Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

This only makes me like Eichel more :lol:

yes.

Eichel is amazing

yes.

Also from that article by Jack. Its referring to Columbus, but...

“I like playing teams that want to play hockey, teams that sit back and trap, those are the more boring games, so I enjoy it when a team wants to get up and go and doesn’t sit back, they come at you and it allows you to go after them.”

Edited by sabills

Sorry I agree with Bylsma on this one.

Eichel needs to pick his spots better.

Jack basically brushing off his turnover doesn't speak well for his maturity as a professional.

It's a hockey game. Even Bylsma has said Jack isn't playing the right way if he doesn't have five turnovers a game. There might be 100 turnovers in a typical game. Who cares. Don't allow the goal.

Sorry I agree with Bylsma on this one.

Eichel needs to pick his spots better.

Jack basically brushing off his turnover doesn't speak well for his maturity as a professional.

Which Dreary Dan do you agreed with? The one who said Jack should be turning it over 5 times a game? Or the stick in the mud who benched his 20 year-old emerging superstar for trying to make a play?

Eichel needs to pick his spots better, sure. And learn to grind things out. Play the game the right way. Finish his checks. Blah dee feckin blah dee blah. 

The kid's a phenom. Insist that he play a responsible game, sure - but, please God, don't turn him into a disciple of the Church of Dreary Dan and Good Spot Picking.

Edited by That Aud Smell

It's a hockey game. Even Bylsma has said Jack isn't playing the right way if he doesn't have five turnovers a game. There might be 100 turnovers in a typical game. Who cares. Don't allow the goal.

Turnovers are fine, as long as you're not doing it near your own blueline.   There's a time to dangle and that wasn't it.     There were 3 guys near him at his own blueline.... that means 1) somebody else is wide open, and 2) you're 10ft within your blueline, there can't be a turnover there, that's basic hockey you learn at a young age.     He tried to slide the puck through a guy and lost it.   I don't care how hard he back-checked, it was too late.   Make that move in the o-zone or near the other team's blue line is fine... that's the message Bylsma is trying to send and Jack just seems to think he's good enough to that he doesn't need to consider where he is on the ice.    He'll learn, hopefully.

Turnovers are fine, as long as you're not doing it near your own blueline.   There's a time to dangle and that wasn't it.     There were 3 guys near him at his own blueline.... that means 1) somebody else is wide ###### open, and 2) you're 10ft within your blueline, there can't be a turnover there, that's basic hockey you learn at a young age.     He tried to slide the puck through a guy and lost it.   I don't care how hard he back-checked, it was too late.   Make that move in the o-zone or near the other team's blue line is fine... that's the message Bylsma is trying to send and Jack just seems to think he's good enough to that he doesn't need to consider where he is on the ice.    He'll learn, hopefully.

Will a benching learn him? Is he 8? The red light on behind Racicot is all Jack needed to see. To bench a player for a mistake is to suggest that the only thing that gets to him is lost ice time, that he's selfish.

Will a benching learn him? Is he 8? The red light on behind Racicot is all Jack needed to see. To bench a player for a mistake is to suggest that the only thing that gets to him is lost ice time, that he's selfish.

Heard some interesting comments from Ray during his game night interview with WGR. He seemed to think Bylsma benching Jack and giving him crap about it was stupid. He also intimated that he thinks both guys are bullheaded and that these public clashes are just "brotherly" sniping and that it doesn't mean much. That last comment came after the WGR guys asked Ray if he thought there was a rift developing, and it seemed like Ray wasn't quite expecting it and didn't want to say what he really thought.

He was also gushing about Torts like nothing I've ever heard. I think Ray really doesn't like Bylsma at all.

Eichel is still an immature professional.   That said, benching him for a shift isn't just meant to influence his own play, it sends a message to the team that it doesn't matter who you are..... you're going to held accountable.

That said, IMO he should've benched Ennis, Foligno (twice), Gionta and Girgensons for long stretches.   I don't know if he did or not. 

Why are we still beating this horse on DD.  What are the chances that he isn't the coach to start next season?  5%, less?

1 win in the last 8. What if we finish the year something like 4-11? I'm not saying I bet it, but it's not crazy to think we could end up with fewer points than last season. In the event that comes to pass, I'd say there's a real chance he's canned.

I miss the good old days when the coaches let the players play.

Punch never, ever, asked Gilbert, Rick or Rene to even think about playing defence.  All he told them is go out there and score.

Jack needs to be Jack, Sam needs to be Sam, Evander needs ...

We need better players defensively ... both Dmen and the defence first forwards.  

This team's biggest problem is the bottom 6 forwards (maybe even 7) and the bottom 4 (maybe even 5) dmen.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I still don't think our defense is as bad as they play. They are just asked to play a hybrid zone/man scheme that forces them to leave their zone responsibilities and cover forwards high in the d-zone. If you watch closes you'll also see our D chasing forwards behind our own net. 

It was a failure in Pittsburgh, and is a disaster here with slower  skater on the 2nd and 3rd pairing than what Dan had in Pitt.

If this season had some top level draft picks coming in I would say we got something out of Dan, but as it is we just threw a season out the window.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Why are we still beating this horse on DD.  What are the chances that he isn't the coach to start next season?  5%, less?

What's better talking about it if even just to vent or abandon all hope yee who enter here and stop watching because of "Bylsma soul sucking hockey"?

I forget who coined that phrase BSSH, but boy it does describe it.

God I hope your wrong.

I still don't think our defense is as bad as they play. They are just asked to play a hybrid zone/man scheme that forces them to leave their zone responsibilities and cover forwards high in the d-zone. If you watch closes you'll also see our D chasing forwards behind our own net. 

It was a failure in Pittsburgh, and is a disaster here with slower  skater on the 2nd and 3rd pairing than what Dan had in Pitt.

If this season had some top level draft picks coming in I would say we got something out of Dan, but as it is we just through a season out the window.

Hopefully GMTM realizes we've thrown the season despite what he says publicly about his coach by endorsing him. Perhaps he just didn't want to pull the rug out from under him in season thinking we still had a chance to sneak in. Well that time has passed.

Hopefully GMTM realizes we've thrown the season despite what he says publicly about his coach by endorsing him. Perhaps he just didn't want to pull the rug out from under him in season thinking we still had a chance to sneak in. Well that time has passed.

I'll bet he just doesn't have option *B*.

I'll bet there is a coach he really wants but is under contract till May/June. So, no reason to go all *Bills* coaching carousel mid season and have to have the Pegulas make a public statement. Cause, you know, their PR department is so good that would never result in a disaster.

If he somewhat uses fancy stats the team must have a *bio* on Dan. Love to see that.

Edited by Woods-Racer