me to pay the fine...I think over 2800.00 has been paid for already!

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/jets-fan-raising-funds-for-winnipeg-charity-in-ben-chiarot-s-name-1.3694638

This and what Gudas did is crap from the bad old days. I don't want to see it return to the game. Chiarot should get 10 games as well.

What is wrong with Winnipeg people? Is the Peg the Philly of Canada?

Edit: The money being raised is going to a charity. Also, there was no suspension for Chiarot, only a 3,000 dollar fine. That'll teach 'im.

Edited by PASabreFan

so now that Price has returned the Habs are suddenly great again! kinda shows that to win in the NHL now you have to have not even good but GREAT goaltending. If one is to check out the winners on most nights I think you'll find that they got great goaltending from somebody making often 30 to 40 saves. I have to admit while I kinda like Lehner I do think that he'll never be great...good sure, which may win us some games here and there but good just isn;'t good enough.Of course the team needs improvement in every area but goaltending may become our biggest weakness...

so now that Price has returned the Habs are suddenly great again! kinda shows that to win in the NHL now you have to have not even good but GREAT goaltending. If one is to check out the winners on most nights I think you'll find that they got great goaltending from somebody making often 30 to 40 saves. I have to admit while I kinda like Lehner I do think that he'll never be great...good sure, which may win us some games here and there but good just isn;'t good enough.Of course the team needs improvement in every area but goaltending may become our biggest weakness...

Probably more accurate to say you either need great GT *or* a great offence. The Sabres have neither, and I just don't see Lehner making the leap.

Great goaltendering can equalize or even compensate for moderate to severe Defense struggles and potentially offensive struggles...

But bad D can also make a good to great goaltender look really bad.

If you can play more loose because you know the freak in the mask behind you will bail you out then it can be a huge boost to creativity and risk taking.  If however you feel he's nothing more than a guy wearing a colander over his face then you're apt to play way more conservatively.

It's all in the ebb and flow.

Oiler's issues sound familiar?

“He’s been working the phones like crazy,” indicated hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli during a Tuesday evening appearance on Montreal’s TSN 690. “I talked to a GM today who said no one is busier and as active as Peter Chiarelli.

“The thing is, he’s not one trade away from fixing this. I think the answer is much, much more within the room than anything else. But it certainly would help to upgrade their blueline, which is I think an area where he’s looking at.

“But they’ve got to get more saves from Cam Talbot. They’ve got to be quicker with the puck. They look so slow some nights. They need the leadership group to really be strong. They can’t leave everything just to Connor McDavid. That’s too much.

“So there’s lots of things. I could go on and on.”

“There’s no question. I think Peter Chiarelli wants to try to make a move,” noted McKenzie. “I’m not sure it’s the seismic blockbuster that people would anticipate or want to see for a team that’s struggling as much as the Edmonton Oilers are. I think he wants to try to create a spark, move one piece for another piece and see if that lights a fire under some support players.

“But I think what they really think in Edmonton – Chiarelli did a news conference today, and he’s obviously under the gun. What he didn’t say, but what I could imagine him wanting to say – and it’s just me projecting this for him – would be, ‘Hey listen. If Cam Talbot and Oscar Klefbom and Adam Larsson don’t play a lot closer to the way they played last year versus how poorly they’ve played this year… we could make 10 trades and it’s not going to make a difference if the guys who we’re counting on to be core players… the No. 1 goaltender who had Vezina numbers last year, although he didn’t win the Vezina, and a top-pairing defense that was lights-out good especially in the playoffs – if those guys don’t play better…’

“You’re at the mercy of your best players, and when they’re not going they’re not going.”

McKenzie added:

“How much better would they be instantly if those three guys all played 25 percent better than they’ve been playing. Never mind Draisaitl, who’s got two or three more gears to see. Even McDavid, and he’s been fine, but he can be so much better. And then you’ve got to count on some of the guys you bet on – Caggiula and Slepyshev and Puljujarvi. And if you’ve got be patient, I guess you’ve got to be patient.

“But it’s easier to be patient with those guys – you can’t be patient with the big boys because they’ve got to lead the way for you.”

Part of McKenzie’s radio hit on TSN 1050 included a discussion on defenseman Ian Cole of the Pittsburgh Penguins, who is seemingly available for trade.

“Edmonton has got interest in Ian Cole,” asserted McKenzie. “And right away, the fans in Pittsburgh, they start dreaming in Technicolor. ‘Okay, great. You guys get Cole, we get Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.’

“No. that’s not happening. That’s not happening.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/insiders-oilers-gm-chiarelli-trying-to-make-trade/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.