Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

McCoy's hamstring definitely had an impact but the o-line helped zilch. And 24 yards on 14 carries isn't .58 yards. :P

Finished with 17 for 41 (2.4 yards) rushing and 3 catches for 46 yards.

So 87 yards on 20 touches total (4.35 yards per touch).

Oh yeah... flipped the math...

great win...

so.. so.. happy

Was it not? Are you not?

The Colts are certainly no powerhouse but they are a playoff team with a good offense and the best young qb in the game.

I disagree, I think the Colts are a powerhouse. It's them and the Patriots*** in the AFC that are the favorites. This was a huge win for us. 

Was it not? Are you not?

The Colts are certainly no powerhouse but they are a playoff team with a good offense and the best young qb in the game.

Disagree. The Colts got smashed in the AFC Championship but are still among the NFL's best. A popular Super Bowl pick.

I am very close to being all in on the Bills.

They need to play a more disciplined game, and it would be nice if Mario Williams produced more pressure, but that was a great defensive effort. And TT played as well as anyone could've asked. (They also need to get Sammy involved.)

It's kinda nice to be in the NFL again!

Interesting. I'm not as sold on the Colts as you guys are. I think they're among the best in the AFC because the AFC isn't all that special. With Luck, though, anything's possible.

I'm with you. The Colts are a very flawed team with a weak coaching staff. But they have Luck, and plenty of weeks that's going to be enough.

A couple thoughts on Rex: There was a third down pass that wasn't caught by the Colts but was called a completed pass. Rexy didn't challenge because perhaps 1) we were up by a lot at the time and he wasn't worried or 2) luck got his team up to the line and snapped it very quickly and Rex didn't risk it. I percieved it as a mistake at the time, but a small one.

There was a different play where luck had his offense in formation and the bills d was still in huddle. I was screaming for rex to call a TO but he didn't and Luck completed a first down to a wide open reciever (both dbs took the deep man in panic).

These were two very minor errors that occured after we had a significant lead.

On the flip side, I loved that our offense never stopped trying to score. The deep bomb attempt to Watkins was a thing of beauty. Doug Marrone would never ever ever call that play.

The team played like they expected to win the entire time. Whenever I expected them to let up or make a Bills boneheaded mistake they did not. I'm giving Rex credit here, too. The team's attitude seemed to reflect his.

1). My team won, so I'm not blaming refs, but, man, the NFL is becoming unwatchable with all of the flags. Even when they're the right call (the unequal treatment of punter contact), this sanitization drives me nuts.

2). Our corners. Best I've seem since it became a flag to touch a receiver. Awesome.

3). Two halves, two defenses, each correct. The first half fun of bringing the house and jumping routes vs. the second half zone trading points for minutes. I liked it.

4). The jury's still out on McCoy, but it worries me less.

5). Sports and head injuries. Did you see Graham's eyes for the split second before the replay cut away? "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto".

6). Add Dareus.

7). I'll never bemoan drafting CBs again.

8). Karlos!

9). Roman's plays take an extra second to develop. I have to get used to that.

10). Add Sammy.

11). Gronk's not a beast, he's THE beast, but I like our LBs with a safety over the top. Athleticism. Brady 1-2-3 with his receivers is roughly equivalent to Luck 1-2-3 and his, when viewed together. Brady's line's more suspect.

12). Where would Kiko play? (duck).

13). The kicking game rocked.

14). Luck and Pagano are gracious interviews.

15). The Bills had fun, today, if post game pressers are any indication. Wildly different circumstances, but compare today to the last three years of Sabres pressers. Sports are fun when athletes are having fun.

16). Pegula returns to Buffalo; deus ex machina.

Edited by Neo

1). My team won, so I'm not blaming refs, but, man, the NFL is becoming unwatchable with all of the flags. Even when they're the right call (the unequal treatment of punter contact), this sanitization drives me nuts.

