Round one Pick #14. Girgensons

spndnchz

Rude to ask? Why?

If I was posting on the Buffalo Sabres message board....I know who is in control.

If I post on the Buffalo News message board, I know who is in control.

If I post on a supposed 3rd party board that is moderated by someone who has media credentials.....who is in control? Who is getting unfettered access to all content and private messages, and in what realm are they using information from this board? I know who WGR550 is, and the Buffalo News, and WGRZ, etc. If someone uses information and ideas from here.....which they do on plenty of occasion, it can be monitored. Most of the media may use ideas from here but put their own spin on it or turn the idea around.

Hey...bottom line is it is my choice to be here. I like the people, but am going Galt in the hockey realm.

You honestly don't know who's in control here? After all these years?

GO SABRES!!!

You honestly don't know who's in control here? After all these years?

GO SABRES!!!

It's Scott's board. Out of respect, I never try to direct links to other Sabres outlets unless it is mainstream media or relevant news. If he uses any of my material, that is fine....for I am posting on his board. I pretty much waive my right to that material.

Chz is a moderator. I think she does a good job overall and is an asset. I am quite confused however with the fact that Scott doesn't know who she is, she holds credentials for access to Sabres restricted areas with added perks, and supposedly those don't come from affiliation with this website. Now if Scott knew this ahead of time and doesn't care that she has full access to all information here and control of the flow....then fine, that's on him. Now forgive me this is offensive to you, but as someone who doesn't end every post with "GO SABRES!!"......I am often singled out and have to take on multiple comers because of my critical views.

Again. It's my choice to post here....when allowed. If I am not comfortable with it, I will withhold my input.

It's Scott's board. Out of respect, I never try to direct links to other Sabres outlets unless it is mainstream media or relevant news. If he uses any of my material, that is fine....for I am posting on his board. I pretty much waive my right to that material.

Chz is a moderator. I think she does a good job overall and is an asset. I am quite confused however with the fact that Scott doesn't know who she is, she holds credentials for access to Sabres restricted areas with added perks, and supposedly those don't come from affiliation with this website. Now if Scott knew this ahead of time and doesn't care that she has full access to all information here and control of the flow....then fine, that's on him. Now forgive me this is offensive to you, but as someone who doesn't end every post with "GO SABRES!!"......I am often singled out and have to take on multiple comers because of my critical views.

Again. It's my choice to post here....when allowed. If I am not comfortable with it, I will withhold my input.

That's not because you're critical, it's because you're wrong :P ;)

Quite simply, I respect her privacy. Some may find that odd, but I presume they are not attractive young ladies. She has her reasons and I accept them. I also think positive things have happened in her life coincidental to her time here. That's great news because she is good peeps. I hope she has momentum.

She has access to the public messages posted here, nothing really more than that. She knows as much as what is written here as any daily reader does (save for any posts that may get deleted). I have zero reservations regarding anything she does professionally in her private life (other than wishing her success).

Now why would I find that offensive? That's rhetorical, by the way.

I am every bit as critical of the Sabres' lack of success as you are. And every bit as pissed off and disgusted by the lack of it. GO SABRES!!! is nothing more than an affirmation. As upset as I am at them not winning the cup, I want them to GO none the less.

One can be disappointed without having the compulsion to condescend and otherwise be a prick about it.

I think your obsession with chz is unhealthy.

GO SABRES!!!

The Penn State/Pegula relationship is incredibly interesting. I think GODD has established enough to warrant questions being asked, if not because Pegula happens to own the Sabres, but because he is a (as in any) big business guy with proven direct connections and influence, that of which has been completely buried and ignored.

In fact, the entire story has been buried and nearly forgotten by the entire country thanks to whatever carpet-sweeping was done in the aftermath and Paterno's death.

I would imagine if the circumstances were different, but the impact just as significant, the story would be allowed to live.

But like the Obama Administration, people are willing to just forget it because it disrupts the (fake) narrative.

And there are other interesting Pegula-related questions that never get asked except for when GODD, or some other folk here, raise them in a random post...like, what's the deal with the Harbour Centre? Pegula said he wasn't going to do something like that.

Seriously, after reading the aftermath of GODD's banning, there is no way he was banned for the biscuit comment. That would be hypocritical.

So I can only conclude that some people are sick of seeing the questions asked, regardless of their validity. I think some people don't like those questions being asked because the black mark on the storybook pages is too large; the potential reality of the answers is too much to bear. It's better to think the questions are ridiculous than what the answers may be. This is Washington-style political cleansing.

We can handle a crappy team, because its "our" team, but shut up with the questions. Maybe I'm not reading all of the posts, but I haven't seen a blatant accusation that would equal defamation. If researching details and asking questions about those details is defamation, I would imagine we'd see a lot more lawsuits than we do.

