Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Yeah. It was a matter of time until he got an NHL gig.

There were three straight USNTDP coaches who were seen as up and comers in the coaching world.  Hynes got that Scranton job.  David Quinn got an assistant job at BU, then coached in Colorado's system.  And then there was the third guy... Ron Rolston.  I do wonder how that would have worked out if he hadn't been rushed up to the NHL job so early, maybe that career doesn't derail.

There were three straight USNTDP coaches who were seen as up and comers in the coaching world. Hynes got that Scranton job. David Quinn got an assistant job at BU, then coached in Colorado's system. And then there was the third guy... Ron Rolston. I do wonder how that would have worked out if he hadn't been rushed up to the NHL job so early, maybe that career doesn't derail.

I probably read it here, but I remember something about Rolston speaking to another hockey person would told him not to take the Sabres job. They saw it as career suicide.

Tim Kennedy is off to the KHL.

While Tim never did make it big, he still made (and continues to make) a living playing a game he enjoys.  Maybe he socked away enough to afford him some time to determine what he wants to do next in life.  Good luck and Godspeed.

While Tim never did make it big, he still made (and continues to make) a living playing a game he enjoys.  Maybe he socked away enough to afford him some time to determine what he wants to do next in life.  Good luck and Godspeed.

I have to agree with this.  Hopefully he saved up and lived within his means knowing he was/is a fringe player in the NHL.

NHLPA met this week, and it sounds like the players, after crunching the numbers, will consider using their full 5% growth factor.

That's not a guarantee, but it is a positive shift from what they were thinking. If that happens, cap probably comes in a little over $71M

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.