Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The ref definitely said that the tackle lured him.  Speaking of that strange announcement, one of the million things the announcers missed during the game.  Obviously I want this team to keep winning, but a side bonus from that would be starting to draw a few A or B team announce crews instead.  I'm so sick of listening to Wilcotts year after year.  I think my favorite moment was when they were ranting about the Bills bad luck on that running into the kicker call, completely missing the fact that it had already been declined.

I had to Google the rule to understand "lured" in this context. It's hard to watch football, sometimes. I actually believe, now, that the ref got it right. I'm not sure the drafting committee did. Sanitizing with penalties is like over-regulating an .... never mind, wrong thread.

Is there a history?  Am I not supposed to be?  Are you a fan of QBR?

I know your fancystats expertise ....   and forgive me my trespasses ....

I'm a big fan of QBR because it does a pretty good job of providing a catch-all statistic to evaluate overall QB play. It's not perfect, of course (Luck is only "above average" by this metric), but I think it's light years ahead of traditional quarterback rating which can be gamed with a bunch of garbage time stats and high completion percentages on short junk that doesn't help a team win. It even gets bonus points for being as easy to find and use as the old statistic it's meant to replace.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 7m7 minutes ago

"This game ball goes to Terry Pegula. He had the guts to hire me." Rex's post-win speech: http://bufbills.co/0hUHeN

CO5Fd8PWwAADtZT.jpg

Is that Tim Murray behind Terry?

Oh ya. That's Mr. Murray. Looks like he has a big chaw in his cheek. Could he be biting his tongue? I doubt it. Why would he? Look at how happy Uncle Terry is! I'll bet that he's a great guy to hang out with. I think we've won the sports owner lottery.

I thought that was a great indicator of where this team is mentally.  They overcame penalties several times yesterday, that being the most obvious example.  A Marrone team would have folded, but Rex has these guys believing in the inevitability of success, so after the setback they just proceeded to take it in.  It seems like the setbacks don't phase them at all; they expect that not every play will succeed, so when one goes bad they just get back to playing football the next play.

I was also pleased with how they responded, but let's see how they do when they're actually losing a game before we declare setbacks don't phase them.

Oh ya. That's Mr. Murray. Looks like he has a big chaw in his cheek. Could he be biting his tongue? I doubt it. Why would he? Look at how happy Uncle Terry is! I'll bet that he's a great guy to hang out with. I think we've won the sports owner lottery.

Throwing a lip in with Murray would definitely be on my bucket list.

Honestly I'm just surprised Terry caught that ball. Rex didn't exactly lob it to him

That's Aud Smell stalking her in the background over her left shoulder. Security was on to him and that's why he's looking for an exit from the VIP tent.

GO BILLS!!!

No that guy is too obvious. Smell has perfected his game and would never be caught on film like that. To find him, you'll have to look closely at any reflections or blurry figures

I was also pleased with how they responded, but let's see how they do when they're actually losing a game before we declare setbacks don't phase them.

That would mean they'd actually have to find themselves losing a game.   :nana:

Smell can't be seen.... As his name implies, the only way you know he's around... Is in fact by smell alone.

He is.... the most interesting Smell in the world.

Dunno.  I think of the poet.  Especially when I read "Buffalo Bill Karlos Williams," my brain desperately tries not to turn that into "Buffalo William Carlos Williams."

What's funny is that's actually who I was thinking of, but my gin soaked brain confused it with Walter/Wendy Carlos.

And Trent Dilfer says unexplicably.

ugh.

geeze, Boston Globe is a little bitchy this week.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/14/after-patriots-afc-east-still-trio-zeros/I3CQidbEbK2yAhzJ8pqzUN/story.html

"Taylor did a nice job managing the game against the overrated Colts, but it’s going to be different this week when he sees a Belichick defense. We’re not in Chuck Pagano-land anymore, kid."

"This game ball goes to Terry Pegula. He had the guts to hire me." Rex's post-win speech: http://bufbills.co/0hUHeN 

CO5Fd8PWwAADtZT.jpg

Is that Tim Murray behind Terry?

Smart move not giving the game ball to a player.   Keep them all level and grounded for when they play the patriots.   Emphasizes it was a team effort also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.