Round one Pick #14. Girgensons

spndnchz

I guess we grew up in different neighborhoods.

North Buffalo - St. Rose Parish. You?

Seriously, though. Groups of young men - especially those thrown together on a sports team - have a long and ... storied (?) history of doing really odd-ball stuff. That's all that photo is - weird.

So, nobody weird like Z?

Moving on.

[/size]

Seriously, though. Groups of young men - especially those thrown together on a sports team - have a long and ... storied (?) history of doing really odd-ball stuff. That's all that photo is - weird.

Yes. That picture is child's play compared to the tales I could tell of bus rides and locker room antics from my high school baseball team.

Yes. That picture is child's play compared to the tales I could tell of bus rides and locker room antics from my high school baseball team.

And while I wasn't nearly talented enough to play for the team, the stories I heard about my high school hockey team's trips to the Lake Placid area are still enough to make me squirm a little.

And while I wasn't nearly talented enough to play for the team, the stories I heard about my high school hockey team's trips to the Lake Placid area are still enough to make me squirm a little.

Getting back to the picture, the actual gay dudes I know wouldn't be caught dead dressed like that.

Yeah, young male athletes dressing up as women for parties or special days is nothing new. Most of them are comically not feminine. At my school, it was tradition that for homecoming the guys dressed as cheerleaders and the girls dressed as football players (think Revenge of the Nerds "Mr. Touchdown" skit.) It was funny and not at all controversial, even at a very conservative school.

Last Pommer Fan....I was in no way calling you anything. I'm sorry you think so lowly of me. My point was made as I was banned for posting a smiling picture of 2 football coaches, and a reference to an activity that multiple people here confirmed that they have heard of or partaken in similar types of "bros just playin" activities during their youthful years. Meanwhile, we have people posting pictures of feminine products...and how to circumvent arena security and smuggle alcohol through the gates. Ironic considering the complaints about being singled out for multiple wandings at the arena. Maybe Ted Black does read this board?

Anyway.....after some posters dutifully pointed out that the Sabres grant access to the press box and locker room to certain bloggers, and this website has partaken in benefits from such a policy, it is obvious that there will always be a bias in preventing negative commentary or facts about the team and their employees from being presented and discussed. It's no longer worthwhile to waste my energies swimming upstream in such an environment. I enjoy many of the people here and felt vested, but I'm more interested in honest discussion and common sense than in having to tiptoe around and not "offend" the powers that be.

So cheers to y'all.

I'm still wondering why chz thought no one here knows how to use Google and seemed to want people to click on a link. Weird.

Anywho… when is Ghost's timeout over?

It was a 4 day ban. I'm not going to keep getting Kaleta'd.

Last Pommer Fan....I was in no way calling you anything. I'm sorry you think so lowly of me. My point was made as I was banned for posting a smiling picture of 2 football coaches, and a reference to an activity that multiple people here confirmed that they have heard of or partaken in similar types of "bros just playin" activities during their youthful years. Meanwhile, we have people posting pictures of feminine products...and how to circumvent arena security and smuggle alcohol through the gates. Ironic considering the complaints about being singled out for multiple wandings at the arena. Maybe Ted Black does read this board?

Anyway.....after some posters dutifully pointed out that the Sabres grant access to the press box and locker room to certain bloggers, and this website has partaken in benefits from such a policy, it is obvious that there will always be a bias in preventing negative commentary or facts about the team and their employees from being presented and discussed. It's no longer worthwhile to waste my energies swimming upstream in such an environment. I enjoy many of the people here and felt vested, but I'm more interested in honest discussion and common sense than in having to tiptoe around and not "offend" the powers that be.

So cheers to y'all.

Don't feel so damn proud of yourself. Nothing you stated about Z's photo that I linked to here had anything to do with any potential reality except your twisted narrative. While I disagree with your censorship by the board, I still think your direction on this topic was a huge pile of disrespect. Don't walk out of here thinking you're not allowed to state your opinions in a reasonable way. Your sick defamation of specific individuals both on this board and in the organization is what has people up in a tizzy. You have no facts about these things, only your libel-bordering hunches. You're not a hero, and you won't make yourself a martyr by walking away.

And if you want to really apologize to someone. It's best not to feel sorry for how THEY acted.

So cheers to y'all.

Welcome back. Tiptoe? C'mon. Please don't pretend you didn't know that you were crossing the line when you crossed it. It's unbecoming. FTR, I found your posts hilarious,… and ban-worthy. Just take you lumps, man up and move on.

Don't feel so damn proud of yourself. Nothing you stated about Z's photo that I linked to here had anything to do with any potential reality except your twisted narrative. While I disagree with your censorship by the board, I still think your direction on this topic was a huge pile of disrespect. Don't walk out of here thinking you're not allowed to state your opinions in a reasonable way. Your sick defamation of specific individuals both on this board and in the organization is what has people up in a tizzy. You have no facts about these things, only your libel-bordering hunches. You're not a hero, and you won't make yourself a martyr by walking away.

And if you want to really apologize to someone. It's best not to feel sorry for how THEY acted.

Who in particular have I defamed? When people scrub the internet, and refuse to comment and answer any questions, yet continue to parade around the community in elementary and secondary schools......where's that outrage?

I'm not walking away. I just refuse to waste energy in this medium.

And I don't owe you anything. I didn't have a problem with you linking a picture but found it ironic that people were more offended by me posting a smiling picture of 2 football coaches from the University that your owner continues to increase his donations to, over a picture of 15 and 16 year old boys dressed up as female streetwalkers. Let's get real here. I'm sorry you think so lowly of me. I'm not sorry for anything I said.

Welcome back. Tiptoe? C'mon. Please don't pretend you didn't know that you were crossing the line when you crossed it. It's unbecoming. FTR, I found your posts hilarious,… and ban-worthy. Just take you lumps, man up and move on.

