Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Yesterday evening I saw a retweet of an interview with Daniel Briere. It was a French language article so I couldn’t read it. An English tease for the article said Therrien told Briere that noone on the team wants to play on his shifts. Did anyone else see this? Is there an English language version? Dos anyone have context?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Yesterday evening I saw a retweet of an interview with Daniel Briere. It was a French language article so I couldn’t read it. An English tease for the article said Therrien told Briere that noone on the team wants to play on his shifts. Did anyone else see this? Is there an English language version? Dos anyone have context?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Huh? Nobody wanted to play with Briere when he played in Montreal?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Can you send the link to the French article?

Can you send the link to the French article?

I think this is it, maybe?

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1069787/daniel-briere-michel-therrien-autobiographie-tensions

English version ...

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1069787/daniel-briere-michel-therrien-autobiographie-tensions

+++++

The English translation did not hold in the link.

If you open the French article and then hold your cursor somewhere on it and right click there should be an option to translate the article to English ... this works if you are using Chrome as your browser.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Here's the short version.

Briere's book is called Mister Playoffs.

He has a chapter on his season in Montreal. He and Therrien did not get along, Therrien actually went out of his to do some mean things to Danny. He did tell him that no one wants to play with him. Danny wanted to be a leader but Therrien tossed him aside.

In one instance, Briere had taken a penalty in a 6-2 win vs the Wild. The next day's video session showed all of his teammates blocking shots during the selfish penalty. Danny said this was embarrassing and hurtful.

The team was struggling with shootouts and Briere offered to help, saying he much success in Philadelphia in over 50 shootout attempts. The next day's practice had every player except Danny and George Parros taking shootout practice.

Pacioretty said Danny had not voiced his issues and had shown a lot of leadership during his season. Says he learned a lot from Briere.

Marc Bergevin said he respects Danny and goes out of his way chat with him.

David Desharnais slams Therrien as well, saying that the negative feedback from previous games was brought up 2 hours prior to the next game, putting guys in a bad frame of mind.

Michel Therrien had no comments on the book.

It's almost as if trading Taylor Hall for a low end #4 defender, cap-dumping Eberle a year before they had to, and attaching a Lucic-sized boat anchor to McDavid, were all bad ideas. Shocking, that.

It's almost as if trading Taylor Hall for a low end #4 defender, cap-dumping Eberle a year before they had to, and attaching a Lucic-sized boat anchor to McDavid, were all bad ideas. Shocking, that.

I got a lot of crap from my buddies last year for trashing that Hall - Larsson trade and the Lucic signing. 

"But look at how nasty they are! They're definitely winning the Cup next year"

Edmonton's misery is one of the handful of reasons I'm still interested in this season

You have to think that the Sabres should have been involved in some kind of talks for that.  The Ducks were desperate to shore up their forward depth with so many injuries.

Seems like a great deal for the Devils.

We'd bandied it about before here and I think I was right when I said they weren't looking for a winger. They want and NHL ready center who can play west coast hockey and Henrique fits that bill. Even if we were in the convo, NJ beats us with the more appealing player. Blandisi isn't a bad prospect either. 

We'd bandied it about before here and I think I was right when I said they weren't looking for a winger. They want and NHL ready center who can play west coast hockey and Henrique fits that bill. Even if we were in the convo, NJ beats us with the more appealing player. Blandisi isn't a bad prospect either. 

I agree.  Kane had a fit but they definitely were looking for a C.  Reinhart is the only player the Sabres had that would fit that bill for the Ducks and I think Henrique is a better buy there.  The only question would be if Kane/Reinhart and perhaps one more player could have secured Vatanen.

Interesting with Ullmark being called up to practice.  The Pens just lost Murray and they need all the goaltending help they can get.  Perhaps there are talks about getting Kane to PIttsburgh and sending Johnson with him?  If there's a prospect pool that Botterill knows it's going to be the Pens.  I'm sure he'd take Cole back too. It doesn't help the D situation unless the Pens have a top D prospect somewhere.  I don't know if they do.

I agree.  Kane had a fit but they definitely were looking for a C.  Reinhart is the only player the Sabres had that would fit that bill for the Ducks and I think Henrique is a better buy there.  The only question would be if Kane/Reinhart and perhaps one more player could have secured Vatanen.

Interesting with Ullmark being called up to practice.  The Pens just lost Murray and they need all the goaltending help they can get.  Perhaps there are talks about getting Kane to PIttsburgh and sending Johnson with him?  If there's a prospect pool that Botterill knows it's going to be the Pens.  I'm sure he'd take Cole back too. It doesn't help the D situation unless the Pens have a top D prospect somewhere.  I don't know if they do.

I can't see Botterill dragging Ullmark away from the Amerks though. It doesn't fit his supposed method. 

I could still see Anaheim taking Kane. You can never have too much scoring. We'd only be getting prospects back, but that's okay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.