Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

When my generation was their age we were too busy watching Viva La Bam and drinking Red Bull by the gallon.

I was in 6th grade when Columbine happened and things changed. But these kids have been dealing with this BS since their first day of school. They see the election of Trump as a failure of the adults to do anything right, and they see growing up with school shootings as more of the same thing.

My generation thought things would be figured out by now. Their generation doesn't trust anyone older than them to figure anything out. They're coming for us, and we're either going to have to join them or get out of the way.

IDK, the generation stuff is mostly bulls*** to me. Don't put so much on these kids. They'll have good and bad like the rest of us.

Our generation did a lot to fight for LGBTQ and made some big strides there. We were watching the Daily Show and hating on the Bush administration. It was less obvious fighting, maybe a little more subversive, trying to change the culture. Our generation elected Obama. We did some good.

What this group is doing is INCREDIBLE. Being so outspoken at such a young age is amazing. Just remember that the Baby Boomers were fighting Vietnam and marching for Civil Rights and all that back in the '60's. Look where they are now.

The real lesson is that we all get older and more comfortable, its always the kids that have to do the pushing. Millenials, Xers, and Boomers have to be there to support them, raise their voices, and actually go vote. The young change the culture, the old have to change the laws.

Edited by sabelvilhelm

We have a 10X10 covered patio that we just had the framing installed to make it a screen porch yesterday.  That room's going to be great once the spring weather shows up.  What wasn't awesome was being outside until 10:30 last night painting.  Even with that, I only got through half of the first of 3 coats of paint.

We have a 10X10 covered patio that we just had the framing installed to make it a screen porch yesterday. That room's going to be great once the spring weather shows up. What wasn't awesome was being outside until 10:30 last night painting. Even with that, I only got through half of the first of 3 coats of paint.

At least it is warm enough to be painting there....

Edited by We've

At least it is warm enough to be painting there....

By the time 10:30 rolled around, it definitely wasn't.  We've been well below average for a couple weeks.  But that actually made it much easier.  I probably could have worked very comfortably until around 3 am if I wanted to.  It goes back to seasonal today though, so I'm guessing it won't be as relaxing this time around.

By the time 10:30 rolled around, it definitely wasn't. We've been well below average for a couple weeks. But that actually made it much easier. I probably could have worked very comfortably until around 3 am if I wanted to. It goes back to seasonal today though, so I'm guessing it won't be as relaxing this time around.

Paint won’t even cure properly here right now...

Spent all day skiing with my son. Came home to watch opening day baseball. Then I had chicken tenders and ramen like the large child that I am. Sure, I'll watch a few minutes of the sabres game tonight, but they can't possibly ruin this day.

Can't play videos embedded in Twitter. Taro and I might share the same browsers.

What's happening there? Quite intriguing.

Hasek sends a text to Marty Biron, letting him know that the Sabres are giving out Hasek bobble heads to fans April 4. As he stands up, it gets revealed that he's "typing" with his goalie glove and blocker on. Camera shifts to Biron and Duff, getting ready for broadcast. Duff is polishing his bald head with a makeup buffer brush thing. Biron looks at his phone and opens it so he and Duff can see the message. It says something like 

"dsfsaewwww cjsoiiiijiiaw fsansidconwaiwenf sfhiawehwf fsoajejlkj;"

Marty says something like "He's really excited about his bobble head."

Duff: "How can you tell?"

Marty: "Eh, it's a goalie thing."

Camera pans back and Marty has goalie pads on under his suit, giving his legs a warmup-shake.

Edited by Randall Flagg