Thanks. I guess everyone has a different definition of crossing the line. I guess everyone has a different definition of "normal" as well.

after some posters dutifully pointed out that the Sabres grant access to the press box and locker room to certain bloggers, and this website has partaken in benefits from such a policy

inneressin'. where be the stinky linkies?

it is obvious that there will always be a bias in preventing negative commentary or facts about the team and their employees from being presented and discussed.

dude. this board is over-full with negative commentary about the team, owner, officers, employees, players, prospects, etc. arguably, that's 90%+ of the site's content.

what you got dinged for was a gratuitous and unfounded linking of a goofy photo with your pegula as sandusky-enabler theory. that's a species of discussion separate and distinct from negative commentary about the team, etc.

i'm not sure whether posting about that particular pet theory of yours has ever gotten you banned, but if it hasn't, i trust that such speculation wears on the mods' patience. i know it inspires smirks and eye-rolls from me. and then when you rolled that theory like a grenade down the aisle of our sabrespace aircraft, you got lumped for doing so. i didn't agree with the decision, but it's not my call.

So cheers to y'all.

It was a 4 day ban. I'm not going to keep getting Kaleta'd.

Don't take your bat and ball and go home. You may be done with SS The Aud Club, but it ain't done with you.

Don't walk out of here thinking you're not allowed to state your opinions in a reasonable way.

Shoot - unreasonable works as well. It's reckless that doesn't get tolerated - at least not for long.

... And I don't owe you anything. I didn't have a problem with you linking a picture but found it ironic that people were more offended by me posting a smiling picture of 2 football coaches from the University that your owner continues to increase his donations to, over a picture of 15 and 16 year old boys dressed up as female streetwalkers. Let's get real here. I'm sorry you think so lowly of me. I'm not sorry for anything I said....

You forgot to mention Cliff Benson. Can't leave that out. Gotta keep connecting those dots, Ghost.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Hodgson's dad hired the hit men to take out Ray Gricor? Or was that Patty's uncle?

GO SABRES!!!

On a side note, Ghost, excellent ploy in creating that Kruse character. It made people actually welcome your return who might not normally have done so.

I find this funny. For all the people that claim I am a "conspiracy theorist" for actually pointing out facts and discussing possibilities, it was funny to read the same people get excited about the fact it may be me. Chz could have just answered that she checked and it isn't....but that would have been too easy. I don't blame Sizzle for coming up with the idea, as he is a thinker....but that isn't me. I'm pretty sure people will know when it IS me.....and it won't be on this website. Stay tuned.

You forgot to mention Cliff Benson. Can't leave that out. Gotta keep connecting those dots, Ghost.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Hodgson's dad hired the hit men to take out Ray Gricor? Or was that Patty's uncle?

GO SABRES!!!

I didn't leave Cliff Benson out. When he "mans up" and answers questions instead of people scrubbing the internet and hiding, I will feel much better about his involvement in activities. Did you ever see Pulp Fiction, and Harvey Keitel as Mr. Wolf? I think that is the best case scenario here. Since there has been not one comment or questioned answered, it is left up to speculation. There is plenty of factual evidence that leads a rational person to not be happy with the level of responsibility being taken.

Hey! I may not be a thinker, but I was the guy who came up with the Kruse theory!

Always enjoyed your hockey talk.

Sorry....didn't see it. I just read some of the threads and Sizzle in the Stafford thread mentioned it. You must have done so somewhere else. You're good peeps.

inneressin'. where be the stinky linkies?

Shoot - unreasonable works as well. It's reckless that doesn't get tolerated - at least not for long.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21936-free-agent-frenzy-2013/page__st__1000#entry497183

From Post #1015 down......

And I take full responsibility for my comments. If people are uncomfortable with them, and it seems many are....and it takes away from the spirit of this place.....then I won't be involved much. It's no use getting the average person upset.

I didn't leave Cliff Benson out. When he "mans up" and answers questions instead of people scrubbing the internet and hiding, I will feel much better about his involvement in activities. Did you ever see Pulp Fiction, and Harvey Keitel as Mr. Wolf? I think that is the best case scenario here. Since there has been not one comment or questioned answered, it is left up to speculation. There is plenty of factual evidence that leads a rational person to not be happy with the level of responsibility being taken....

I was thinking more of the similarities between the gold watch and the bug you carry around.

post-1438-0-77206300-1374591986_thumb.jpg

Listen all! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about hard rain! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Sabrespace learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.

All our lives hang by a thread. Now we got a man waiting for sentence. But ain't it the truth: you take your chances with the law, justice is only a roll of the dice. A flip of the coin. A turn... of the Wheel.

AUNTY'S CHOICE

I didn't leave Cliff Benson out. When he "mans up" and answers questions instead of people scrubbing the internet and hiding, I will feel much better about his involvement in activities. Did you ever see Pulp Fiction, and Harvey Keitel as Mr. Wolf? I think that is the best case scenario here. Since there has been not one comment or questioned answered, it is left up to speculation. There is plenty of factual evidence that leads a rational person to not be happy with the level of responsibility being taken.

This remains a fair area of inquiry. I remember this write-up from Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5861976/sabres-owner-says-penn-state-scandal-is-not-about-covering-your-ass-before-covering-his-ass-about-hiring-second-mile-board-member

Even so, a desire to distance yourself from a disgraced organization for which you did laudable work doesn't, in my mind, suggest that Benson did anything wrong or knew or should have known what was going on.

But I agree that the effort to revise history relative to his connection with that charity is a less than inspiring move. Maybe even a craven one.

http://forums.sabres...000#entry497183

From Post #1015 down......

Thanks. I'll have a look.

And don't go anywhere, Mr. Loco.

Archived