Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Y'all are awesome. Thanks so much. I'll feel a bit less nervous in two weeks if they keep me. But even so- I already feel like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders. 

Welcome to the world of being just another tool for the Man.

:D

Welcome to the world of being just another tool for the Man.

:D

It's... good...? to be back. 

Nothing can be as dysfunctional as my last job. If I could make it through that for 5 years I can handle a couple weeks of being completely confused. I swear to god I have ptsd from that nightmare. Not to lessen the experience of those with actual ptsd, mind you. But yeah, I get nauseous anytime I see posts by those people or about game design in general.  :sick:

These guys are already paying me just shy of what I was making at my zenith at the last place. Last place- started at 5/hr, denied benefits for 2 years, after 3 years was paid significantly less than college interns who were answering to me, no training or onboarding. New place- not even full time yet, but everything's laid out nicely. 

I'll take it. I'd watch paint dry if they paid me. 

Last Friday I was able to take a 3 day weekend for a snowboarding trip with a friend down to Taos, NM.  We'd originally planned on riding there Sat./Sun., but after looking at how bad the snowpack was in that area, I started looking at other resorts we could hit along the way.  We ended up going to Wolf Creek (southern CO) on Friday afternoon, and as luck would have it, they'd gotten 10" of snow the night before.  Easily the best day I've ever had on a snowboard, and I finally "get it" about why people are obsessed with chasing powder.  That day will sustain me through the middle of summer when I'm dreaming of snow.   :wub:

It's... good...? to be back.

Nothing can be as dysfunctional as my last job. If I could make it through that for 5 years I can handle a couple weeks of being completely confused. I swear to god I have ptsd from that nightmare. Not to lessen the experience of those with actual ptsd, mind you. But yeah, I get nauseous anytime I see posts by those people or about game design in general. :sick:

These guys are already paying me just shy of what I was making at my zenith at the last place. Last place- started at 5/hr, denied benefits for 2 years, after 3 years was paid significantly less than college interns who were answering to me, no training or onboarding. New place- not even full time yet, but everything's laid out nicely.

I'll take it. I'd watch paint dry if they paid me.

Toxic work enviros suck... Im in a good one though not paid as much as some other hospitals with my skills. Still worth not having to pay emotionally for toxicity... family friends and sanity much more important. Congrats Josie and always keep your ears open.. Even if to appreciate the good spot you’ve found. Edited by North Buffalo

Last Friday I was able to take a 3 day weekend for a snowboarding trip with a friend down to Taos, NM.  We'd originally planned on riding there Sat./Sun., but after looking at how bad the snowpack was in that area, I started looking at other resorts we could hit along the way.  We ended up going to Wolf Creek (southern CO) on Friday afternoon, and as luck would have it, they'd gotten 10" of snow the night before.  Easily the best day I've ever had on a snowboard, and I finally "get it" about why people are obsessed with chasing powder.  That day will sustain me through the middle of summer when I'm dreaming of snow.   :wub:

You are a menace to society.

Edited by Eleven

At their age, I couldn't find my ass with both hands. Hell, even now I need to back up to a full length mirror. God bless them.

When my generation was their age we were too busy watching Viva La Bam and drinking Red Bull by the gallon.

I was in 6th grade when Columbine happened and things changed. But these kids have been dealing with this BS since their first day of school. They see the election of Trump as a failure of the adults to do anything right, and they see growing up with school shootings as more of the same thing.

My generation thought things would be figured out by now. Their generation doesn't trust anyone older than them to figure anything out. They're coming for us, and we're either going to have to join them or get out of the way.

When my generation was their age we were too busy watching Viva La Bam and drinking Red Bull by the gallon.

I was in 6th grade when Columbine happened and things changed. But these kids have been dealing with this BS since their first day of school. They see the election of Trump as a failure of the adults to do anything right, and they see growing up with school shootings as more of the same thing.

My generation thought things would be figured out by now. Their generation doesn't trust anyone older than them to figure anything out. They're coming for us, and we're either going to have to join them or get out of the way.

I, for one, welcome our new Teenage Overlords. Unfortunately, I'll be lined up against a wall for not using a GIF to say that.