Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sure, let's hear this "common sense" solution.  If you have one, we're all ears.

Simple, swap the Bills to a home game and flip another divisional opponent to KC for their home game.  Will this have a domino effect? Sure, but guess what they have computer programs that will make the adjustment.  Romo said that the Bills will be going to KC next season as well.  Assuming we are the higher seeded team this year how does that make sense?  At some point, if the system you created isn't working you change it, just like the playoff OT rules.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Simple, swap the Bills to a home game and flip another divisional opponent to KC for their home game.  Will this have a domino effect? Sure, but guess what they have computer programs that will make the adjustment.  Romo said that the Bills will be going to KC next season as well.  Assuming we are the higher seeded team this year how does that make sense?  At some point, if the system you created isn't working you change it, just like the playoff OT rules.

Sure it'll have domino effects & it'll cause somebody else to go through the same thing when next year now THEY have a 3rd year of visiting a particular opponent, but at least they did SOMETHING.  

Does it stink that the Bills will play in KC in the regular season for the 3rd straight year?  Not really.  They'll get to win there for the third straight year & the year after that their home game against them MIGHT be the 1st of 3 years in a row the other way.

As unhappy as you are about going to KC 3 years in a row, maybe KC is unhappy about not being able to have a perfect home record.  Losing IN Buffalo in the RS (should it happen in 2 years) doesn't hurt as much as losing at home because the team's looking to only lose 3 or so games over the full season expect to be perfect at home & playing Buffalo in KC makes it very likely they won't.

24 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Doesn't change the fact that the NFL scheduling is fair everywhere outside of the 17th game.

I guess your definition of fair and mine are different.  How is it fair for the Bills to play on the road 3 years straight against 2 of their top opponents in KC (3rd time next year) and Nashville?  It's not fair to the Bills or their fans who should be to see their top opponents at home periodically.  Frankly, it's also bad for the league.  No team should always be on the road against their top opponents.  The league needs to spread it around it would be better for competitive balance and for TV.  

The NFL changes the scheduling formula often.  2022 a new formula was created to add the 17th game.  All I'm asking for is that situations like what has happened to the Bills with KC and Nashville be avoided in the future.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

4 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

We don't care about no schedule this and that.  Really!!  Bring 'em all on!!

The Bills basically have a 2 game lead on the only other team that realistically can stand in their way to the Super Bowl.

I can accept that.  They just lose focus like they did last year against Jacksonville.

42 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I guess your definition of fair and mine are different.  How is it fair for the Bills to play on the road 3 years straight against 2 of their top opponents in KC (3rd time next year) and Nashville?  It's not fair to the Bills or their fans who should be to see their top opponents at home periodically.  Frankly, it's also bad for the league.  No team should always be on the road against their top opponents.  The league needs to spread it around it would be better for competitive balance and for TV.  

The NFL changes the scheduling formula often.  2022 a new formula was created to add the 17th game.  All I'm asking for is that situations like what has happened to the Bills with KC and Nashville be avoided in the future.

53 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Doesn't change the fact that the NFL scheduling is fair everywhere outside of the 17th game.

58 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The system is working fine to me.

The NFL cares about being fair?  

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

The NFL cares about being fair?  

Obviously not.  Pittsburgh has had to visit Buffalo the last 3 years and we've played them 4 straight.  We've played Nash 5 straight including 2019-2021 on the road.  Somehow we've only played the Colts and Raiders once in the last 5 years and that was in 2018.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I guess your definition of fair and mine are different.  How is it fair for the Bills to play on the road 3 years straight against 2 of their top opponents in KC (3rd time next year) and Nashville?

It's fair because Buffalo can host the following 3 years.

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

We don't care about no schedule this and that.  Really!!  Bring 'em all on!!

The Bills basically have a 2 game lead on the only other team that realistically can stand in their way to the Super Bowl.

3 way ties get sticky, so it's not an ironclad 2-game lead, but it's pretty dang close.  Not only that, but if you look at the standings, the Bills have a head-to-head victory over every current AFC division leader. Now that's a statement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Obviously not.  Pittsburgh has had to visit Buffalo the last 3 years and we've played them 4 straight.  We've played Nash 5 straight including 2019-2021 on the road.  Somehow we've only played the Colts and Raiders once in the last 5 years and that was in 2018.

The Bills played the Colts last year, but regardless...

The AFC east plays everyone in the AFC south once every 3 years.  The games against the other 2 AFC divisions are against whoever finished in the same position has them the previous year.  So 5 years is the longest amount of time you can have without teams playing each other twice (2 years off, 1 year on, another 2 years off). 

The Bills and Titans have finished in the same position 5 years in a row, so yeah, they keep playing each other.  And there's a decent chance they both finish 1st again, so make that 6 years in a row.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And Tennessee played in Buffalo this year.  That worm has turned.

In '24 the KC one does as well.

This is the third year in a row that the Steelers have had to play in Buffalo, too.  I'm sure they're not thrilled, but it doesn't make it unfair.

It was much more frustrating, for 20 years, watching other AFC teams make the playoffs without having to play New England even once in some given season, than it is to watch the Bills go win in KC every season.  That's unfair.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:54 AM, SwampD said:

I cared more about him dancing, instead of diving, for it on second down.

would love to see the replay again. the ball definitely hit the yardmarker which was a 1st down....doohickie claims elbow #2 hit the ground before the ball git to the marker. 

There is such a flux in the performance of teams that i doubt the schedule has much affect. --Look at the Giants and Jets....and now the falcons.Be wary of assuming a win  for teams like that.  Even Seattle  w/ Geno freegin smith. I didnt even know he was in the league.And he is playing well.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, Buffalonill said:

Rodgers has ZERO help this year people can think a  Miracle can happen with this wide receiver group but they're all average- bad 

And we have a x first pick  Just rotting away on the bench 

Bump

Edited by Buffalonill

On 9/27/2022 at 4:50 PM, SwampD said:

Am I the only one who has no problem with what Miami did? Buffalo fans are the last people that should gripe about a weather related home field advantage.

In the end, this game will have zero relevance to how far they go into the playoffs. 

Maybe you will now

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Still nope.

The difference is that when the Bills have a visitor in December, BOTH teams are experiencing the cold, more or less equally.  To have the visiting team's bench 30 degrees hotter than the home bench is beyond home field advantage.