Round one Pick #14. Girgensons

spndnchz

I really wish all draftees were like this one. You sign your contract, it's either the NHL or AHL. Not, you have a contract, see you in 3 years. Gonna be happy either way since I go to Amerks games if he doesn't make the big club.

I am selfishly hoping he doesn't make the Sabres for this reason. I am really looking forward to watching this kid at the BCA this fall.

That won't happen. He has shot down the CHL on several occasions already. He was not going to leave Vermont to head north. He will play in Rochester.

Right. He did say that part of what changed his mind on Vermont was hearing the Sabres' plan for him...if that plan included sending him to Kelowna, I can't imagine he'd have signed his contract.

My expectations are extraordinarily low

Why? He is a big kid with playmaking skill. He can center the third line and take advantage of matchup problems or play on Luke Adam's wing. He should be playing hard to try to make the big club so we should see a "contract year" type of performance from him in Rochester

Why? He is a big kid with playmaking skill. He can center the third line and take advantage of matchup problems or play on Luke Adam's wing. He should be playing hard to try to make the big club so we should see a "contract year" type of performance from him in Rochester

My hopes have been beaten into submission from years of organizational failure.

Girgensons has a huge performance bonus. One of the biggest I've seen at $700,000.

So based on capgeek; he gets that each year of the contract? (depending on what 'performance' he has to meet)

That could impact how many games he plays in the big league.

So based on capgeek; he gets that each year of the contract? (depending on what 'performance' he has to meet)

That could impact how many games he plays in the big league.

That bonus can be based on most anything. Goals, games, points...

Archived