Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

@BillHoppeNHL  54m54 minutes ago
 I had a word wrong in my Evander Kane tweet: "We STOPPED trying to score goals. The way you score goals is you stay aggressive." #Sabres

I honestly don't know how much more evidence anyone needs on why Byslma needs to be fired

@WGR550  6m6 minutes ago
 #Sabres not on the ice today, but held long meetings. @pham1717 joins the guys next to discuss the latest from Key Bank Center!

How about Chad Ruhwedel?

Is he not a poster child of a average/decent player getting a chance with a good coach and having a good go of it after being Dan'd?

Rudy is just not good. He possess no ability to defend in his own end.

4.  I know it is not popular around here, but I don't think he's a full time center either.  I keep comparing him to Patrick Sharp, and I think that's about right.  A winger who is as much a playmaker as a scorer who can fill in at center situationally.  And until we have enough top 6 wingers there aren't going to be many situations where it makes sense to have him center the 3rd line.  Too valuable in a top 6 wing role.  Which leads us too....

7.  Not sure which thread it was, but the post that ranked our prospect pool disagrees with your assessment of Baliey IMO.  The league scouting consensus seems to be he isn't a top 5 prospect for us.  Where was he?  7, 8? something like that?  Given 2 years of pro development, that tells me his long term future is not in the top 6.  OK, he's better than a 4th line role, but I think 3rd is about where he belongs when fully developed.

But I don't agree that Reinhart is as much a playmaker as a scorer. He is much more a playmaker. He's at his best when distributing, and as such is best utilized at centre. He doesn't really play the game like Sharp does.

@BillHoppeNHL 54m54 minutes ago

I had a word wrong in my Evander Kane tweet: "We STOPPED trying to score goals. The way you score goals is you stay aggressive." #Sabres

I honestly don't know how much more evidence anyone needs on why Byslma needs to be fired

@WGR550 6m6 minutes ago

#Sabres not on the ice today, but held long meetings. @pham1717 joins the guys next to discuss the latest from Key Bank Center!

We're like, one large seafaring vessel away from this becoming a textbook mutiny.

This will come down to the end of the year player interviews. If Jack, Sam and ROR mention they do not like playing for Dan, I believe he is gone.

Murray has stuck up for DD, but I believe this maybe a front. He doesn't want to give the preception to other potential coaching candidates that he lets the players run the team.

Elliott Friedman mentioned there was another team, not with a temporary HC, in negotiations with Claude Julien for his services before the Habs hired him. It wouldn't surprise me if that team was Buffalo.

Harrington was on a podcast where he mentioned the Pittsburgh Beat Writers were seeing the same DD tendencies in the Sabres Play. Also he mentioned if Crosby really liked playing for DD, he would still be coaching Pittsburgh.

All this adds up to Bylsma being dismissed at the end of the year.

This will come down to the end of the year player interviews. If Jack, Sam and ROR mention they do not like playing for Dan, I believe he is gone.

Murray has stuck up for DD, but I believe this maybe a front. He doesn't want to give the preception to other potential coaching candidates that he lets the players run the team.

Elliott Friedman mentioned there was another team, not with a temporary HC, in negotiations with Claude Julien for his services before the Habs hired him. It wouldn't surprise me if that team was Buffalo.

Harrington was on a podcast where he mentioned the Pittsburgh Beat Writers were seeing the same DD tendencies in the Sabres Play. Also he mentioned if Crosby really liked playing for DD, he would still be coaching Pittsburgh.

You give me hope where all was lost. I salute you, sir.

It feels like it's so obvious.....but who knows....

Quit teasing me God dammit

I'm losing confidence in this guys each game. The constant line juggling. The backing into a defensive shell when playing with the lead. And one thing that always bothers me, watch how many times a Sabre will gain possession of the puck on a line rush and his line mates head to the bench on a line change, blowing the chance of some decent shots. I don't expect you to believe it because I say it, just watch for yourself. I can't figure this guy out.

Long meetings yesterday, followed by laying an absolute egg today including Eichel getting benched in the 1st period. Exactly how bad does this have to get?

I don't know but I hope it gets there before the end of this season

Eichel gets benched in the midst of a 3 point game and an 11 game point streak.  Meanwhile, they allow 6 tonight, have coughed up leads in 4 of the previous six games, AND lost to a moribund Avs team' s backup goaltender.  Anything ELSE you wanna do Dan?  Anybody ELSE wanna grab some pine?

Wait did he really get benched?

According to RJ and Rayzor on the radio he got sat following a turnover that led to the first goal. It was a topic of conversation during the first intermission about how you don't want to kill his creativity but that he needs to be more responsible as well.

Maybe he needs to be coached. Anyone know where to find one?

According to RJ and Rayzor on the radio he got sat following a turnover that led to the first goal.  It was a topic of conversation during the first intermission about how you don't want to kill his creativity but that he needs to be more responsible as well.

Are you freakin' kidding me?  Eichel has made mistakes, but has he shown any indication that he's not a responsible player?  Taking away ice time from Eichel is just a clueless move by a clueless coach.

Dan's fine. we don't have the talent to compete with the Pens, or the Flyers, or the Coyotes, or the Avalanche, or the mighty Devils that swept us, or the mighty Canes that swept us, etc. 

As Dan says, the last thing we want to do is get into a track meet with ANY of those teams.  Keep it tight boys!