Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I don't want to just squeak out a win and be thankful the big bad Pat's lost.  I want the Bills to get up early and then step on Belicheks throat.

This is really the only acceptable outcome for me. Putting up a win on the Pats for only the 4th time since 2000 is meaningless unless it's convincing. I want to end the Patriots dynasty this weekend. 

Let's just hope that this time, if we do, it actually leads to something rather than just being an aberration.

That crowd in that clip isn't even nearly as loud as they were against the Colts lat Sunday. This Sunday should be wild.

I think that team would've made the playoffs if it weren't for that phantom incompletion call against Stevie in Cincy. It was the perfect example of a ref letting the players make the call.

Until Brady retires or suffers a career ending injury I'm going to continue to go with the safe assumption that NE will continue to win the AFC East.  

That's kind of like me with the Bills.  Until they actually qualify for the playoffs, I will believe that they will miss the playoffs.  That doesn't mean I won't enjoy the ride, it's just that I've fallen for this far too often over the last 15 years.

I don't want to just squeak out a win and be thankful the big bad Pat's lost.  I want the Bills to get up early and then step on Belicheks throat.

This is really the only acceptable outcome for me. Putting up a win on the Pats for only the 4th time since 2000 is meaningless unless it's convincing. I want to end the Patriots dynasty this weekend. 

I feel like being unsatisfied with beating the defending Super Bowl champion is a bit unreasonable.

It's only unreasonable if small victories excite you.

I'd like to see something that shows me this Bills team is actually good.  

Remember years back when we smoked them to open the season? That meant nothing. This game, if won, means the exact same thing whether it's a huge win or a squeaker. As such, we should be perfectly happy to beat them regardless of what it looks like.

That's kind of like me with the Bills.  Until they actually qualify for the playoffs, I will believe that they will miss the playoffs.  That doesn't mean I won't enjoy the ride, it's just that I've fallen for this far too often over the last 15 years.

Yes.  I don't care how much better or different the team looks on paper, any Bills fan talking playoffs in September should be met with a chorus of a thousand Jim Mora's.

Remember years back when we smoked them to open the season? That meant nothing. This game, if won, means the exact same thing whether it's a huge win or a squeaker. As such, we should be perfectly happy to beat them regardless of what it looks like.

I was there and remember it well.  Meant squat when all was said and done.  I will be at the Ralph this Sunday as well.

Just for once in our lives can we see the Bills beat Tom Brady?  Please. 

Yes.

I was gonna say. I was there for that one in 2011; the crowd was as loud as I can remember (and that includes playoff games in the 90s).

My thoughts exactly.

And I agree with the sentiment upthread: So long as Belichick and Brady are in NE, the AFC East is presumptively theirs. I hate that I think that, but I do.

I was a freshman at UB when we won that game. Drew Bledsoe was our Qb. That was over a decade ago! Ahhhhhhhhh! I hate how awful this franchise has been! Deer sweet Jesus! Win, win, win! Then win more games. Lots more.

Oh, and I hope Brady leaves the field on Sunday in a f'ing bag!

Edited by ubkev

I was gonna say. I was there for that one in 2011; the crowd was as loud as I can remember (and that includes playoff games in the 90s).

Must be poor audio quality then. Let's hope it gets rockin' again this Sunday.

But a few others have brought this up and I'd like to echo it: Sunday against the Colts felt like domination, it felt like winning should. At no point in the 2nd half was I worried we were going to give the lead away. It was really strange honestly, it felt like, as Watkins said, we were supposed to win because we were that good. I only felt like that a few times last season against crap teams, but against a SB favorite in the Colts? Never. It'd be something totally different to feel in control of a game against the Patriots rather than just praying Brady doesn't make another 2 minute come back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.