Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Has it ever happened that the two teams that met in the very first game of an NFL season also met in the very last game? 

Not QUITE the same as what you're asking, but the Bills hosted the Jints in both teams' 1st preseason games back in '90.  (And Jints went 4-0 in the preseason and the Bills went 0-4.  Preseason is SO important.)

• Haha (+1) 1

Joe Brady fixed the run game and it was a huge plus. He also put Josh’s legs back in the playbook and it worked.

The thing the Bills need to remember though is that their “fastball” is the passing game. Josh will need more help.  Kincaid’s sophomore year will be trending up and Shakir catches everything. Diggs drop off the second half is concerning (hello Kincaid uptrend in production) but I don’t think he’s washed.

Re-establish the fastball (Harty & Sheffield gave them nothing…take new shots at it).  Inevitably, they’ll be fine because Josh is an alien.  They just need to hit on a UFA WR2 or early draft WR pick. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Joe Brady fixed the run game and it was a huge plus. He also put Josh’s legs back in the playbook and it worked.

The thing the Bills need to remember though is that their “fastball” is the passing game. Josh will need more help.  Kincaid’s sophomore year will be trending up and Shakir catches everything. Diggs drop off the second half is concerning (hello Kincaid uptrend in production) but I don’t think he’s washed.

Re-establish the fastball (Harty & Sheffield gave them nothing…take new shots at it).  Inevitably, they’ll be fine because Josh is an alien.  They just need to hit on a UFA WR2 or early draft WR pick. 

They need receivers that will catch clutch passes. I counted 3 dropped passes, 2 of which were sure touchdowns (Cook, diggs) the other put them in position to score. That's a minimum of 17 to 24 potential points off the board in that divisional game. Sadly it can't be taken back, what happened is what happened, but clearly they need speed on the outside with sure hands. Defensively, get a strength and conditioning coach for Pete's sake, the injuries every season deplete their defensive backfield, exposing them. Imho.

• Like (+1) 1

Until further notice the Chiefs are the top team in the NFL and the one to beat.  They will beat the 49ers.

The Bills almost had them this time.  It really was that close.  If they did I really believe that they would have beaten the Ravens and the 49ers (or Lions if they had made it).  The Biils are that close.  A healthier D and they would have found a way to not need Bass (not blaming him) for the tie late in the 4th.

The only thing that the Bills really need to do is to find Josh his Kelce - doesn't need to be a TE - the receiver that will take it to the opponents throat and jam it down.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/26/2024 at 9:47 AM, Buffalonill said:

Why would you think about moving him ? 

Just a thought.

On 1/26/2024 at 2:50 PM, nfreeman said:

What?

Are you seriously suggesting trading JA?

If so -- this might be the dumbest post in the history of this board.

Might be, just a thought.  

22 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Until further notice the Chiefs are the top team in the NFL and the one to beat.  They will beat the 49ers.

The Bills almost had them this time.  It really was that close.  If they did I really believe that they would have beaten the Ravens and the 49ers (or Lions if they had made it).  The Biils are that close.  A healthier D and they would have found a way to not need Bass (not blaming him) for the tie late in the 4th.

The only thing that the Bills really need to do is to find Josh his Kelce - doesn't need to be a TE - the receiver that will take it to the opponents throat and jam it down.

The Bills were a fluky fumble through the end zone of getting blown out.  They may make the playoffs most years with Josh but until proven otherwise, this is the Chiefs conference.  After dealing with Brady for 20 years, we now have Mahomes indefinitely. 

• Vomit 1

If the conspiracy theory that the NFL wants the Chiefs in the Super Bowl because of Taylor Swift is true, how should the Bills work to acquire him?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If the conspiracy theory that the NFL wants the Chiefs in the Super Bowl because of Taylor Swift is true, how should the Bills work to acquire him?

i see what you did there cas GIF

5 hours ago, inkman said:

The Bills were a fluky fumble through the end zone of getting blown out.  They may make the playoffs most years with Josh but until proven otherwise, this is the Chiefs conference.  After dealing with Brady for 20 years, we now have Mahomes indefinitely. 

Can’t argue that it’s Chief’s conference but I can come up with a play or two to make the opposite argument.

• Thanks (+1) 2

On 1/26/2024 at 7:20 AM, MISabresFan said:

I wonder what the market is for Josh Allen?  How many picks is he worth?

This is a funny question to ask. 
But the answer is that for the next couple years at least he’s worth one more pick than the best offer anyone would make for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

All the Bills Mafia needs to do is kidnap Kelce (the younger one that has not been seen without a shirt - in point of fact he is a very sharply dressed man) and this Swift will surely follow.

Then we tie them both up (together, but back-to-back 😉) until the playoff next season.  Then we untie Kelce stick him in Bills uni - he can have #87.

Bingo !!

Josh has the missing link that is the only differnce between him and that Patrick character.

SB 59 !!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

All the Bills Mafia needs to do is kidnap Kelce (the younger one that has not been seen without a shirt - in point of fact he is a very sharply dressed man) and this Swift will surely follow.

Then we tie them both up (together, but back-to-back 😉) until the playoff next season.  Then we untie Kelce stick him in Bills uni - he can have #87.

Bingo !!

Josh has the missing link that is the only differnce between him and that Patrick character.

SB 59 !!

schwing GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Do whatever is possible To trade up for Nabers He's Going to be the greatest receiver of all time

I really like him, but I can't see Beane spending the draft capital to make it happen.