Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I'm convinced that the experience of listening to LPs is so great for one reason, there isn't one of these.

attachicon.gif636486-200.png

You're forced to just slow down, and take it all in,... cuz I ain't pullin' my fat azz out o this chair to change the song...

I like to think this forced artists to make more complete albums, or at least album sides. 

I like to think this forced artists to make more complete albums, or at least album sides. 

While my eye test says that that is most likely true, I'm thinking the advanced stats would tell me a different story. I think there have always been artists that think in terms of songs and those that think in terms of albums.

I'm curious as to what people feel about the EP. I used to hate them. I fealt like I was being cheated out of music. But in this digital distribution world we now live in, I kinda like them and a lot of the groups I find myself listening to use them. 

While my eye test says that that is most likely true, I'm thinking the advanced stats would tell me a different story. I think there have always been artists that think in terms of songs and those that think in terms of albums.

I'm curious as to what people feel about the EP. I used to hate them. I fealt like I was being cheated out of music. But in this digital distribution world we now live in, I kinda like them and a lot of the groups I find myself listening to use them. 

I like EP's a lot. Give me all the music. 

I am 100% a song guy vs an album guy. I'll listen to the 3 or 4 tunes I want to hear and then swap CDs. As for how I feel about the EP? Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains is the end all be all for me.

Kill at Will by Ice Cube was pretty good too.

My buddy doesn't use any juice and hasn't got a cleaner yet. He just uses an anti-static carbon fiber brush before he plays an LP.

He gets all his info from the Facebook group Vinyl Junkies.

Okay, I might start with one of them antistatic brushes and see where that takes me.

this is what makes the internet awesome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/7ld0l2/my_friend_ran_into_dave_grohl_at_a_michaels_craft/?st=JBQRH8YW&sh=cd28b76b

The laughs begin about 1/3 of the way down the comments section.

There goes my hero. Watch him as he sews.

Is someone sewing a vest! A vest! A vest for you??

I've got a decoration to make...

...I need your spool

Were you born to attaaaaaach, or free the glue?

Gimme some rope I'm threading loose

Hxw0-ptKzhL5InVX6fGoUnqPols4xNxNVhUrMGxu

Edited by We've

I just got a Christmas card from the parents of my soon-to-be ex-brother in-law's wife's parents. (I know, there should be a diagram). It was a really nice note, basically saying they hope things are going well all things considered.

Anyway, no idea why they'd take the time, other than they are perhaps the nicest people on the planet. I spend all day dealing with, for the most part, the worst humanity has to offer. It's somewhat troubling, and yet awesome, that a single act of kindness can knock me over this hard.

Perhaps everything should not be set on fire yet...

I just got a Christmas card from the parents of my soon-to-be ex-brother in-law's wife's parents. (I know, there should be a diagram). It was a really nice note, basically saying they hope things are going well all things considered.

Not wanting to sound goofy but wouldn't that make them your sister's parents which would then be Yours??

Having said that there is a term for your wife's siblings, sister in law, brother in law, but what is the correct terminology for their spouses?? Which I'm guessing is who you meant. 

My sister in laws spouse?? Gotta be something better than that. 

Having said all that, that is pretty cool of them to reach out to you!!

Not wanting to sound goofy but wouldn't that make them your sister's parents which would then be Yours??

Having said that there is a term for your wife's siblings, sister in law, brother in law, but what is the correct terminology for their spouses?? Which I'm guessing is who you meant. 

My sister in laws spouse?? Gotta be something better than that. 

Having said all that, that is pretty cool of them to reach out to you!!

I think you are confused.

I'm not sure if it's my new monitor or I never noticed before, but for the GOTY videos youtube keeps giving me 720p60 or 1080p60 video options (60 frames per second) and, ohhhh mmyyyy, is it pretty.

Also: new monitor is awesome. It's a relatively cheap 27" 4K LG, but it's just so nice to work on. If I end up work from home 100%, I'd be really tempted to get a second one.

Skating has been going well. I’m close to where I left off. My extra weight gain seems directly proportionate to the tightness of my turns. I’m getting way more bight on my edges which has made stops something to practice. I actually had a dude around my age stop and comment on how good my footwork was. That made me feel pretty damn good. My feet are telling me they remember the footwork for backwards. I’ve played around with a bit and almost believe them....giggidy.

I'm available if there's a trip to the maldives in the bargain.

Pshhhh, NOW, you tell me

Skating has been going well. I’m close to where I left off. My extra weight gain seems directly proportionate to the tightness of my turns. I’m getting way more bight on my edges which has made stops something to practice. I actually had a dude around my age stop and comment on how good my footwork was. That made me feel pretty damn good. My feet are telling me they remember the footwork for backwards. I’ve played around with a bit and almost believe them....giggidy.

Be careful, last time I got a little cocky on skates, I dumped hard and separated my shoulder, sigh

Pshhhh, NOW, you tell me

Be careful, last time I got a little cocky on skates, I dumped hard and separated my shoulder, sigh

That's.. not how you skate. 

So after a couple hours of what my friend calls "percussive maintenance", we were able to install a couple extra sticks of ram into my computer last night. Adobe (all my art programs) had updated and have grown huuuuge and slowed the thing down to a crawl. 

It's at ludicrous speed now. I draw a line, no lag. I open a new file, mere seconds, no freezing, no spinning wheel of death. It's glorious. I actually want to be productive now.