Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The difference is that when the Bills have a visitor in December, BOTH teams are experiencing the cold, more or less equally.  To have the visiting team's bench 30 degrees hotter than the home bench is beyond home field advantage.

I’m sure those are direct sun temps. No team doesn’t know this going in. Bring shade. Bring ice. Bring ACs. What is miami supposed to do, say,”ya know what?… we’ll take the sun side today. Just for nice.”? No way.

Do the Bills have to provide heaters for visiting teams? I really don’t know. What about warm mittens and hats?

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I’m sure those are direct sun temps. No team doesn’t know this going in. Bring shade. Bring ice. Bring ACs. What is miami supposed to do, say,”ya know what?… we’ll take the sun side today. Just for nice.”? No way.

Do the Bills have to provide heaters for visiting teams? I really don’t know. What about warm mittens and hats?

Now you've got me wondering about whether or not the visiting team is allowed to put up some sort of tent.  I'd imagine that it is prohibited since we've never actually seen it happen.  I can see how fixed posts near the sideline could be major issues with players running through there, bringing the whole tent down.

But anyway, there's definitely a big difference between hot and cold though for these games.  We're talking about a game where they're required to wear heavy, thick padding.  In the cold they can bundle up as much as they want on the sideline.  They can only take so much off in the heat.  Whatever the breaking point is for the human body, I'd imagine that it's much more likely to reach it in warm weather than in cold.  Baking 300+ pound guys in the sun for 4 hours is a risk the league can't be too crazy about.  But then again, they do have no problem with a QB getting concussed twice in 5 days.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Now you've got me wondering about whether or not the visiting team is allowed to put up some sort of tent.  I'd imagine that it is prohibited since we've never actually seen it happen.  I can see how fixed posts near the sideline could be major issues with players running through there, bringing the whole tent down.

But anyway, there's definitely a big difference between hot and cold though for these games.  We're talking about a game where they're required to wear heavy, thick padding.  In the cold they can bundle up as much as they want on the sideline.  They can only take so much off in the heat.  Whatever the breaking point is for the human body, I'd imagine that it's much more likely to reach it in warm weather than in cold.  Baking 300+ pound guys in the sun for 4 hours is a risk the league can't be too crazy about.  But then again, they do have no problem with a QB getting concussed twice in 5 days.

The Vikes had makeshift tents set up w/ what appeared to be 2" PVC pipes holding up narrow (~40" wide) black tarps that only covered the benches and it looked like they were at most 7' high and possibly lower than that.  Would help a little but not much as the air immediately next to that 3-1/2' wide strip is still at 120°F.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Vikes had makeshift tents set up w/ what appeared to be 2" PVC pipes holding up narrow (~40" wide) black tarps that only covered the benches and it looked like they were at most 7' high and possibly lower than that.  Would help a little but not much as the air immediately next to that 3-1/2' wide strip is still at 120°F.

So something completely portable?  I'm guessing they were pretty far back from the sideline.  You nailed it at the end there, the only thing that's going to make a decent difference would be a massive tent.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

So something completely portable?  I'm guessing they were pretty far back from the sideline.  You nailed it at the end there, the only thing that's going to make a decent difference would be a massive tent.

A couple of 8x8 or 10x10 easy-ups with some Portacool fans. Bet they bring them next time.

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

A couple of 8x8 or 10x10 easy-ups with some Portacool fans. Bet they bring them next time.

Those would be way too tall.  They'd obstruct the view of people in the (non-luxury box) expensive seats.

The Vikes solution is about the best they'll come up w/ for 1PM games.  But move the game time & it's much less of an issue.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Those would be way too tall.  They'd obstruct the view of people in the (non-luxury box) expensive seats.

The Vikes solution is about the best they'll come up w/ for 1PM games.  But move the game time & it's much less of an issue.

But Miami clearly doesn't care about the people in those seats anyway.  They didn't get any shade added in with that renovation.

