Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

NS always has been loyal to a fault.

(Explaining the 40-plus years of Sabrefandom.)

Thank you, I think.  

;)

Reality tells me that I expect Dan to be fired at the end of this season.  I expect it and have come to accept it as a very distinct possibility, even probable.  I still think that it would not be fair, or just.

Thank you, I think.

;)

Reality tells me that I expect Dan to be fired at the end of this season. I expect it and have come to accept it as a very distinct possibility, even probable. I still think that it would not be fair, or just.

When you see the way Samson, O'Reilly, Risto, and Okposo play next year I think you'll see it differently.

At your service, sir.

I do not think Dan will be, nor should he be, fired until he has a better roster to work with.

Even though DD doesn't excite me, I tend to agree. While I think this is a much better team than the tank team it has work to do on defense and goal is still not proven itself. I feel there is reason to question the coach in some cases many seem to, in my opinion, blame him for too much for teams losses.

Something else brought up on GR today regarding DD. They interviewed Andrew Filiponi who is a Sports Director in Pittsburgh and used to work for GR. He mentioned that in 2009 when they won the Cup, Bylsma was running Therrien's System. When he implemented his own system the next year the team started having troubles adapting.

Something else brought up on GR today regarding DD. They interviewed Andrew Filiponi who is a Sports Director in Pittsburgh and used to work for GR. He mentioned that in 2009 when they won the Cup, Bylsma was running Therrien's System. When he implemented his own system the next year the team started having troubles adapting.

impossible!

He is a question; is it DD's fault that the Amerks suck also? Last I looked DD wasn't coaching the Amerks. One thing they do have in common is that the rosters were crafted by GMTM.

I believe there was a recent post on this board claiming that the system in Rochester was intended to be same game strategy (e.g. "stretch" pass, etc.) as the big club so for a player that came up it would be a smooth transition

Someone can jump in and correct me but I understand that the Amerks are in last place          UGH

go Sabres

Edited by tfighter

He is a question; is it DD's fault that the Amerks suck also? Last I looked DD wasn't coaching the Amerks. One thing they do have in common is that the rosters were crafted by GMTM.

Something, something system something something players called up knowing something, something ...

Actually, Lambert spent a year in Buffalo specifically to learn Bylsma's system and apply it to Rochester. Check out A. Nylander's ES scoring stats, and picture him chipping in stretch passes and trying to go get them...

Actually, Lambert spent a year in Buffalo specifically to learn Bylsma's system and apply it to Rochester. Check out A. Nylander's ES scoring stats, and picture him chipping in stretch passes and trying to go get them...

I think this damning evidence corroborating against DB to be honest.

I know the early injuries in Buffalo raped the Amerks, but Ullmark is a good goalie, COR, Grant, Kennedy and Schneider are top six guys down there, Falk, Fedun and Strachan are fringe NHLers and the Sabres have some legit prospects on the wings.

They shouldn't be as bad as they are either.

Edited by dudacek

From the bottom of the Sabres notebook column in BN today:

"Defenseman Josh Gorges reached the goal column Friday, leaving Justin Falk and Nicolas Deslauriers as the only Sabres without goals this season. It’s Gorges’ work without the puck that earned Bylsma’s praise.

“He’s been the card-carrying member of how we want to play with being tough, aggressive, physical and putting his body on the line for the team,” Bylsma said. “That’s got to be the mantra for our team.”

...as opposed to dudes who can skate and pass really well. I want more of those guys. 

I think this damning evidence corroborating against DB to be honest.

I know the early injuries in Buffalo raped the Amerks, but Ullmark is a good goalie, COR, Grant, Kennedy and Schneider are top six guys down there, Falk, Fedun and Strachan are fringe NHLers and the Sabres have some legit prospects on the wings.

They shouldn't be as bad as they are either.

