Round one Pick #14. Girgensons

spndnchz

Dear me.

I vote for reinstating GoDD and, crucially, not taking his posts in this thread too seriously.

GCOE -- I really don't think he called you a pedophile.

Separately, I think Z is going to have a much better year than Griggy this season.

I'm not sure what the problem is/was. I've seen posts that go beyond that in attacks that get real personal for a simple difference of opinion. Personally I wouldn't have searched out the meaning of the offending term but the link presented itself. Disgusting no doubt but no worse than some of the sexual innuendo thats all too common to this site. I'm more offended by the sight of men in drag. But thats just me. To each his own.

Isolated incidents are different from continuous patterns...

I still don't see what the issue is/was. It's just a message board.

On a related note, I'm curious as to what earns a "warning point"/ban on this forum. Any specific criteria or is it just subject to personal interpretation?

I like the crazy. If I wanted impersonal, boring analysis I'd go elsewhere. This forum has a personality, and it's great; kinda like shootin the ###### with my buddies, just with people who actually know hockey.

young men that age have been doing weird, silly sh!t since before you or i were born. difference being: nowadays, there's always a device around ready to capture the moment. also worth noting that there's a european influence afoot here -- giving rise to bonus points for weirdness.

I guess we grew up in different neighborhoods.

That was a very creepy photo, Girgensons looks like the guy form Silence of the Lambs when he is dancing in front of the mirror.

Opinions of the photo would be much different if Girgensons was a Bruins draft pick, this thread would be up to 1,000 posts drilling on the Bruins and no one would have an issue with references to Sandusky or Soggy Biscuits. The hypocrisy on this board at times is pathetic.

...and in said quarrel the aforementioned suspended poster drew a direct line between posting a pic of Girgs and friends dressed as chicks to Jerry Sandusky. So yes, IMHO ban worthy.

And you haven't posted 100 more disturbing references over the years? :censored:

While I understand the background of the image being a few years old and the kids being kids thought process; I do have to side in the general sense with GoDD on this.

I believe that Girgensons may have just recently posted this picture to his instagram site. As he is now part of the NHL I think he does have to think more about social issues of the day and what an image may be perceived as. Especially now with the NHL teaming with the You Can Play Project to teach players about equality.

While I understand the background of the image being a few years old and the kids being kids thought process; I do have to side in the general sense with GoDD on this.

I believe that Girgensons may have just recently posted this picture to his instagram site. As he is now part of the NHL I think he does have to think more about social issues of the day and what an image may be perceived as. Especially now with the NHL teaming with the You Can Play Project to teach players about equality.

Or he was just having some funs with his bros and didn't need to be linked to a pedophile. You can play has nothing to do with pedophilia.

Or he was just having some funs with his bros and didn't need to be linked to a pedophile. You can play has nothing to do with pedophilia.

I did say 'in the general sense' I sided with him.

Sensitivity is sensitvity no matter what it pertains to. The NHL has dealt with sexual abuse in the past with the Theo Fleury/Sheldon Kennedy case and they are now dealing with equality through the You Can Play Project. I believe the NHL expects the players to think a bit more about social issues.

Interesting. This is a great example of what makes me want to stick around. Am I the only one who finds crazy eminently entertaining?

I get enough crazy elsewhere. I think that's the problem for me. :)

I take it a lot of you have never gone to a theater for the Rocky Horror Picture Show...

The best part is when you go back to your friends house to find that you locked your keys in the car. The face on the tow truck driver was priceless...

Archived