But Miami clearly doesn't care about the people in those seats anyway.  They didn't get any shade added in with that renovation.

They CLEARLY don't care about their own players' health nor safety.   So they definitely don't care about their patrons' GameDay experience either.  But, by CLAIMING they do, they force heat stroke onto their opponents.   Which, pretty sure, they see as a win-win.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Again, the issue becomes how tall they are.  The Fishies won't let the mean visitors obstruct the view of their most cherished customers.  🤮

I wonder how many cases of heat stroke they wind up with in the stands during some of these games.  I'd say that beer really doesn't help with that situation, but stadium beer may actually be a good source of hydration.

I wonder how many cases of heat stroke they wind up with in the stands during some of these games.  I'd say that beer really doesn't help with that situation, but stadium beer may actually be a good source of hydration.

Good question.  Would expect a few but probably not many.  Fans, unlike the players, can go up into the shade of the areas behind the stands at any time they choose.  They also aren't exerting themselves at all.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

The fans can go F themselves. That would be my take. If they don't like it, they can talk to the Miami management. It's only a matter of time before something bad happens.

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

The fans can go F themselves. That would be my take. If they don't like it, they can talk to the Miami management. It's only a matter of time before something bad happens.

Don't disagree w/ that at all.  But, just saying, until something tragic does happen or the league steps in, the best a visiting team will get away w/ is what the Vikes did last week.

Still think the simple solution is either make them play at 9AM like it's a London game or at 4:30 (or later) when it's anticipated the temperature will be over 85°F.  The better solution is entend out the cover over the roof on the visitor's side of the stadium another 40'-50' so the visitors get shade as well.

And the best solution would be for the league to punatively let the visitors choose which side of the field they want to stand on in that horrendously designed retrofitted stadium.  The Fishies will fix the problem PDQ should that happen.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It’s going to make Operation Cinder look like an Ewok Picnic 

I won't hijack the GDT for it, but here goes. The Packers are the most predictable team you'll face all season.

The Shanahan offense is all about running and play-action, but Rodgers has slowly gotten his fingerprints on the offense the last 2 seasons and now is basically always out of the shotgun so the play-action is useless. If Marcedes Lewis (who everyone loves) is on the field it's 90% run. There's no jet motion because of injuries to receiver. Rodgers doesn't trust rookies even though Doubs is the only receiver who can get any separation. His only downfield pass is a rainbow down the sideline. The RPO is only a run or pass, there is no Option because the QB has lost all his wheels. 

To completely shut them down: all you have to do is show a safety low, Rodgers will ALWAYS audible to pass because he ALWAYS has to make the correct pre-snap read, then you back the safety up into the cover 2 shell and wait for your pass rush to get home. Rodgers once was able to scramble, buy time, and then make any throw, or run for the first down. No more. He has no legs now.

OH! And the offensive line. Bakhtiari is finally looking like his old self, but Jenkins (a great guard) is coming off major knee surgery and is playing RT for the first time without full lateral movement. He's got to get moved back to guard but they haven't done it. And the 2nd year RG was a nice story last season as a rookie forced to play because of injuries --- but he's regressed from backup to laughable. But they're sticking with him. (He really could be out of the lineup by the time they play Buffalo.)

And every postgame presser they say they need to feed Aaron Jones and then he only gets 12 touches the next game, too.

The defense is just as predictable. More zone than man despite having very good corners. No blitzes. It's Kenny Clark and Rashan Gary and Jaire and otherwise a soft, easy-to-run-on team. They'll stay in 2 DL nickel all game and then wonder why they give up 5 yards per carry. It's a defense designed to play with a lead paired with a slow/methodical offense that's been putting up 10 points per game. So... 

The Bills should win about 45-16 (with Love playing the 4th quarter and accounting for a TD and failed 2-point conversion).

59 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I like the bills but im a greenbay fan .

Why does your GM want to kill Rodgers?  Understand that he's a jerk, but pretty sure that's not typically a capital offense.  Plus, he's just about the only reason they score at all.