Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I would say that WalMart is awesome. I know they are the great Satan and they are solely responsible for the closing of each and every single mom and pop store in the last however many decades but they may be the only thing keeping the poor and middle class viable.

I went there after work yesterday and picked up the girlfriend some goodies for valentine's day including:

A dozen red roses

An overpriced hallmark card (no kidding, I'm looking at the receipt now and the card alone was $8.97)

Variety box of Ferrer Rocher (or however you spell it) Chocolate candies - probably 20 pieces

Another smaller box of Ferrero Rocher, just the hazelnut flavor - probably 10 pieces

Pretty good sized stuffed animal lady bug

Total price including tax was $46.72

Walmart rules. The people at 1-800 flowers and all those other websites and florists can all give each other aids. Bunch of overpriced con artists. 

Very cool.

My first job out of school was at Bell Aerospace.  I wasn't designing booster rockets right out of school, but I got to test a few and report out.  Been all down hill ever since.  :P

My grandfather worked there as well.  He worked with Chuck Yeager's brother.  He was an Engineer at Bell.  He met Chuck back in the X plane days.

It's a small world. Had a Grand Dad and Uncle there. Grand Dad was an engineer also. Still have a few of his measuring tools from his time there.

Edited by skogslopp

Maybe you guys heard about the two cops shot and killed in OH last weekend. That was just a couple towns over from me, maybe 20 min. Obviously that is FAR from an awesome situation for this thread.

But what is awesome is pulled pork. And people with big hearts. And people with big hearts that serve pulled pork!

A local BBQ joint is serving "pay what you want" pulled pork sandwiches all weekend.100% of donations going directly to the officers' families. 

Maybe you guys heard about the two cops shot and killed in OH last weekend. That was just a couple towns over from me, maybe 20 min. Obviously that is FAR from an awesome situation for this thread.

But what is awesome is pulled pork. And people with big hearts. And people with big hearts that serve pulled pork!

A local BBQ joint is serving "pay what you want" pulled pork sandwiches all weekend.100% of donations going directly to the officers' families. 

Anytime, in today's world, when someone offers to help out someone after a tragedy I think it is awesome. 

You know what else is awesome. The kids who were victims in Florida speaking out against people like Tomi Lahren on social media. It's time for change and if lawmakers aren't willing then we will get new lawmakers. 

I might definitely have some cool news regarding this soon.... but check it out! This is a graphic novel in partnership with the NWHL- art done by pro comic artists, and the publisher/creative team is here in Buffalo. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698370626/kicking-ice-a-graphic-novel-about-womens-hockey?ref=9exz2w

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

I might definitely have some cool news regarding this soon.... but check it out! This is a graphic novel in partnership with the NWHL- art done by pro comic artists, and the publisher/creative team is here in Buffalo. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698370626/kicking-ice-a-graphic-novel-about-womens-hockey?ref=9exz2w

Very cool! Already fully funded, too!

EDIT:But people should still donate!

Edited by sabelvilhelm

Landed a summer internship at Stony Brook University. 

Nice.

I applied there for grad school, got a "Congratulations!" acceptance letter....

...to their master's program, provided I pay 30k per year to get that degree. 

I was bitter about the way they did that for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleet has closed our campus for three days in a row. The undergrads cheered and rushed home to party and game. We cheered and hunkered down in the office until midnight, this will be the third night in a row of that, to finish this Quantum assignment from hell. I'll have 30 hours and 30+ sheets of paper into this thing by the time it's handed in..But it really is awesome, because it's nice to have time to really focus and not have to get up every 45 minutes for a class or a meeting.

Kind of cool.

And I'm really digging your avatar, Jo.

That is a generous depiction of my "lawn."

Stony Brook is actually a bit of a hike from Brooklyn -- close to a 2-hour drive, depending on traffic. 

OTOH, if you like the beach, you're not too far from some great beaches.

I like the beach just fine. My pale Irish and German skin? Not so much :lol:

Nice.

I applied there for grad school, got a "Congratulations!" acceptance letter....

...to their master's program, provided I pay 30k per year to get that degree. 

I was bitter about the way they did that for a long time.

That's pretty weak.

The first episode of Season 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead aired last night. It felt like it was over in a flash, but that may be because I'm used to binge watching episode after episode. Solid episode overall but the best part to me was that based on the season previews Lee Majors will return to Season 3 as Ash's Dad in ghost form. I'm glad they are keeping him involved with the show. Welcome back, Lee.

Lee+Majors+IMDb+Yacht+San+Diego+Comic+Co

Dogs. Dogs are awesome. 

We recently got a Furbo- it's a dog camera with two-way audio so you can see and talk to your dog remotely. Really high quality video too. I don't ever talk to her, but I do take advantage of my favorite feature: the treat launcher. You can put little treats or even food into the reservoir. Press a button on your phone, and it will spray your dog with treats lol. On days that I can't make it home for lunch, it's nice to check in and give her a little snack.

My dog has her own bed, and she's also allowed on all furniture. She has a favorite spot on the couch, but also likes my chair and her bed. She moves around and is always somewhere different when I check in on her. But the other day my wife left a hoodie on the couch. And the dog slept on that hoodie all day. I wasn't sure if it was coincidence, or she misses us and sleeps on our clothes for the scent. So I tested it today by putting out a different jacket in a place she never lays... You can probably guess where she's laying right now :)

Dogs. Dogs are awesome. 

We recently got a Furbo- it's a dog camera with two-way audio so you can see and talk to your dog remotely. Really high quality video too. I don't ever talk to her, but I do take advantage of my favorite feature: the treat launcher. You can put little treats or even food into the reservoir. Press a button on your phone, and it will spray your dog with treats lol. On days that I can't make it home for lunch, it's nice to check in and give her a little snack.

My dog has her own bed, and she's also allowed on all furniture. She has a favorite spot on the couch, but also likes my chair and her bed. She moves around and is always somewhere different when I check in on her. But the other day my wife left a hoodie on the couch. And the dog slept on that hoodie all day. I wasn't sure if it was coincidence, or she misses us and sleeps on our clothes for the scent. So I tested it today by putting out a different jacket in a place she never lays... You can probably guess where she's laying right now :)

My dog does this all the time. If I leave clothes in the bathroom after showering, she will always grab said clothes and bring them downstairs and use them as a bed. We routinely come home after work to her sleeping on my pants/shirt. Doesn't chew them or ruin them at all, just brings them to her spot.