Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

All too well....

are you sure? You seem to be defending James.

In 1997, James plead guilty and served 3 ½ years in prison for sex offences against Kennedy and two others.

“I’m not surprised. I mean, in my case police figured there was 75 to 100 other victims, so I’m not surprised,” Kennedy said on Monday. “I guess that the way I feel about it is I’m happy the individual that came forward because now they have an opportunity to get their life back on track.”

are you sure? You seem to be defending James.

In 1997, James plead guilty and served 3 ½ years in prison for sex offences against Kennedy and two others.

“I’m not surprised. I mean, in my case police figured there was 75 to 100 other victims, so I’m not surprised,” Kennedy said on Monday. “I guess that the way I feel about it is I’m happy the individual that came forward because now they have an opportunity to get their life back on track.”

I believe Hoss is talking about GoDD's reference to his own ban about the Penn State connections to Pegula, not James' case

You are correct, sir.

I wouldn't defend a known monster.

So who are you defending?

This story is about a 17 year old at the highest level of his sport at the time who took 23 years to come to authorities to tell his sad tale about someone who was already in jail.

So how tough do you think it is for a bunch of 8-13 year olds from inner city broken homes, who are fosters, who get lost in the system and they feel nobody cares about them anyway?

Those children who get violated in the worst possible way, and not in some small Canadian town, but at a school with a multi-billion dollar sports program, a program that receives billions from state politicians, a program that has 6x as many current students in their population than that Canadian town has? How long should those kids get to tell their story?

Are you familiar with "the lullaby", "Hush Little Baby"?

May the good Lord judge me with the same critical eye as I do others at times. May he see my heart for what it is, and others for what their heart is. I Believe. May the good Lord, Never....."Let it go"......

May the good Lord judge me with the same critical eye as I do others at times. May he see my heart for what it is, and others for what their heart is. I Believe. May the good Lord, Never....."Let it go"......

I don't think anyone is claiming there is a need to let go of what happened at Penn State, or to forget the victims of those horrors.

Seems like Hoss is advising / asking GoDD to let it go, unless I have that wrong.

No one should ever let it go.

Seems like Hoss is telling GoDD to let the Terry Pegula Penn State thing go because it isn't the same as a known molester being accused of molesting again.  Potential Libel (Pegula knew about Penn State) versus Charges and Actual History of Abuse (Graham James)

Didn't know where to post this but there are new charges for Graham James. Castrate that f#$&.

apparently these charges are from 90/91 when he coached Swift Current. Another player has come forward.

Don't get banned my good man......

Highly speculative potential libel does not equal actual charges and a history of abuse. Let it go.

I passed reading comprehension today.  Now where the is my gold star?

Seems like Hoss is telling GoDD to let the Terry Pegula Penn State thing go because it isn't the same as a known molester being accused of molesting again.  Potential Libel (Pegula knew about Penn State) versus Charges and Actual History of Abuse (Graham James)

I passed reading comprehension today.  Now where the ###### is my gold star?

Yeah I'm not sure why this is hard to get at all. 

I don't think anyone is claiming there is a need to let go of what happened at Penn State, or to forget the victims of those horrors.

Seems like Hoss is telling GoDD to let the Terry Pegula Penn State thing go because it isn't the same as a known molester being accused of molesting again. Potential Libel (Pegula knew about Penn State) versus Charges and Actual History of Abuse (Graham James)

I passed reading comprehension today. Now where the ###### is my gold star?

Exactly. Thanks for clearing this up while I wasn't here. I don't think anybody should forget what happened at PSU. I wouldn't be shocked if Paterno's statue is resurrected over time, but I believe that would be a disgrace.

There's no point to discussing further. GoDD knows exactly what I'm talking about, but he wants to act like he doesn't to posture himself in a "righteous" position while making me out to look like a fool. He knows he can't get too detailed in his posts on the subject if he wants to continue posting here.

If there were ever any legitimate proof or claims to what he says then I would want everybody involved run out of town burning alive... Until then? Let it go.

