Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So next year will be 3 straight RS home games for KC. That still is a bunch of BS

IF the Bills & Chefs both finish in the same divisional slot next year & in '24, yes, the Bills will be the host team in '24, '25, & '26.

The league used to have the different seeds go opposites (e.g., if the East played the full West then say East #'s 1&3 would host the Central's 1&3 respectively and travel to the South's 1&3 respectively while the 2's & 4's would host a team from the South & travel to their Central opponent.).  This would tend to have teams playing each other repetitively on the same field if the 2 1st place teams both bounced to 2nd or 4th the next year.

This way, you know which slot you will host & which you'll travel to regardless of where you finish.

There is no "ideal" solution when trying to keep everything balanced.  This is at least good.  & if teams don't finish in the same slot they don't play each other every year.  If they do, then they do.  Oh, well.

Regardless of who you cheer for, Bills Chiefs continues to be the pinnacle of football as athleticism and entertainment.

Just a treat to watch. I said the same after 13 seconds.

If you can’t appreciate the way they play, you’re not a sports fan.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

IF the Bills & Chefs both finish in the same divisional slot next year & in '24, yes, the Bills will be the host team in '24, '25, & '26.

The league used to have the different seeds go opposites (e.g., if the East played the full West then say East #'s 1&3 would host the Central's 1&3 respectively and travel to the South's 1&3 respectively while the 2's & 4's would host a team from the South & travel to their Central opponent.).  This would tend to have teams playing each other repetitively on the same field if the 2 1st place teams both bounced to 2nd or 4th the next year.

This way, you know which slot you will host & which you'll travel to regardless of where you finish.

There is no "ideal" solution when trying to keep everything balanced.  This is at least good.  & if teams don't finish in the same slot they don't play each other every year.  If they do, then they do.  Oh, well.

No team should have their biggest game of the year on the road 3 years straight.  I understand the scheduling rules as you laid them out, but at some point common sense has to prevail.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No team should have their biggest game of the year on the road 3 years straight.  I understand the scheduling rules as you laid them out, but at some point common sense has to prevail.

This also happened with the Bills and Titans in recent years. Bills played in Nashville 2019-2022. 

I don't think there's anything they can really do. It's two separate patterns that happened to fall that way due to a series of events. 

Edited by Lanny

These two teams are by far the best and most entertaining in the NFL.

Unless something happens to upset the apple cart these two will meet in the AFC Championship game in January 2023.  As it should be.  The NFL should love this, but they probably won't since both are *small market* teams.  

In January these titans will clash in Orchard Park.

Fantastic win.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, calti said:

I presume you guys saw the replay on singletarys 3rd down carry on the bills final scoring drive.

CLearly he got the 1st down..The ball was at the yard marker.

It wasn't clear to me.  I thought his non-carrying elbow was down.  I didn't see enough views of the replay to know positively that the ball was across the first down marker when his elbow touched.

It turned out Coach Clappy was right not to challenge it the way the game turned out.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It wasn't clear to me.  I thought his non-carrying elbow was down.  I didn't see enough views of the replay to know positively that the ball was across the first down marker when his elbow touched.

It turned out Coach Clappy was right not to challenge it the way the game turned out.

you may have a point because i wasnt focused on non carrying elbow....but i would love to see that replay.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ok, so "common sense" prevails and you flip the location of the game.  Which other game in those two team's schedules do you flip in order to retain the balance?  Then which other game do you flip for the next two teams impacted, and on and on and on...  The league has a very rigid structure to their scheduling.  There are going to be strange quirks here and there no matter what they do.

• Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I cared more about him dancing, instead of diving, for it on second down.

I cared more about his 17/85 line carrying a cool, even 5.0 YPC. There's a lot of post-game talk about Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, Miller, Taron ... and rightfully so. But Singletary's - and his blockers' - performance was quietly one of the most encouraging parts of the game. (And yes, we were all yelling at the TV to go forward rather than lateral in that moment.)

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I cared more about his 17/85 line carrying a cool, even 5.0 YPC. There's a lot of post-game talk about Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, Miller, Taron ... and rightfully so. But Singletary's - and his blockers' - performance was quietly one of the most encouraging parts of the game. (And yes, we were all yelling at the TV to go forward rather than lateral in that moment.)

Absolutely. He had a great day.

And maybe he would have dived (dove,doven?) if it was third down.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Lanny said:

This also happened with the Bills and Titans in recent years. Bills played in Nashville 2019-2022. 

I don't think there's anything they can really do. It's two separate patterns that happened to fall that way due to a series of events. 

Back after expansion (early 1970's), they played teams in both conferences on a strict rotation.  They tried for a bit to balance home and away between each pair of teams.  Then Tampa Bay and Seattle joined and they went to the scheduling where weak teams played more weak teams while strong teams played more strong teams.  They should go back to that.  Maybe when they go to 18 games...

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Ok, so "common sense" prevails and you flip the location of the game.  Which other game in those two team's schedules do you flip in order to retain the balance?  Then which other game do you flip for the next two teams impacted, and on and on and on...  The league has a very rigid structure to their scheduling.  There are going to be strange quirks here and there no matter what they do.

Sure, let's hear this "common sense" solution.  If you have one, we're all ears.