The problem is again roster construction. Falk and Fedun were supposed to be the no.1 pairing in Roch and Falk spent 10 game w the Amerks and Fedun only 28. Carrier, the top LW , spent only 8 games in Rochester and now Bailey, Catenacci, COR and Erod are gone for a variety of reasons. Also none of the D playing for Roch are really prospects except Nelson and he wasn't even drafted by the Sabres, but signed as a college FA. Nearly all of the D, including Falk and Fedun are retreads from other organizations. Strachan was a late signing and is barely even an AHL player any longer. The depth in the organization simply doesn't exist and that is on GMTM, and the injuries in Buffalo exposed the band-aid nature of the Amerks. The prospect depth is so shallow that GMTM had over 9 AHL vets signed for the Amerks this season (pros with 260 games or more of experience), 1/2 on defense including Falk, Fedun, Strachan, Bennett, and Burgdorfer. Simply pitiful.

The system may not work and maybe contributing to the problem, but no system works without adequate talent, and the Sabres and Amerks suffered ultimately from the same problem.... Not enough defensive talent.

Blaming DD is easy. After all it must be the coach's fault if our star laden roster isn't winning. People complain about stretch passing, poor line combos, switching line combos, blah blah blah.......

Yet they also acknowledge the injuries, especially to star forwards and 4/6 of our D, and they acknowledge the poor play of the same D even when they returned. Isn't possible that DD's system just hasn't been given the tools to implement it properly? Isn't it possible that the injuries destroyed an chance for the team to grow into the system this season. Despite these possibilities there is substantial factual evidence that the system and the coaching staff are effective.

1) we improved last season by 27 pts and it is not unusal for teams to plateau the next season after such a move.

2) the PP has shown drastic improvement and is among the mostly dangerous in hockey.

3) all our kids and young vets are improving. Jack, Sam, Risto, McCabe, Erod, Bailey, and even Foligno, Larsson and Girgensons.

4) all the goaltenders have improved during their time here; Lehner, Nilsson, Chad Johnson and Ullmark.

5) Falk and Fedun, AHL vets get called up and with only a brief time in the system prove themselves effective.

6) Somebody got through to Evander Kane and has gotten him to play his best and most consistent hockey of his career.

7) Doohickie mentioned it earlier in another thread, but we are in nearly ever game this season win or lose. Something that often wasn't true in previous seasons. We also, despite the recent losing streak, are still fighting every night. The comeback win tonight is arguably proof that the coaching staff hasn't lost the team, despite comments in Kulka's Corner.

I'm not really for or against DD at this point, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until GMTM gives him a healthy and adequate D group to coach. I also am pretty sure, with his 5 year contract, he is going to be back next season, so I advise everyone to keep an open mind. Here is a scary thought, GMTM brings in guys like Vatanen and Alzner next season and they play well, stay healthy and the team competes for the Atlantic Division. What arevyou going to say about DD then?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

From the bottom of the Sabres notebook column in BN today:

"Defenseman Josh Gorges reached the goal column Friday, leaving Justin Falk and Nicolas Deslauriers as the only Sabres without goals this season. It’s Gorges’ work without the puck that earned Bylsma’s praise.

“He’s been the card-carrying member of how we want to play with being tough, aggressive, physical and putting his body on the line for the team,” Bylsma said. “That’s got to be the mantra for our team.”

...as opposed to dudes who can skate and pass really well. I want more of those guys.

Oh gosh. Gorges is the best example of how this team should be playing?

My watching of the AHL is that the team's that do well typically have a lot of AHL vets, particularly on defence.

Are you really blaming Murray's drafting for the lack of success in Rochester?

The oldest players he's drafted just turned 21.

My watching of the AHL is that the team's that do well typically have a lot of AHL vets, particularly on defence.

Are you really blaming Murray's drafting for the lack of success in Rochester?

The oldest players he's drafted just turned 21.

I blame GMTM for lousy veteran evaluation and mis-mangement of organization assets. I think most everyone can agree that our defense throughout the organization is lacking. I'm wondering how any system or coach can succeed with a defense this poor in health and talent? I think the answer is it can't and that is why I'm giving DD the benefit of the doubt.

One other note, GMTM's only drafted D who has graduated to the pros, 3rd rd pick Martin, can't even crack the AHL roster.

Fyi: the best AHL teams are loaded with near ready prospects at both ends of the ice, with key vets to shepard the kids. (Not just forwards).

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Stopped reading after the first sentence. Harrington is a moron

He is my least favorite of all the writers I've ever experienced. This includes newspapers, blogs, message boards, peer papers that I was forced to review in college, Mike Rodak, bathroom stalls....