Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Should Damar have won comeback player of the year? I'm torn. I mean he had a freak accident that's never happened in the NFL before. But he also barely played. Flacco certainly isn't the first old QB to come off the couch, but he played well. 

I also don't think Dak should have received as many votes in the categories as he got.

He cam back to life and I'm sure everyone including me thought he never play again or be brain dead. 

The NFL fumbled the ball once again

The amount of work that dude had to put in to get back on the football field is a story itself.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

They had a 10 year gap between wins. And it was actually an honest question. I had no idea what the answer was. Those early teams, they didn’t win with their offense. 

But I do think there is some merit to Swamp’s thought. The game has changed more recently, all part of when they started putting the bubble wrap around Brady. 

Ah, the waves were the SB winning years. But in that 10 year interim between Lombardis, they went to five conference championship games as well. I look at their dynasty as one giant, continuous wave; the decade between SB wins notwithstanding.

15 hours ago, MISabresFan said:

Question - how many NFL teams would you trade Beane/McDermott for (GM/ Coach )   - Kansas City then......

Ravens, SF. That's it. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

He was drafted the same year as Gronk, played for 3 seasons and never won a Super Bowl. 

That surprises me that they were drafted the same year.

They had a good tight end though, no? I know you lived there so probably remember better than I do and I really don't feel like searching back through the Bills' trail of tears to find out.

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They had a good tight end though, no? I know you lived there so probably remember better than I do and I really don't feel like searching back through the Bills' trail of tears to find out.

Ben Winter Coates left right before Brady showed up. 

.....so I guess that don't count. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

K9 answered it earlier (I had no clue who they had). I’d have to say that those names don’t belong in the conversation. The initial wins were the era of Gonzalez and Gates (I may have his timeline wrong). They didn’t have anything near that level. 

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

K9 answered it earlier (I had no clue who they had). I’d have to say that those names don’t belong in the conversation. The initial wins were the era of Gonzalez and Gates (I may have his timeline wrong). They didn’t have anything near that level.   

That’s the name I initially wrote and thought it was wrong. Glad my brain still kinda works. Either way, I believe tight end is way more important than people think. 

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s the name I initially wrote and thought it was wrong. Glad my brain still kinda works. Either way, I believe tight end is way more important than people think. 

I agree. I just think it’s a more recent development, born out of the bubble wrapped QB era. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I agree. I just think it’s a more recent development, born out of the bubble wrapped QB era. 

I disagree. The 90s Bills were who the were, in part, because of Metzelaars.

The Chiefs of that era as well.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/13/2024 at 3:33 PM, SwampD said:

You don't have to click on it.

What, are you expecting to click on it one time to find out that we actually beat the Chiefs in that playoff game?!

It's true, but if you use the "Next unread topic" to run through the forum there's no avoiding this thread.  So something is going to catch your eye.  You can't ignore threads like you can posters.  Sadly.