If we're not allowed to venture beyond the dry-erase board in the locker room, great, let us know.

I wish I had not read the thread after the ban, I was happy believing it was about the biscuit comment.

Quite simply, I respect her privacy. Some may find that odd, but I presume they are not attractive young ladies. She has her reasons and I accept them. I also think positive things have happened in her life coincidental to her time here. That's great news because she is good peeps. I hope she has momentum.

She has access to the public messages posted here, nothing really more than that. She knows as much as what is written here as any daily reader does (save for any posts that may get deleted). I have zero reservations regarding anything she does professionally in her private life (other than wishing her success).

Fair enough. Thanks for your elaboration.

Over the years my biggest concern has been about conflict of interest. That concern subsided over the past few years as the putrid results of the team pretty much brought 95% of us to the same point of somewhere between disappointment and disgust. It's hard to get worked up about someone being critical when you don't believe in the product yourself. I think your own postings have proven no underlying motive on your part.

The question becomes censoring of material because it shows members of the organization in a critical or unflattering way. We were told at one point that criticizing Pegula was not going to be tolerated because his daughters were on the board. Well.....what if I told you Brad Marchand was my cousin? Or that Brendan Shannhan was my uncle? Should I be forced to read the dozens of insults and allegations lobbed their way?

Now I would never do that. I look at the commentary, look at the information at hand, look deeper if necessary, and form my own opinion. I don't mind when people disagree with any of my opinions, or present commentary of their own. For the most part if I think it is hogwash, I just ignore it. If I ever do have a beef, it is usually in an instance like this, where a question of bias in censorship comes about.

I have no problem with Chz and wish her well. I have on multiple occasions, attempted to open dialogue on board issues with her, but with no feedback. As far as her private life goes....I don't care who she is. She could be Gary Puffpaff for all I care. She deserves privacy.

She says she has credentials. If not from here, then where? It would be nice to know. And if you can get credentials by hosting a blog, I would think this place has as good of a chance as any to get credentials. Multiple posters here say they have them. As much as I hate pimping of one's website, at least SportsBuff and DStebb have given full disclosure.

However Chz gets credentials, it's his/her private information, and it does not need to be disclosed. As Chz said, that privilege is rarely used anyways.

The whole thing sounds cooler than it actually is. It's a much better experience being in the crowd.

Additionally, the club doesn't just grant any blog access. There is limited seats, and the more important media gets first dibs.

What on earth could anyone do with the info/theories/opinions that are posted here?

And why would anyone care if anything posted here was used by another media source?

No one has any expectation of privacy or property rights relating to anything posted here.

Again, for the most part I have no problem....but considering under her INTERESTS on her profile, includes SEX and TASERS......any ban for supposed vulgarity is laughable.

I got no dog in this fight and I like the idea of chz. But I would agree with you on how VERY hypocritical the comments can be considering she holds all the power. And how can she admonish people considering her use of vocabulary along the way here? Do some people really think chz may be a guy? Really? Not me. Not in my dreams lol!!!

Again though in deference to Scott, I don't own this place. That said, if I did I would want someone like chz to rule the place. Capable, competent and who knows what else? :-0 I can live with it. Hope you do too!

How is this somehow about me? I'm just a chick who digs hockey. I have no agenda other than to enjoy the sport and MY Sabres. Yeah, I said MY. Benson was on a board with at least a dozen other guys who weren't informed of what was going on. I trust he, as well as TPegs, would have done the right thing if informed. If someone has some insider factual info, bring it, I'd like to know. Otherwise STFU. <<non-mod STFU. As for censorship? Bull hockey.

And thanks to those with kind words. Let us get back to hockey.

How is this somehow about me? I'm just a chick who digs hockey. I have no agenda other than to enjoy the sport and MY Sabres. Yeah, I said MY. Benson was on a board with at least a dozen other guys who weren't informed of what was going on. I trust he, as well as TPegs, would have done the right thing if informed. If someone has some insider factual info, bring it, I'd like to know. Otherwise STFU. <<non-mod STFU. As for censorship? Bull hockey.

This reminds me of when you have to move the nets, so that a car can go by...

I remember growing up and the street, plowed, but not salted would allow us to skate on it. GAME ON!

Rochester Ice Storm, 1991.

I was a little kid, but I ice skated all over the city, against my mothers wishes, and avoiding all the downed power lines.

Ahhhhh, memories.

It's about you because like, you're the oppressive moderator silencing the voice of the people, man.

She says she has credentials. If not from here, then where? It would be nice to know. And if you can get credentials by hosting a blog, I would think this place has as good of a chance as any to get credentials. Multiple posters here say they have them. As much as I hate pimping of one's website, at least SportsBuff and DStebb have given full disclosure.