2). Our corners. Best I've seem since it became a flag to touch a receiver. Awesome.

3). Two halves, two defenses, each correct. The first half fun of bringing the house and jumping routes vs. the second half zone trading points for minutes. I liked it.

4). The jury's still out on McCoy, but it worries me less.

5). Sports and head injuries. Did you see Graham's eyes for the split second before the replay cut away? "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto".

6). Add Dareus.

7). I'll never bemoan drafting CBs again.

8). Karlos!

9). Roman's plays take an extra second to develop. I have to get used to that.

10). Add Sammy.

11). Gronk's not a beast, he's THE beast, but I like our LBs with a safety over the top. Athleticism. Brady 1-2-3 with his receivers is roughly equivalent to Luck 1-2-3 and his, together. Brady's line's more suspect.

12). Where would Kiko play? (duck).

13). The kicking game rocked.

14). Luck and Pagano are gracious interviews.

15). The Bills had fun, today, if post game pressers are any indication. Wildly different circumstances, but compare today to the last three years of Sabres pressers. Sports are fun when athletes are having fun.

16). Pegula returns to Buffalo; deus ex machina.

Agree fully with this analysis, especially the point on the run plays. Our tackles were overmatched and it blew up a lot of those slowly-developing plays.

Actually Phil McKonkie(sp?) on a third and forever beat the Bills that day.

I've been away for days, so if this has been addressed, please pardon me.  McConkey's touchdown was against Denver and not Buffalo (which is his hometown).

Anyway.

Nice win today!  I listened to the first half and watched the second and it was EXACTLY what I expected.

Good points Neo, especially on our DB play. They walked a very fine line in today's NFL between contact and playing the ball, and not once were they called for PI. and that's against the leagues 2/3rd best QB mind you; you'd figure Luck would get some calls. Unbelievably impressed with our DBs today, I can't count on both hands how many times they contest good throws in crucial moments.

Karlos Williams: man, can that guy read a blocking scheme. Nice to see someone who can run between the tackles. Only one game, but it looks good for him so far. Watching Williams from Pittsburgh run all over the Pats*** last week, Karlos could be in for a big game next Sunday. 

But man, does winning on Sunday make the rest of the week a hell of a lot easier.  :beer:  :D

Great game. I was very impressed with Rod. Very smooth game. Great decision making and efficient running. McCoy still looks injured and the line struggled a bit at times. Karlos Williams was very impressive and soothed my missing of Freddy. Our sheer number of weapons was too much for the Colts D. Teams are going to have lots of trouble matching up against our skill players. If the line can get some consistency going, our offense could really be something this year.

Our defense looked the part even without Dareus. Darby did a nice job battling out there after getting victimized a couple times early. Kyle Williams is still a beast, as is Nickell Robey.

With all of that said, the Colts played a turrible game. Just turrible.

I agree with most of that, but really, I think a lot of turrible came from the Bills forcing the issue.  Why so many Colts holding penalties?  Because the Bills were comin', baby.

Catenacci is the bearded one and the other is Ruhwedel.

Per a comment on the picture... yeah:  Zemgus, Catenacci, Pysyk, Ruhwedal.

Thanks boys. Never would've guessed Cattanacci, never really seen him before.

Good to see the team doing stuff outside of the rink though. Maybe OneBuffalo will really be a thing, instead of some slogan

Here's my day at the game.

I rode my bicycle to Buffalo Bros, which takes me through the barrio.  Every church needs a pony or two, don't you think?

21209786698_362e5f3df0_c.jpg

Every church needs a pony

My son and me just before kickoff

21386761382_8aa6ea3c47_c.jpg

Me and Colin

My son hamming it up with the Old Country (Buffalo) food.

21209780858_d03719671d_c.jpg

Buffalo Bros

This is the reaction to the first touchdown (hard to hear it, but SHOUT is playing; Buffalo Bros plays it with ever touchdown, just like at the Ralph).

Edited by Robins Egg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.