Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

10 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The bottom line is when you get a player of the caliber of Jack, and you are trading him 5 years later, that’s a serious failure of a franchise. Something went really wrong. 

The GM looking like his dog got run over when they lost the lottery and we’re stuck with Eichel probably wasn’t the best start.

I look at it as 50/50.  The organization can’t get out of its own way and has made mistake after mistake.  But I also see a very talented player whose on ice performance and attitude have never lived up to expectations.  Louie Lams would have shipped Eichel and his attitude out the door a couple years ago.

My one hope of hopes is if Eichel is punted and next year is bad is that there is a superstar centre with a great attitude and leadership skills sitting there in Shane Wright if lightning would strike twice in the lottery. (Sign Hall to a one year deal.😁)

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The GM looking like his dog got run over when they lost the lottery and we’re stuck with Eichel probably wasn’t the best start.

I look at it as 50/50.  The organization can’t get out of its own way and has made mistake after mistake.  But I also see a very talented player whose on ice performance and attitude have never lived up to expectations.  Louie Lams would have shipped Eichel and his attitude out the door a couple years ago.

My one hope of hopes is if Eichel is punted and next year is bad is that there is a superstar centre with a great attitude and leadership skills sitting there in Shane Wright if lightning would strike twice in the lottery. (Sign Hall to a one year deal.😁)

what has been wrong with his on ice performance? So trade him after his 4th season after 82 points in 77 games?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am saying KA is forced into trading Jack do to numerous bad decisions by his predecessors.  Why would you trade your best player under these circumstances?   The uncertainty of the injury and the big contract will work against KA.  You must admit, he is in a very tough situation.  

As another poster just mention, if he can even get close to fair value he will have done good.   

He literally does not have to trade Eichel. The guys under contract for 5 more years. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I have no idea what the first sentence has to do with anything. 

If Power is ranked above Beniers, your scouting department values size over hockey ability. 

boo! 

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We need more forwards in general, but have zero centers in the prospect pool now that Cozens, R2 and Mitts are NHLers

you are making an assumption a Center prospect doesnt come back in any of the deals KA makes this summer.

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

boo! 

you are making an assumption a Center prospect doesnt come back in any of the deals KA makes this summer.

And you are making the assumption a defender doesn't come back. There's 6 spots for defense and 12 for forwards and we are trading at least 1 top 6 forward this summer. 

40 minutes ago, nucci said:

So now Eichel is a cancer....just like O'Reilly.....Maybe the owners are the cancer. 

Maybe the whole "cancer" thing should be left to the experts at RPCI.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

any competent franchise can win with him as a 1C, and he would make their job doing so easier than a lot of other 1Cs. 

The NHL factoid with which I've been obsessed the past couple weeks is something to the effect that all but 1 or 2 of the top-15 paid players in the league were out of the playoffs post-round-1, or something like that. The implication being: The better model is to avoid relying on superstars (or carrying superstar salaries), and build a team that's more balanced.

24 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Maybe the whole "cancer" thing should be left to the experts at RPCI.

Now don't go and get @PASabreFan started

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The NHL factoid with which I've been obsessed the past couple weeks is something to the effect that all but 1 or 2 of the top-15 paid players in the league were out of the playoffs post-round-1, or something like that. The implication being: The better model is to avoid relying on superstars (or carrying superstar salaries), and build a team that's more balanced.

Now don't go and get @PASabreFan started

It's quite an interesting stat, I think I saw the main one is about teams with a doubt-digit millions player. My gut says we need more data though as those contracts are relatively a new thing. But there could definitely be something to it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He literally does not have to trade Eichel. The guys under contract for 5 more years. 

Sure.  He could keep him and disregard his comments and his wishes. Jack could decide to be a good soldier and forge on ahead.  Or he could ask to be traded.  Based on KAs comments about wanting players that want to be here, and based on the way the season ended,  I think he will be gone.  The BN other media outlets are projecting it. 

However it turns out, the conversations between Jack and KA should remain private. If he stays then we will know he wants to stay.

Eichel, leaving is a foregone conclusion at this point.   Love the player, done with the drama.  I don't blame him for how he feels in the situation, but personally at this point, we need to build something fresh with new players.  Players 7-8 years in this toxic situation aren't going to want to be here anymore.

17 hours ago, kas23 said:

So, you’re saying this is a team sport and even Jack in his prime couldn’t have helped them this past year. I agree. The playoffs are proving this too. There are excellent players, but I don’t see any Jacks, Connors, or Austins. So, maybe we need to take a different view on how we form our roster. This may be with or without Jack, but trading Jack for different assets certainly doesn’t preclude us from playoff hockey. 

I wish the franchise and the fanbase would have realized this 10 years ago

#stillmadaboutthetank

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If Power is ranked above Beniers, your scouting department values size over hockey ability. 

Maybe. Or maybe Power is the better player for a variety of reasons. Maybe. Maybe not.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have no idea what the first sentence has to do with anything. 

Arrogance is showing. I think you need to apply for their jobs. Sorry but you really are coming across as knowing more than anyone else. Opinions are one thing thinking everyone who doesn't share them are dumb that's another thing.

• Like (+1) 4

On 6/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, LGR4GM said:

You are correct that KA doesn't have to trade Eichel. But if Eichel wants out and the GM determines that he can get a reasonable deal (not necessarily equal value deal) then a trade would make sense. If the Rangers were willing to trade Kakko and LaFraniere for him I would take the offer. Without a doubt the Rangers get the best player in the transaction but we would get two young players with upside and ready to play right away. 

Not sure where to put this. Fella at the Sabres Hockeybuzz blog (goes by TheSabresTaco -- seems a decent fella) posted this last night:

Alrite.
So what I've got, and it goes against what I've posted I felt.
Jack to Calgary is almost locked in. Goes against Broads' friend who says LA, but lines up with the Mayor/Freidman.
Surgery talk is dead silent, just like Freidman/Dredger claimed.
Sam Reinhart is 100% gone. Doesn't want to return. I made him say 100%, he said 100%.
Same with Risto.

Granato is 50/50. Adams wants to talk to Lane Lambert and Jeff Halpern.

I don't give a poop if I turn out to be wrong. My guy has been connected to the Sabres for many years. Throws stones if ya feel like it.

One more thing. I disagree with it, but he said expect to trade 1OA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2