As it is, for as much as certain people mock my thought process, I have seen those same people run to the media with my theory on things on occasion. I really don't care....it just makes me grin.

And I'm not trying to make this about Chz. She warned me about Cliff Benson postings. I just wish when she banned me she could have said that was the reason because that is more valid than saying it was because of a reference to an unbecoming team activity involving a baked good. There are a dozen posts a day that could get slapped for more than that. I accept what my "punishment" was and like I said, a lot of people don't want to hear about Penn State and the Sabres, so I will accept that also. Like dudacek said, you can't save the world.

I missed the post where the claim of having credentials was originally made, but I'll take you at your word on that one. Anyway, the media section of these arenas has strict rules about no cheering so I can see why someone would want to blur that line between press and fan as much as possible. I know a lot of press and other connected people in the college hockey world and they're always very careful to protect that privacy. It pretty much always gets ugly fast if any previous fan affiliations are found out. To try and protect that is a no brainer move for anyone with a press pass.

That it was even mentioned in the first place is probably something that is regretted.

How do threads at times track back to curiosity over a hockey-savvy moderator of a substantially all-male message board whose online persona is presented as a super attractive 20 something blonde who's into sex and tasers? How indeed. Mysteries will never cease.

As for insider factual information, I don't imagine anyone is going to come forward with any. But there remains a valid area of inquiry on why the Sabres chose to deal with Cliff Benson's undoubtedly laudable and admirable involvement in Sandusky's charity by re-writing his (Benson's) team bio so as to remove any reference thereto at the same time that Pegula was publicly calling for truth and accountability on all matters related to the travesty.

My point is not to suggest that there's a Hollywood psychological thriller revelation to be had. My point is that the honest, forthright, and courageous thing to do is (would have been) to address the matter with candor and then move on.

And there are other interesting Pegula-related questions that never get asked except for when GODD, or some other folk here, raise them in a random post...like, what's the deal with the Harbour Centre? Pegula said he wasn't going to do something like that.

Seriously, after reading the aftermath of GODD's banning, there is no way he was banned for the biscuit comment. That would be hypocritical.

Hi! Over here! I'm not some other folk. And I don't raise questions randomly. I've consistently tried to get people to think critically about Pegula. It makes sense for us as a fan base to do so because of how the two previous owners disappointed us in different ways after starting off as toasts of the town. Remember?

The really interesting question I have about Pegula is whether he's a placeholder owner for someone else to come, probably his kids. Most people assume the gravy train is going to continue, but with talk of "financial viability" for future owners, I am wondering if it's already grinding to a halt. Is this rebuilding a genuine effort to win the Cup or all about the bottom line?

Ghost's ban also raises an interesting question. Is chz affiliated with the Sabres? Sometimes I've gotten a whiff of that. It seems like a non-issue, because a lot of us are allowed to robustly criticize the team, but in this case, maybe the idea was to put the lid on the Benson issue. In a way, I think we as posters deserve to know if she is. On the other hand, it is her own business and there's a privacy issue. SDS might not even know himself. It's really up to them what to disclose.

I thank them both for giving us this great community, along with GoBillsinDallas and the other mods. I'm sure Scott is a normal guy and often must sit back and just shake his head at the thing he created. Lord, forgive us for eating the apple.

Hi! Over here! I'm not some other folk. And I don't raise questions randomly. I've consistently tried to get people to think critically about Pegula. It makes sense for us as a fan base to do so because of how the two previous owners disappointed us in different ways after starting off as toasts of the town. Remember?

My previous two exes cheated on me, therefore i must become paranoid, bug my current girlfriend's phone and demand to see all her messages? Also, what did TG do wrong? He admitted to being a place holder. His role was to step in and keep the team in Buffalo. It was obvious he never really cared for the team - hence why he ran the team as a business. But he never let the fans down

I'm currently working on my own Pegula theory. I haven't worked out all the details but the basic premise is that he is a 7ft reptilian overlord

Oh I get it. Pegula is Girgensons. Kind of like Bruce wayne is to Batman. Cause I was trying to figure out why everyones talking about Pegula and his butler Benson and this all makes sense now. You go Girgs ! Save the world.

She could be Gary Puffpaff for all I care. She deserves privacy.

So Chz could be my high school football coach? :lol:

Seriously though, it doesn't matter to me who Chz or any of you other jackholes are. :nana: It's likely that our board personas and real life ones probably aren't all that close and I really don't expect to ever meet any of you anyway.

edit: I take that back. I did meet Drunkard once, but that's only because he goes to games with his board handle plastered on his jersey.

Archived