Edited by Hoss

Why couldn't that junior player let it go?

I mean....it took him 23 years to come forward to claim a known satan molested him....

You are so off base here it's ridiculous and I doubt that you are so naive as to not know this.

The person coming forward, now, has lived with the event his entire life. He knows exactly what happened. There is no suggestion of third party knowledge here.

It's not the same thing, it's not remotely close, you know this.  That's what you let go.  You don't let go the disgusting events that occurred that are blight on humanity.  When there is proof, then get back on the horse and ride like Paul Revere... until then it's good to just keep your suspicions to yourself and investigate on your time.

As was said back then, prove it or be quiet.

Finally, you are victim shaming here. I find that disgusting in its own right.

You are so off base here it's ridiculous and I doubt that you are so naive as to not know this.

The person coming forward, now, has lived with the event his entire life. He knows exactly what happened. There is no suggestion of third party knowledge here.

It's not the same thing, it's not remotely close, you know this.  That's what you let go.  You don't let go the disgusting events that occurred that are blight on humanity.  When there is proof, then get back on the horse and ride like Paul Revere... until then it's good to just keep your suspicions to yourself and investigate on your time.

As was said back then, prove it or be quiet.

Finally, you are victim shaming here. I find that disgusting in its own right.

LTS....you are missing the 180 of my post. Think about it.

If someone would like to give me the power of the PA Atty. Gnl. then I will gladly honor your request.

Right, right. We've done the hokey-pokey with Pegula & Co. and the PSU travesty.

I'll say this: If we accept, as we must (and as I think GoDD does (?)), that Pegula and/or people in his inner circle had no involvement, direct or indirect, in aiding or abetting the Sandusky atrocities, must we also accept how certain people in Pegula's inner circle elected to trowel over their proximity to all that awfulness? I'm not so sure. 

For his part, Pegula made a public and unequivocal statement urging everyone at PSU to tell the truth, and not go into CYA mode. Benson? Not so much. Here's a recap for those interested:

http://deadspin.com/5861976/sabres-owner-says-penn-state-scandal-is-not-about-covering-your-ass-before-covering-his-ass-about-hiring-second-mile-board-member

To be clear: I do not countenance rank speculation about Pegula or his senior advisors being in any way complicit in what happened.   

Dammit when did Miroslav get involved.

Nice.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Moving on.... So with San Jose out of the race for a coach it is just down to Buffalo and New Jersey.  I had couple of friends freak out when we didn't get babby because no one would want to come to Buffalo... well there are only 2 jobs available for potentially 6-8 candidates... pretty all most all of them want a job.  Should be interesting. I pity the new coach of New Jersey, they have a lot of issues going forward. 

Is there a franchise in a worse position than New Jersey? Their best non-goalie players are aging. Guys like Henrique haven't really improved as expected. Guys like Adam Larsson have flopped badly so far in the NHL.

They don't have the assets that the Leafs have to sell of in order to acquire future considerations. They don't have the youth and prospects we have here or that the Yotes have in Zona. They've got Cory Schneider and then nada. They better hit it out of the park at six this year and then hope they're in position to pick high next year.

Is there a franchise in a worse position than New Jersey? Their best non-goalie players are aging. Guys like Henrique haven't really improved as expected. Guys like Adam Larsson have flopped badly so far in the NHL.

They don't have the assets that the Leafs have to sell of in order to acquire future considerations. They don't have the youth and prospects we have here or that the Yotes have in Zona. They've got Cory Schneider and then nada. They better hit it out of the park at six this year and then hope they're in position to pick high next year.

The are ancient. 

No, I don't believe there is. In addition to what you said, they have some pretty awful contracts on the books for many years to come: Zajac at $5.75 through 2021, Clowe at $4.850 through 2018, Cammalleri at $5 through 2019, and Andy Greene at $5 through 2020. That's a whole lot of yikes.

Edit: This all makes the hiring of Shero that much weirder. He's not exactly known for his drafting prowess, yet is responsible for rebuilding a horrible situation. Will be interesting.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.