Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

GD it, Woody, you were right. Ended up bruising my damn hip Friday.

I decided my body needs a break from the gym so to get my endorphins I decided I’d get the 4 wheeler out. Once I blazed my 1/4 mile track things got fast. Loooove riding in mud and I get an even bigger drift-rush in the snow. After 3 hours there was plenty of mud stirred up so I got all I desired. What a friggin great day. I must have had 3 foot banks built up in the corners!

I tried my hand at plumbing today. I'm pretty much a prodigy. Pulled out a non working toilet, put in a new one. Pulled out a porcelain sink, replaced it with a utility sink. My laundry room off my man cave now has a working sh!tter and sink! No more trips up 2 flights of stairs to break the seal! Awesome!!!

Full disclosure: My wife helped the whole way.

If it's possible to be in love with a restaurant chain, I think I'm in love with Tim Horton's. I'm a recent convert to coffee (I decided that the switch from Diet Coke to coffee would be a positive one), and I like their coffee. Small double double does me up nice. With an old fashioned glazed donut, or two.

Their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good as well.

I think it makes me feel Canadian, and I like that.

If it's possible to be in love with a restaurant chain, I think I'm in love with Tim Horton's. I'm a recent convert to coffee (I decided that the switch from Diet Coke to coffee would be a positive one), and I like their coffee. Small double double does me up nice. With an old fashioned glazed donut, or two.

Their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good as well.

I think it makes me feel Canadian, and I like that.

A lot of people crap on Tim Hortons coffee, but I like it. It reminds me of high school/college. We used to spend a lot of time sitting around Tim's late at night drinking coffee and bullshitting because it was the cheapest way to get out of the house.

I also like their breakfast sandwiches. Mediocre donuts, but that's how it goes. 

I tried my hand at plumbing today. I'm pretty much a prodigy. Pulled out a non working toilet, put in a new one. Pulled out a porcelain sink, replaced it with a utility sink. My laundry room off my man cave now has a working sh!tter and sink! No more trips up 2 flights of stairs to break the seal! Awesome!!!

Full disclosure: My wife helped the whole way.

Ambitious stuff.  Good job.

Not to rain on your parade PA, but Tims is the worst of the worst coffee.  I encourage to start drinking real coffee.

I don't know from coffee. Any recommendations? Store brands? I have a coffeemaker at home.

A lot of people crap on Tim Hortons coffee, but I like it. It reminds me of high school/college. We used to spend a lot of time sitting around Tim's late at night drinking coffee and bullshitting because it was the cheapest way to get out of the house.

I also like their breakfast sandwiches. Mediocre donuts, but that's how it goes. 

I'm not sure there are mediocre donuts. I'd go with a good-better-best scale.

Here's a link to an Instragram Video of someone I know getting a little stick-and-puck work in at the Water Gardens in Downtown Fort Worth this morning.  This is normally a pool/fountain kind of place, but after getting down to 20 last night and 13 the night before, the ice is thick enough to skate on.

The Water Gardens were used in the 1976 movie Logan's Run.

lr3a.jpg

I don't know from coffee. Any recommendations? Store brands? I have a coffeemaker at home.

That's fair.

Don't sweat the coffee snobbery. Do I French press fancy stuff at home? Yes, because I'm subjected to the giant tubs of Folgers at work which is barely acceptable. Tim's and Dunkin are a step up from that.

I like to buy the big bags of Dunkin coffee at Wegmans. A good drip coffee value in my opinion.

Yesh!!  A coffee maker.  They are for amateurs.

Next time I am in PA I will make you a real coffee.  Bosnian, or Turkish, is the only way to go.

I do like Lavazza Espresso, but I make it in the Turkish style.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_coffee

And ... NO SUGAR!!  IMO, it ruins the taste of the coffee in it's purest form.

Next time I am in PA I will make you a real coffee.  Bosnian, or Turkish, is the only way to go.

Mm. Had me some Turkish coffee once- not sure if it was proper but it was pretty darn special tasting to me. I miss coffee. I'd drink that stuff black or make it even more bitter with espresso shots. 

Maybe someday I can coax my body into accepting very small cups once in a while. 

Once you get used to making coffee Turkish style, which there is a learning process and a knack to, you can make it with any coffee.  Turkish coffee is a very fine grind, which makes it a bit easier to make, but I can make with any coffee, except instant ( :sick: ), of course.  I am like a Turkish, or Bosnian, grandmother.

It's a Mr. Coffee. Does that move your needle?

No sugar?!

Seattle's Best makes pretty good coffee and is easy to find.  Lots of good stuff out there, but it'll largely be a matter of taste depending on how dark you like your coffee.

Edited by biotönt

No sugar.

...if you're drinking coffee per se.  If you're drinking a coffee drink (like mocha or Cappucino) that calls for sugar, then yeah, you can have your sugar.

You coffee people. Coffee with cream and sugar isn't coffee?

Seattle's Best makes pretty good coffee and is easy to find.  Lots of good stuff out there, but it'll largely be a matter of taste depending on how dark you like your coffee.

I kind of don't want to taste the coffee all that much.

NS just fainted.

You coffee people. Coffee with cream and sugar isn't coffee?

It is, but......

I'm no expert; if I "drink coffee" it's typically black, no cream, no sugar.  I used to use both but as NS said, you don't taste the coffee that way.  The taste of *just coffee* is an acquired taste for many; a lot of people start out drowning it with other stuff and then peel that stuff back until they're down to black coffee.

At other times, I "go out for coffee" which means go to a coffee house and order something.  My preferences are mocha or Cappuccino but kind of think of them as dessert drinks and not coffee as such.  That might be just me though, so forget what I said upthread.

In fact, ignore everything I say.  I make most of it up anyway.

It is, but......

I'm no expert; if I "drink coffee" it's typically black, no cream, no sugar.  I used to use both but as NS said, you don't taste the coffee that way.  The taste of *just coffee* is an acquired taste for many; a lot of people start out drowning it with other stuff and then peel that stuff back until they're down to black coffee.

At other times, I "go out for coffee" which means go to a coffee house and order something.  My preferences are mocha or Cappuccino but kind of think of them as dessert drinks and not coffee as such.  That might be just me though, so forget what I said upthread.

In fact, ignore everything I say.  I make most of it up anyway.

Nothing wrong with a rectal extraction of facts or anecdotal evidence. To each his/her own. I broke the glass on my coffee pot 10+ years ago and I've made nothing but instant coffee in my house ever since. I like not having to buy filters or clean the coffee pot or the machine out. I don't use sugar, but I usually buy the Dunkin Donuts brand coffee creamer and it has sugar in it already.

My girlfriend won a Keurig at work from some contest (she's the store manager for one of the local DD's here) last winter and the thing has never been out of the box. I would have tried to convince her to return it to Walmart for store credit but I couldn't get all the extra stickers off the damn box. She'll probably end up giving it to someone else for a bday or xmas present because it's just taking up closet space now.